• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by jubei View Post

TC you got it wrong too bro...it's CarDALE Jones.

In any case I hope Fouts does some games. I liked him even though he was a little harsh on the bolts. And I think he was that way to show non-partisan as another poster mentioned. After all records are made to be broken and in this era the passing game is MUCH easier than during Fouts' era.
    Oh my...whoopsie, daisy! Does this mean I now qualify as a commentator like LT?

Comment

• Cdn Bolt
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jan 2019
      • Ontario , Canada
      • Send PM

I liked Dan Fouts too. Very insightful. The good commentators are the ones who explain the plays on offense, describe the formation, why it works etc. Jon Gruden was good at that. Going back John Madden may have been the best because he described it in easy to understand terms to those who hadn't played beyond high school level or not al all

Comment

• Pointyearedog
        Humble Chargers Fan
        • May 2017
        • Golden Hill
        • Medical Devices Operations
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Cdn Bolt View Post
        I liked Dan Fouts too. Very insightful. The good commentators are the ones who explain the plays on offense, describe the formation, why it works etc. Jon Gruden was good at that. Going back John Madden may have been the best because he described it in easy to understand terms to those who hadn't played beyond high school level or not al all
        Yeah, and Madden had that virtual chalkboard going on too...
        "You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer." --Frank Zappa

Comment

Working...
        X