• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CivilBolt
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Nov 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by PR#1 View Post
    Herbert has out performed Burrow this year.

No way this is accurate.

The putting of Herbert behind QB's who have never taken a snap in the NFL is a real slap in the face !
    They’re claiming Burrow was better with intermediate passes compared to JH. As I previously posted, I rather have JH’s deep bombs than watch Burrow dink and dunk. It makes the game more exciting to watch.

Comment

• Velo
      Ride!
      • Aug 2019
      • Everywhere
      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
      • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post
      We're gaining fans around the world because of JH! This guy down under is absolutely stunned by his rookie season. Fun Watch!

This was a lot of fun to watch. Yeah, it was hilarious watching his gobsmacked reaction when Herbert made some of his great throws.

Comment

• SuperCharged
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Sep 2019
        • Utah
        • Midnight Toker
        • Send PM

I just have to say that is by far the most AMAZING season I have ever seen as a Charger. LT would be #2 but JH just was nothing short of sensational. With the draft creeping close I admit it I just watched the 2020 highlights. Still gives me goosebumps what's ahead of us. :youaretheman:

I'll post it again. 16 minutes of awesomeness. Good mojo for TT....

Comment

• MagicMamba88
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Sep 2019
          • Send PM

As Chargers' season ticket holders toured SoFi Stadium for the first time during an open house on Saturday, Justin Herbert took a moment to field questions. When asked to recap his sensational Year 1, the reigning Offensive Rookie of the Year's reply made

Chargers QB Justin Herbert calls rookie year 'a blur,' eager to 'master the offense' in Year 2

The start of Year 2 is still several months away but Justin Herbert, the reigning Offensive Rookie of the Year, is already eager to build off his impressive Year 1.

As Chargers' season ticket holders toured SoFi Stadium for the first time during an open house on Saturday, L.A.'s bright, young star quarterback took a moment to field questions. When asked to recap his sensational rookie season, Herbert's reply made it evident that he's not spending too much time dwelling on the past.

"It's been a blur. It's gone by so fast. It's been a lot of fun," he told NFL Network's Taylor Biscotti. "Obviously, it was a tough year. Didn't win as many games as we would've liked. I think we got the talent, I think we got the guys, the staff members. So I'm really looking forward to it."

After being inserted into the starting lineup in Week 2, Herbert churned out spectacular plays on nearly a weekly basis en route to setting numerous rookie QB records. But, like many rookie signal-callers before him, the 2020 sixth overall pick exhibited his share of growing pains.

First-year Chargers coach Brandon Staley has spoken throughout the offseason about his desire to work with Herbert and help him develop in 2021 and beyond. The 23-year-old QB spoke candidly on Saturday about the facets of his game he'd like to refine.

"There's a lot to improve on. I think if I could master the offense, if I could go to the line of scrimmage and have a plan of exactly what we're going to do. I think I can always work on footwork as well, stepping up in the pocket, getting the ball out quickly. There's a lot of stuff to cover," Herbert shared.

While Staley and his staff work to position the franchise cornerstone for success, Chargers brass will keep looking to make upgrades around him. After spending ample money towards improving the O-line during free agency, the club's next chance to add pieces will be six days from now at the 2021 NFL Draft.

The consensus opinion regarding L.A.'s selection at No. 13 points to the team drafting a left tackle to fill the hole Staley spoke strongly of earlier this month. While a reunion with college teammate Penei Sewell would be ideal in that regard, the belief is that the stud tackle won't be available when L.A. is on the clock.

Still, Herbert wasn't shy about revealing he's lobbying for the team to find a way to draft the former Oregon Duck.

"I'm doing my best. He's an incredible player. Whenever you get a tackle like that in the draft, he can change your program," he said. "Always a big fan and I'm an even bigger fan of the way he is off the field."

Whether the team drafts a tackle in the first round or not remains to be seen, especially considering GM Tom Telesco challenged that take on Friday. Regardless of how their draft board shakes out, the Chargers will certainly put some energy towards getting Herbert some more help as he looks to take another leap next season.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
            Draftnik
            • Oct 2020
            • Send PM

Flow’s coming back. This is actually super important news.

Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• like54ninjas
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2017
              • Great White North
              • Draftnik
              • Send PM

NFL draft 2021: Justin Herbert pushing for the Los Angeles Chargers to select former Oregon Duck teammate Penei Sewell

Updated 7:15 AM; Today 7:15 AM

By Geoffrey C. Arnold | The Oregonian/OregonLive
              The Los Angeles Chargers need a left tackle. They will likely have a choice of tackles to choose from when they are on the clock during the 2021 NFL draft that begins Thursday.

Chargers’ quarterback Justin Herbert said he’s lobbying hard for the Chargers to select a particular player who happens to be a close friend. Herbert wants the Chargers to select tackle Penei Sewell, Herbert’s former teammate on the Oregon Ducks.

“I’m doing my best. He’s an incredible player,” Herbert the NFL Network. “Whenever you get a tackle like that in the draft, he can change your program. Always a big fan and I’m an even bigger fan of the way he is off the field.”

