• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CivilBolt
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Nov 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Be nice to make a 6 figure salary for getting 50% of your job duties completely wrong. Almost as good as failing 70% of the time in the batter’s box and being one of the very best of your profession all while making $10+ figure salary.
    One pundit’s bold prediction came true though. If drafted high, he will get his HC fired. Technically he did but it wasn’t JH fault. We all know the story.

Comment

• gzubeck
      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
      • Jan 2019
      • Tucson, AZ
      • Send PM

Originally posted by CivilBolt View Post

One pundit’s bold prediction came true though. If drafted high, he will get his HC fired. Technically he did but it wasn’t JH fault. We all know the story.
      Too Funny! It was all the bad playing of players on the rest of the team.

:Cheers1:
      Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Hadl2Alworth
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Oct 2017
        • Send PM

I'm just imagining a physically - and mentally/emotionally - stronger Justin Herbert entering his second season of NFL football. I hope Justin is proud of all his accomplishments last year. I almost envision a robo-QB in Herbert when I think about what a years experience along with a much improved o-line could do for him. I hope Feiler represents a huge upgrade to the o-line. The grader at The Athletic (Sheil Kapadia) gave the Feiler signing a "C". Certainly better than what we've had but also not great. At least we got Linsley though. And it seems we're poised to add at least one more top shelf o-liner (probably a tackle) in the first round. And I'm hoping we'll get lucky with another draft selection at the o-line. I want us to sign Trent Williams obviously but until it happens I won't be counting on it.

Comment

• Steve
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • South Carolina
          • Meteorologist
          • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

I'll take a second helping from Herbert from last year plus a 10 % improvement on the rest of the offense plus an improved defense puts us in the playoffs this upcoming year. Not worried at all until after free agency and the draft. Until we know what the rest of the team is going to look like we don't have to worry.
          The key to Herbert having a great 2nd season is just putting the pieces around him to be successful. He isn't going to be able to have a great year like he did last year, so he is going to have to find a better way of pulling it off, and that means being better when there is no pressure on.

Even losing Henry, we have the skill players to do that. Get him a running game to take pressure off of Herbert and/or give him some pass protection, Herbert will be fine. Add in the consistency that all that implies, our O could be a lot better, and by inference the D will be in much better position to defend leads.

Comment

• AK47
            Registered Charger Fan
            • May 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post

The key to Herbert having a great 2nd season is just putting the pieces around him to be successful. He isn't going to be able to have a great year like he did last year, so he is going to have to find a better way of pulling it off, and that means being better when there is no pressure on.

Even losing Henry, we have the skill players to do that. Get him a running game to take pressure off of Herbert and/or give him some pass protection, Herbert will be fine. Add in the consistency that all that implies, our O could be a lot better, and by inference the D will be in much better position to defend leads.
            If we can balance the 2nd year decrease in QB production with better running it would be better as a whole.

Now about that defense...oh yeah we got a defensive HC!!!

Comment

• Bolt Dude
              Draftnik
              • Oct 2020
              • Send PM

I refuse to believe Mac Jones is as fast as JH10

Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• ghost
                The Rise of Kellen Moore
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Must share QB analysis on Herbert's rookie season with Kurt Warner. 2 Episodes.

Comment

• jamrock
                  lawyers, guns and money
                  • Sep 2017
                  • Send PM

Justin Herbert, DIME LORD

Comment

• Velo
                    Ride!
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Everywhere
                    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
                    Personally, I think that two game stretch, Bucs-Saints, were his best games. Just his 3rd and 4th starts, against two of the NFC's best teams, he throws 7 TD passes and 554 yards. Those two games proved he was legit.

Comment

• jamrock
                      lawyers, guns and money
                      • Sep 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

Personally, I think that two game stretch, Bucs-Saints, were his best games. Just his 3rd and 4th starts, against two of the NFC's best teams, he throws 7 TD passes and 554 yards. Those two games proved he was legit.
                      Those are also two very good defenses. All the more impressive

Comment

• Velo
                        Ride!
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Everywhere
                        • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                        • Send PM

Another thing that has stuck with me in the various videos analyzing his rookie season, is that he showed unusual commitment to learning the playbook and learning what to look for. Most rookie QBs don't have that kind of commitment to the academic part of the game. But JH surprised his coaches with how much he knew. When Lynn was non committal about naming Herbert the starter I don't think he understood how studious Herbert was and had been and how well he had prepared himself (the anti-Leaf) and when they reviewed film of his decision-making they realized he was ready to be an NFL QB. That kind of commitment to the studious part of the game is why I think he's going to be even better than in his 2nd season and compete for MPV. The only think about Herbert is that he doesn't have the quickest release, like Rodgers and Mahomes. It's not a slow release by any means, but one thing that Rodgers and Mahomes have that set them apart is their quick releases.

The other thing that concerns me about Herbert is his diet. I follow him on Instagram and I think he has an endorsement deal with a grill maker or something because he posts a lot about cooking big pieces of meat. He loves his tri-tip. That's OK when you're 22--23, but man I hope he gets a clue as he gets into his mid 20s that that a diet heavy in red meat is not optimal for a pro athlete. I hope starts thinking what Tom Brady has done to make it possible to still win Super Bowl MVP awards after 20 years in the NFL and learn to take really good care of himself, starting with adopting a more plant-based diet and cutting meat to a minimum. Justin is a really smart guy. His brother is in med school and might help him learn about physiology and nutrition. Think how long Justin might be able to play at a high level for the Chargers if he adopts a lifestyle similar to the TB12 Method.

Comment

• CivilBolt
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Nov 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                          Another thing that has stuck with me in the various videos analyzing his rookie season, is that he showed unusual commitment to learning the playbook and learning what to look for. Most rookie QBs don't have that kind of commitment to the academic part of the game. But JH surprised his coaches with how much he knew. When Lynn was non committal about naming Herbert the starter I don't think he understood how studious Herbert was and had been and how well he had prepared himself (the anti-Leaf) and when they reviewed film of his decision-making they realized he was ready to be an NFL QB. That kind of commitment to the studious part of the game is why I think he's going to be even better than in his 2nd season and compete for MPV. The only think about Herbert is that he doesn't have the quickest release, like Rodgers and Mahomes. It's not a slow release by any means, but one thing that Rodgers and Mahomes have that set them apart is their quick releases.

The other thing that concerns me about Herbert is his diet. I follow him on Instagram and I think he has an endorsement deal with a grill maker or something because he posts a lot about cooking big pieces of meat. He loves his tri-tip. That's OK when you're 22--23, but man I hope he gets a clue as he gets into his mid 20s that that a diet heavy in red meat is not optimal for a pro athlete. I hope starts thinking what Tom Brady has done to make it possible to still win Super Bowl MVP awards after 20 years in the NFL and learn to take really good care of himself, starting with adopting a more plant-based diet and cutting meat to a minimum. Justin is a really smart guy. His brother is in med school and might help him learn about physiology and nutrition. Think how long Justin might be able to play at a high level for the Chargers if he adopts a lifestyle similar to the TB12 Method.
                          Maybe JH can be the new promoter for George Foreman grill :cheers:

Comment

Working...
                          X