QB Class 2020, Will It Be Like 2004, 2012 or Another Year?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Maniaque 6
    French Speaking Charger Fan
    • Jan 2019
    • Québec city
    • Send PM

QB Class 2020, Will It Be Like 2004, 2012 or Another Year?

Burrow, Tua and Herbert, are they like Eli, Philip and Ben ?
    Or they are much like Luck, Griffin and Tannehill ?
    According to M. Sessier, 2004 and 2012 are the best QB's class since 2000.
    There's a chance too that we will have 2009 scenario : Stafford, Sanchez, Freeman.
    Do you really want to spend the 6th spot on a QB ?
  • gzubeck
    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
    • Jan 2019
    • Tucson, AZ
    • Send PM

Up in the air about this year. Tua could bust out due to injuries and Herbert could bust if in a bad organization. Wildcards are Hurts and Eason and possibly Love. Fromm is just average and Might make it as a backup.
    Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• ChargingBolts
      Superbowl?
      • Sep 2018
      • Los Angeles/Chicago
      • Send PM

My guess it will be like 1998.

Peyton Manning, Ryan Leaf, Charlie Batch, Brian Griese.

This is my gut feeling and why I don't want a QB drafted.

Look at some of the good QB's drafted over the past several years, Dak 4th round, Minshew 6th round ... Easton Stick 5th round?

Comment

• Charge!
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Aug 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post
        Burrow, Tua and Herbert, are they like Eli, Philip and Ben ?
        Or they are much like Luck, Griffin and Tannehill ?
        According to M. Sessier, 2004 and 2012 are the best QB's class since 2000.
        There's a chance too that we will have 2009 scenario : Stafford, Sanchez, Freeman.
        Do you really want to spend the 6th spot on a QB ?
        Most drafts have zero elite future HOF type QB's........so it is very rare when there is even one.....

there have ONLY been 2 drafts in NFL history with 3 HOF'ers in them..... 1989 and 2004.....

1957 had 2 future HOF QBs.......

All the rest of the drafts have either one or zero.......

Tua and Burrow are special, they are elite, strong arms, quick releases, great decision makers, they are leaders, they are consistently accurate from all ranges against the toughest defenses in college football..... they make everyone around them better, and they are clutch, like the truly great QB's do....

They are as close to cant miss as possible ..... like the QB's were in 1983, and 2004.......

The ONLY way that Burrow and Tua are not perennial pro-bowl passers in the NFL is injuries........ and injuries can happen to anyone....... so we can't count that......

But the good thing is that no one is allowed to hit QB's any more in NFL so great QB's play longer then ever......

Remember the end of Fout's career and how many horrible seasons we had to endure before Chargers got Rivers?????.....

Since it is a rare situation when an elite QB is available ....and extremely rare when there are 2....... any team would be stupid foolish to not trade whatever it takes to get one of those 2 QB's......
        having a great OL, great receivers, or great defense means nothing without a great QB........ most of the years between Fouts and Rivers were horrible except for that one miracle cinderella season in '94......

It is super extremely rare when a team is bad enough the season right before a truly great QB comes out in the draft, so when those 2 events match up, it means the Chargers have to take advantage of the opportunity......

Comment

• Charge!
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Aug 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargingBolts View Post
          My guess it will be like 1998.

Look at some of the good QB's drafted over the past several years, Dak 4th round, Minshew 6th round ... Easton Stick 5th round?
          oh, yeah those are great ones who can dominate games...... lol

I can guarantee that Burrow and Tua will not be another Ryan Leaf........ lol

and Hebert will be just like most of the big strong armed QB's with no touch or anticipation that get drafted e very year and fail miserably in NFL.......

Comment

• 21&500
            Bolt Spit-Baller
            • Sep 2018
            • A Whale's Vajayjay
            • CMB refugee
            • Send PM

Has anyone seen that video on the Chargers app of Tyrod making vegan mac n cheese?
            People think I’m joking about hating on vegan football players, but I’m dead serious.
            if anyone has some data on this I’d be interested
            imo, you simply can’t regenerate quality cells fast enough to replace the ones you’re breaking down in a full contact sport like tackle football
            maybe qb is the one position you can with the way the league is protecting them now, but I wouldn’t want any of my players on a vegan diet.
            Tyrod has been physically healthy in large part because he’s only been a starting qb for three years from 2015-17 and 3 games in 2018 with the Browns.
            but he’s 30 now, and that’s like 95 in vegan football years
            I exaggerate but if he truly is our starter for 2020, I expect an injury playoff time, just saying.

I really hope Stick likes steak
            .005 Brock Bowers, TE/HB/SR Georgia
            .037 Braden Fiske, DT Florida St.
            .069 Mike Sainristil, CB Michigan
            .105 Brenden Rice, WR USC
            .110 Mason McCormick, OG/OC S. Dakota St.
            .140 Zak Zinter, OG Michigan
            .181 Nehemiah Pritchett, CB Auburn
            .225 Ainias Smith, WR Texas A&M
            .253 Carson Steele, RB UCLA

Comment

• ChargingBolts
              Superbowl?
              • Sep 2018
              • Los Angeles/Chicago
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

oh, yeah those are great ones who can dominate games...... lol

I can guarantee that Burrow and Tua will not be another Ryan Leaf........ lol

and Hebert will be just like most of the big strong armed QB's with no touch or anticipation that get drafted e very year and fail miserably in NFL.......
              I said Peyton Manning as well and that could be Burrow, Tua may be Charlie Batch, Herbert may be Griese, Eason may be Leaf.

Dak is nothing to sneeze at and Brady was also a 6th rounder. I don't think Telesco drafted Stick last year to be a wasted throw away pick.

Would anyone here of been happy had we drafted Gardner Minshew instead of Stick?

I'd be happy rolling out Minshew as our starter for 2020 instead of Tyrod.

Comment

• blueman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                I really hope Stick likes steak
                Seconded.

Did not realize Tyrod was vegan, nothing against that as a life choice but I share your concerns re pairing it with football.

Comment

• gzubeck
                  Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Tucson, AZ
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

Seconded.

Did not realize Tyrod was vegan, nothing against that as a life choice but I share your concerns re pairing it with football.
                  Vegan goes with Yoga and eating Steak goes with smashing someone in the face (Carnivore). LOL!
                  Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  😂
                  🥰
                  😘
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😞
                  😡