• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt-O
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

On the rumor that the Dolphins were going to trade up to get a OT...

“Every rumor I heard, I went through my head of how would we handle this if this happened,” Telesco told Pat McAfee. “Now, the whole, Miami taking a tackle at 3, maybe they really were, I just didn’t believe that one.”

Telesco confirmed that the Chargers were set on taking a quarterback, and if it hadn’t been Justin Herbert, it would have been Tagovailoa or Joe Burrow, whoever fell to them.

“We felt great about all three quarterbacks who went in the Top 6,” Telesco said. “If you’re going to pick this high and there’s a potential franchise quarterback, you have to take him.”
    Simmons was never an option, unless all three of the QBs were gone.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post

And it does make sense and because I liked the idea of Simmons on the defense, I put QB on the back burner. But you have to have a QB. And if he ranked them all very high - it makes sense why he took them. Especially if there was a gap between Herbert and the 4th QB. In the back of my mind, well sometimes the front, taking Simmons meant taking more of a "bigger project" than Herbert. So I totally get why Telesco took who he feels can be a franchise level, heck even if Herbert is top 12 level QB - thats huge in the NFL.

It was the right pick

Comment

• gzubeck
        Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
        • Jan 2019
        • Tucson, AZ
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post

It would be really cool for telesco to let us take a look at his 1st round rankings but that may give up too much in his organizations thinking. I'm not sure we would have drafted simmons there as well. We might have taken a receiver, tackle or moved down to acquire another second rounder.
        Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

Working...
        X