• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RollingThunder
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

For Those Not Wanting To Draft A QB

Looking at our history, when was the last time we fielded a good team without a good QB? Has it ever happened?
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by RollingThunder View Post
    Looking at our history, when was the last time we fielded a good team without a good QB? Has it ever happened?
    Stan was really just a mediocre QB..a little above average maybe. But he had a knack for the big play at times.

You know everytime i think of us potentually drafting Jordon Love, i picture Billy Joe Tolliver over throwing his target for an INT lol

Comment

• RollingThunder
      Administrator
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Stan was really just a mediocre QB..a little above average maybe. But he had a knack for the big play at times.

You know everytime i think of us potentually drafting Jordon Love, i picture Billy Joe Tolliver over throwing his target for an INT lol

Don't agree at all here. When Stan was healthy, he was one of the most clutch QB's ever, including the most clutch QB we've ever had.

Proof of this was that our team sucked until the moment we traded for Stan and the first time he stepped on the field you could just see he had "it". He completely changed our team and how good it was.

Comment

• UtahBolt
        Did we win?
        • Jun 2013
        • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
        • Send PM

Don't agree at all here. When Stan was healthy, he was one of the most clutch QB's ever, including the most clutch QB we've ever had.

Proof of this was that our team sucked until the moment we traded for Stan and the first time he stepped on the field you could just see he had "it". He completely changed our team and how good it was.
        My favorite all time Charger. Widely regarded as one of the toughest players in the league during his career, man he would just take some brutal hits sometimes. You are right RT, the Chargers were terrible in '91 and were set to go into the 92 season with John Friesz as the starting QB (!) until he got hurt in the preseason. BB then makes a really good trade with his former team (Wash) and the Chargers become better immediately despite the 0-4 start that season (still the only 0-4 team to make the playoffs, right?). Thus, the road to the 94 Super Bowl began with that trade.
        I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

• richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

Stan was a good QB.

No legitimate QB = little hope of contending unless the rest of the team is dominant in all other areas. We aren't that team.

Comment

• beachcomber
            & ramblin' man
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

and so you think that is reason enough to draft a QB @6 ??
            RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• 21&500
              Bolt Spit-Baller
              • Sep 2018
              • A Whale's Vajayjay
              • CMB refugee
              • Send PM

Fact: Thursday can’t come soon enough
              .005 Brock Bowers, TE/HB/SR Georgia
              .037 Braden Fiske, DT Florida St.
              .069 Mike Sainristil, CB Michigan
              .105 Brenden Rice, WR USC
              .110 Mason McCormick, OG/OC S. Dakota St.
              .140 Zak Zinter, OG Michigan
              .181 Nehemiah Pritchett, CB Auburn
              .225 Ainias Smith, WR Texas A&M
              .253 Carson Steele, RB UCLA

Comment

• Xenos
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

Unless Burrows drops to us somehow, I say no in drafting a QB in the first round. Other rounds are open for discussion especially 2nd and 3rd.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

He was a good fit for us and he made big plays at crucial times but he wasnt one of the top QBs in the league by no means. He never even had 20 TDs in a season ever. Not knocking him at all, he was what he was and a good fit for our team then.

I mean he took over for John Freiz who was not a very good starting NFL QB.

Comment

• Classic
                    Hall Of Fame
                    • Dec 2014
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

I don't speak for O.P but there really isn't a reason Telesco shouldn't take a QB at six. Unless he thinks all the Q.Bs after Burrow are awful. I don't think there's much of a chance we win with Tyrod if we couldn't get it done with Rivers. Need a rookie QB on this team in the next two seasons

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

I am not against drafting a QB at 6. I just want it to be because based on film study, analysis - he is the RIGHT QB to be picked. Even if he is the 12-15th ranked player overall - but for Telesco - he checks the boxes to be a good NFL QB.

I just don't want him picking QB to pick QB since there are a lot of good players at 6 that can really help the team this year.

Comment

• RollingThunder
                        Administrator
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

You didn't answer my question. History says we've always been a horrible team without a good QB. What makes you think things will be different now?

Heck, we even drafted Eli at 1 and then traded for Rivers at 4 when we still had Brees on the team. Why wouldn't we use a 6 for a QB now?

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        😂
                        🥰
                        😘
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😞
                        😡
                        👍