• Show
Clear All
  • ChargingBolts
    Superbowl?
    • Sep 2018
    • Los Angeles/Chicago
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

The fan loyalty for Rivers is understandable. He was the face of the franchise for 15 years and he was a pretty damn good quarterback for most of that time. I think Chargers fans will be surprised, though, how different in a positive way the Chargers look without him. Over the past several seasons I came to regard Rivers as a quarterback capable of putting up really good numbers, but lacking in big game ability. I felt the Chargers should have moved on from him in 2017 when they had a high draft pick with some good quarterback options. I really wanted TT to draft Mahomes. They could have drafted a wide receiver in the second or third round that year that is as good as or better than Mike Williams.
    When you have time watch what he does in Indy, I have a very good feeling the Rivers you will see behind that stud O line is the Rivers you saw in K.C. clutch, winning, etc.

Comment

• Velo
      Ride!
      • Aug 2019
      • Everywhere
      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
      • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargingBolts View Post

When you have time watch what he does in Indy, I have a very good feeling the Rivers you will see behind that stud O line is the Rivers you saw in K.C. clutch, winning, etc.
      I'll be surprised if he does any better than Brissett. We'll see. I think either Tua or Herbert could become the starter as a rookie for the Chargers. Not in week 1, but if the Chargers don't sign Cam and go with Taylor, and Taylor isn't winning games, I could see either of these two rookies becoming the starter before season's end. They should both be NFL ready.

Comment

• ChargingBolts
        Superbowl?
        • Sep 2018
        • Los Angeles/Chicago
        • Send PM

I'll be surprised if he does any better than Brissett. We'll see. I think either Tua or Herbert could become the starter as a rookie for the Chargers. Not in week 1, but if the Chargers don't sign Cam and go with Taylor, and Taylor isn't winning games, I could see either of these two rookies becoming the starter before season's end. They should both be NFL ready.
        My gut tells me Telesco isn't going to give up on his draft pick of Easton Stick and we all need to accept that a QB may not even be selected.

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

My gut tells me Telesco isn't going to give up on his draft pick of Easton Stick and we all need to accept that a QB may not even be selected.
          So you think he is going to put all his eggs in Sticks basket? He needs to have options and put competition at the most important possition. My guess is they like being top 6 for a QB

Comment

• Velo
            Ride!
            • Aug 2019
            • Everywhere
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

So you think he is going to put all his eggs in Sticks basket? He needs to have options and put competition at the most important possition. My guess is they like being top 6 for a QB
            I am with you. Curious...re your mock, if TT doesn't draft a OT, who is going to be the Bolts' LT? Pipkens, Buluga switching over, FA/trade?

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

I am with you. Curious...re your mock, if TT doesn't draft a OT, who is going to be the Bolts' LT? Pipkens, Buluga switching over, FA/trade?
              I figure Pipkins with Tevi as a backup. I hope not but I think they like Pipkins.

Comment

• Velo
                Ride!
                • Aug 2019
                • Everywhere
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I figure Pipkins with Tevi as a backup. I hope not but I think they like Pipkins.
                I've been reading too that Pipkins has gained their confidence. Makes me a bit uneasy though. If they move up for Tua then right tackle would be protecting the blind side.

Comment

• Steve
                  Administrator
                  • Jun 2013
                  • South Carolina
                  • Meteorologist
                  • Send PM

I've been reading too that Pipkins has gained their confidence. Makes me a bit uneasy though. If they move up for Tua then right tackle would be protecting the blind side.
                  If Tua ends up being the guy, then they could easily accomidate him by putting Bulaga at RT. Bulaga is a very strong in pass protection. He played exclusively at RT for GB. He has not really been a great run blocker over the course of his career. Sort of a LT type who has always played RT.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                    French Speaking Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Québec city
                    • Send PM

Pipkins and Tevi at LT are not an option if your QB is right handed.

Comment

• richpjr
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Nashville
                      • Send PM

We're not going into next season with 2 QBs on the roster and from what Popper keeps reporting they think Stick has the potential to develop into a solid backup QB. If we don't draft a QB it's because we sign someone like Cam Newton (blech).

Comment

• RTPbolt
                        Charger Fan till the end
                        • Jun 2013
                        • North Carolina
                        • Send PM

I agree ...if we sign Cam we could hold off on a qb. Its not necessarily my top choice but he has talent when healthy and might have learned something thru his being cut.i think it could work and would lead to going OT or a top D player first.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by RTPbolt View Post
                          I agree ...if we sign Cam we could hold off on a qb. Its not necessarily my top choice but he has talent when healthy and might have learned something thru his being cut.i think it could work and would lead to going OT or a top D player first.
                          IF they sign Cam and indications are they aren't,. It would be after the draft

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡
                          👍