The Chargers have a hole at left tackle after Sam Tevi, who started 14 games at the position in 2020, signed a free agent deal with the Indianapolis Colts. Sewell, a left tackle, is considered the best offensive lineman in the draft class and one of the best prospects in recent memory.

The Chargers will likely have to trade up to select Sewell, who isn’t expected to be on the board when the Chargers are on the clock at No. 13. Sewell said he has had pre-draft conversations with the Chargers, leading to speculation they might trade up to select Sewell if the Cincinnati Bengals don’t select him with the No. 5 pick.

Sewell and Herbert were teammates for two seasons with the Oregon Ducks, and Sewell saw Herbert’s talents up close. Herbert threw a combined 61 touchdown passes and led the Ducks to a 21-6 record during the 2018 and 2019 seasons, including a win over Wisconsin in the 2020 Rose Bowl.

Sewell was shocked by the criticism of Herbert in the months leading up to the 2020 draft. Critics said Herbert was too quiet and didn’t exhibit the type of leadership qualities expected of a NFL quarterback.

“To see the slander Justin Herbert was getting, I even hurt. I was even hurting. I took it personal, too, like, ‘Why y’all even think this and that?’ “ Sewell told usatoday.com. “Then I was like – just wait. Just wait ‘til he has his opportunity. Justin Herbert will do Justin Herbert things.”

My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
              K9
              Nasir
              Tillery
              Parham
              Reed

Comment

• Velo
                Ride!
                • Aug 2019
                • Everywhere
                • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post
                NFL draft 2021: Justin Herbert pushing for the Los Angeles Chargers to select former Oregon Duck teammate Penei Sewell

Updated 7:15 AM; Today 7:15 AM

By Geoffrey C. Arnold | The Oregonian/OregonLive
                The Los Angeles Chargers need a left tackle. They will likely have a choice of tackles to choose from when they are on the clock during the 2021 NFL draft that begins Thursday.

Chargers’ quarterback Justin Herbert said he’s lobbying hard for the Chargers to select a particular player who happens to be a close friend. Herbert wants the Chargers to select tackle Penei Sewell, Herbert’s former teammate on the Oregon Ducks.

“I’m doing my best. He’s an incredible player,” Herbert the NFL Network. “Whenever you get a tackle like that in the draft, he can change your program. Always a big fan and I’m an even bigger fan of the way he is off the field.”

The Chargers have a hole at left tackle after Sam Tevi, who started 14 games at the position in 2020, signed a free agent deal with the Indianapolis Colts. Sewell, a left tackle, is considered the best offensive lineman in the draft class and one of the best prospects in recent memory.

The Chargers will likely have to trade up to select Sewell, who isn’t expected to be on the board when the Chargers are on the clock at No. 13. Sewell said he has had pre-draft conversations with the Chargers, leading to speculation they might trade up to select Sewell if the Cincinnati Bengals don’t select him with the No. 5 pick.

Sewell and Herbert were teammates for two seasons with the Oregon Ducks, and Sewell saw Herbert’s talents up close. Herbert threw a combined 61 touchdown passes and led the Ducks to a 21-6 record during the 2018 and 2019 seasons, including a win over Wisconsin in the 2020 Rose Bowl.

Sewell was shocked by the criticism of Herbert in the months leading up to the 2020 draft. Critics said Herbert was too quiet and didn’t exhibit the type of leadership qualities expected of a NFL quarterback.

“To see the slander Justin Herbert was getting, I even hurt. I was even hurting. I took it personal, too, like, ‘Why y’all even think this and that?’ “ Sewell told usatoday.com. “Then I was like – just wait. Just wait ‘til he has his opportunity. Justin Herbert will do Justin Herbert things.”
                It's Herbert's own fault the Chargers aren't in position to draft Sewell. He engineered a bunch of game-winning drives in the final quarter of the season.

Comment

• gzubeck
                  Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Tucson, AZ
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

It's Herbert's own fault the Chargers aren't in position to draft Sewell. He engineered a bunch of game-winning drives in the final quarter of the season.
                  LOL!

:Cheers1:
                  Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharged View Post
                    I just have to say that is by far the most AMAZING season I have ever seen as a Charger. LT would be #2 but JH just was nothing short of sensational. With the draft creeping close I admit it I just watched the 2020 highlights. Still gives me goosebumps what's ahead of us. :youaretheman:

I'll post it again. 16 minutes of awesomeness. Good mojo for TT....

Love it...amazing accuracy in such tight windows...

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

He's a winner...that's a good problem to have...

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                        Draftnik
                        • Oct 2020
                        • Send PM

Duuuude.....

Any of you guys seen the Justin Herbert commercial?

I think it’s for a car dealership in Eugene or something.

It’s glorious.

Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
                          Outback Goon
                          • Sep 2018
                          • Australia
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post
                          We're gaining fans around the world because of JH! This guy down under is absolutely stunned by his rookie season. Fun Watch!

This dude sounds like a kiwi

still much love

Comment

Working...
                          X