• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fleet
    TPB Founder
    • Jun 2013
    • Cardiff - Poipu
    • Send PM

You guys rock. Thanks for sharing with us. I love getting to know our members better.

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Man i didnt realize most here were so old :chuckle:

Im old too, just not as old lmao.

Anyways, i was born in Sharp Hospital in SD in Nov 1962.
      Grew up in Poway from age 5 having moved from...... Not sure exactly. Somewhere around the USD area and forget what that area is called.
      Left SD and moved to WA in 1992 but only for a year in Everett. Came back to SD til 1995 and then went to Las Vegas to work and moved the Fam there in 1996 and been here ever since as my perm residence.

I can remember being a Chargers fan way back when Hadl was the QB and Mike Garrett was the RB. I dont recall much about Lance Alworth but do remember Gary Garrison lol.

I was in High school when Fouts and company were putting up HOF numbers and loved John Jefferson. He was dynamic here. Klein was such a crappy cheap owner. Hated trading him and Fred Dean away. I was also an avid Raider Hater.....got that from my Dad.

At Poway High School i played football and baseball , went to a baseball camp in SD where i got to meet Pete Rose and Ozzie smith. Great times.
      A brief stint at Palomar college football, then went into the trade i am now.... a Union Electrician which has had me travel around for work at times. Ive spent a lot of time in the Bay Area and was there for 3.5 years recently, coming back home at times only working like 9 months a year. Left there in Aug, 2018.

Been married since 1989, two kids, a Daughter and a Son who are 30 and 25. Son has a form of Autism. No grandkids

Had knee replacement surgery in Sept 2018(left) and Dec 2018(right) in SD at Reese Steely,.... which was tough but im much better off now and glad i did it. Some Dr's said I was too young.

Been a member with some of these guys here on thenflforum since 2001 or 2002. Was also a regular poster at the UT back when Roo and Shamrock were Mods and then moved to the CMB....which i didnt care for....but not because of them. Stuck with the UT for some time but not anymore. Been a while since i been posting there regularly.
      I have also posted at BoltTalk but left there years ago as well.

I am not a excitable fan...meaning when i watch them on TV , im not a jump up and down, yell at the TV kinda fan. When Gibson knocked that pass away in Pittsburgh which sent us to the SB, i didnt jump up and down. Just looked at my Wife and said...we are going to the super bowl!.

This may surprise some posters in here to hear that though lol. When i rebuttle, my tone is never meant to be harsh but may look that way when you read it.... and sometimes i may let a dumb or stupid word to slip out. Sorry bout that.
      Last edited by Boltjolt; 04-04-2020, 04:50 PM.
      11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia (plus AZ 2025 1st)
      35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
      37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
      66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
      69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
      100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
      110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
      140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
      181 Jarrian Jones CB - Florida st
      225 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Ol' Miss ➡️ 253 Fabien Lovett DT-FL st

Comment

• Rugger05
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Born in SD in 73. My parents met at a Chargers game back at Balboa Stadium.

Moved out to Phx in 79. Always been a Chargers fan, always will be a Chargers fan.

Now trying get my 7 year old son on board

Comment

• maxxi
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2016
          • Send PM

Born in Hawaii,1966 but moved to San Diego when I was still young. I graduated from Clairemont “Fast Times” High School, still live in the neighborhood and have been a die hard Charger fan ever since.

As a kid, I started watching the Bolts with my dad and brothers and have watched nearly every game ever since. Like you, I’ve seen it all...from the greats Fouts, Seau, Humphries, L.T, Rivers and not so great Leaf, David Boston, Wade Richey. And the games...too many to go through but there were so many great moments. I made it to the welcome back rally after they beat the Steelers in ‘94 and the home playoff games vs the Jets and Pats...ouch. I’m a glutton for pain I guess because i keep cheering them on.

The move was especially tough but they’re still my team. I’ll still cheer on Philip too. Most of my buddies have chosen other teams to root for or don’t watch football anymore. I’ve become the town fool to them but this forum helps keep me going. Thank you to Fleet and the rest of you. Be safe out there.

Comment

• FliptheSwitch56
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Mar 2020
            • Send PM

Born in the 70s outside DC. As a boy, went thru my bouts of bandwagon-ism and had chapters of Cowboys and Steelers. Back when there were two 1pm & two 4pm games, after watching the Redskins hand the ball off to Riggins all day, the Chargers were frequently the 4pm - the diff was night & day, with Air Coryell. Settled on the Chargers in 1980.

Had the pleasure living in San Diego for a couple years. Loved the area. Wasted lots of gas driving around and taking it all in.

Comment

• Fleet
              TPB Founder
              • Jun 2013
              • Cardiff - Poipu
              • Send PM

Originally posted by FliptheSwitch56 View Post
              Born in the 70s outside DC. As a boy, went thru my bouts of bandwagon-ism and had chapters of Cowboys and Steelers. Back when there were two 1pm & two 4pm games, after watching the Redskins hand the ball off to Riggins all day, the Chargers were frequently the 4pm - the diff was night & day, with Air Coryell. Settled on the Chargers in 1980.

Had the pleasure living in San Diego for a couple years. Loved the area. Wasted lots of gas driving around and taking it all in.
              Welcome to the Blues. Great to have you.

Comment

• chris9341
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2013
                • Send PM

Well I was born in klamath falls Or in sept of 73. Mostly Raiders and 49ers fans in the town now living in Beaverton Or Seahawks country up here. I became a fan of the Chargers after watching the Epic in Miami. I don't recall if I had ever seen a football game before that game but I just remember that game specifically. It's like it was meant to be. I can't imagine being a fan of another team. I do have certain players I loved watching especially in the past. Like when ever they showed the Detroit Lions on TV I would alway watch them just to watch Barry Sanders and I also loved watching the Bears and seeing Walter Payton play.

Comment

• 21&500
                  Bolt Spit-Baller
                  • Sep 2018
                  • A Whale's Vajayjay
                  • CMB refugee
                  • Send PM

Really nice to read about everyone here, great thread Fleet.
                  born in 82 (good Charger year too I hear!)
                  San Ysidro boulevard for the first 5 years
                  a 5 minute walk from the McDonald's massacre, some of you SD guys will remember that crazy asshole.
                  I didn't grow up following or playing sports like most kids, I didn't really get the concept.
                  that probably has something to do with being raised by a single mother in what would be described as a matriarchal family.
                  Grandma, mom, aunt and elder cousins all female, all ran the show/called the shots.
                  Today my wife is my best friend and has been since I met and fell in love with her in the 9th grade.
                  She's been a Charger fans longer than I (Padres too)
                  We have 3 kiddos. 17, 5, and 2.
                  all girls (fittingly).
                  Gimmie Bower Power!!

Comment

Working...
                  X