• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt Dude
    Draftnik
    • Oct 2020
    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

I still marvel at how good he is this early. He not only has the obvious size, speed and that arm, but he is extremely smart, works hard, is humble, appears very coachable and most importantly - respected by everyone around him. Imagine his progression as he gets more comfortable with reading defenses and has more time in this offense.

Trevor Lawrence was groomed to be "the guy" his entire life and always had the best coaching and best supporting talent and at hugely successful programs in high school and college. Suddenly, he is on a team with less talent than the teams he is playing, a coaching staff that appears to have gotten off the to worst possible start and is losing for the first time. It will be interesting to see how he handles it. I think he will bounce back and eventually become a very good QB but I sure am happy we have Herbert!
    Well said. Hail Herbetron.

How many records will he break if he keeps going at this pace and plays into his 40s? All of them?

He’s already got a jumpstart on guys Brady, Manning, Brees, Rogers, and Mahomes, because none of those guys put up serious numbers until their 2-3rd years.
    Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• Coachmarkos
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • SoDak
      • Technology Director
      • Send PM

What is happening to Lawrence, and Wilson, and Fields (and even Tua, to a lesser extent)... makes what Justin is doing, and has done, even that much more impressive.
      "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• UglyTruth
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Oct 2018
        • Send PM

Excuse the language but yeah I really wonder this at times too. How the hell did he see them both play in training camp and think Taylor is the better QB to help the team win (and help Lynn keep his job).
        Tom Telesco’s Results in 9 years as Chargers GM:

- 69-74 record
        - 0 division titles in 9 yrs as GM
        - Worst record among all active GMs with same tenure
        - 6th worst winning percentage among all active GMs overall
        - 2 playoff wins despite elite QB all 9 yrs
        - Team still has the same weaknesses (Oline and run defense) that it had when hired as GM in 2013
        - Consistently puts together horrible depth, expects starters to never miss games

Comment

• UglyTruth
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Oct 2018
          • Send PM

Tom Telesco’s Results in 9 years as Chargers GM:

- 69-74 record
          - 0 division titles in 9 yrs as GM
          - Worst record among all active GMs with same tenure
          - 6th worst winning percentage among all active GMs overall
          - 2 playoff wins despite elite QB all 9 yrs
          - Team still has the same weaknesses (Oline and run defense) that it had when hired as GM in 2013
          - Consistently puts together horrible depth, expects starters to never miss games

Comment

• Maniaque 6
            French Speaking Charger Fan
            • Jan 2019
            • Québec city
            • Send PM

Originally posted by UglyTruth View Post
            Outch !

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Aug 2019
              • Send PM

Excuse the language but yeah I really wonder this at times too. How the hell did he see them both play in training camp and think Taylor is the better QB to help the team win (and help Lynn keep his job).
              That was the time when Lynn should have been fired.

Comment

• Velo
                Ride!
                • Aug 2019
                • Everywhere
                • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Coachmarkos View Post
                What is happening to Lawrence, and Wilson, and Fields (and even Tua, to a lesser extent)... makes what Justin is doing, and has done, even that much more impressive.
                :rasta:

With other rookie quarterbacks not living up to expectations, it is clear that Justin Herbert has ruined the landscape for his young peers.

How Justin Herbert ruined the landscape for rookie quarterbacks

"The five first-round rookie quarterbacks started last week and they combined for 2 touchdowns, 7 interceptions and 718 yards passing on 55% completion rate."

"Through three games in 2020, Justin Herbert had 931 yards passing, six total touchdowns, three interceptions, and a 73.3% completion rate. Any rookie quarterback would look bad next to Justin Herbert's monster rookie campaign."

"Herbert did all this with an incompetent head coach and an offensive line ranked 32nd (according to PFF) and still managed to have the best rookie season by a quarterback ever."

Comment

• Velo
                  Ride!
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Everywhere
                  • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post

You know, TT and the Spamnoses may look at the comment as the moment they began to realize Lynn was not who they wanted to lead the franchise into the future, which led to his firing after the season.

Comment

• CivilBolt
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Nov 2019
                    • Send PM

Lynn have favorites and I think Taylor was one of them. Maybe he wants to show management that Taylor can play the lead role so he is retained and gets paid. I think its the same with Cordale and Geno. You can see the pattern here. Just my 2 cents.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2017
                      • Send PM

Buyers remorse starting to set in in Miami.

In a thread on how complimenting Herbert should not be considered a disparagement of Tua:

"Dolphins fans with a foot in reality will feel like Tom Cruise in *Eyes wide shut* on this forum. Tua, has a cult following of weirdos that bully, make personal attacks and are down right considered psychotic by us regular folk. Tua, was never going to be a good QB in the NFL, ever."

Comment

• powderblueboy
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by CivilBolt View Post

Lynn have favorites and I think Taylor was one of them. Maybe he wants to show management that Taylor can play the lead role so he is retained and gets paid. I think its the same with Cordale and Geno. You can see the pattern here. Just my 2 cents.
                        I think that was the uniform consensus of the Charger organization: Herbert was raw and needed time to develop...especially with Covid restrictions disenabling that process. That was the plan.

Once again, it was just a matter of Lynn following the game plan and not being able to adjust.

No doubt, his affection for Tyrod influenced his myopia...Tyrod is a great guy by all indications.

Comment

• CivilBolt
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Nov 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post

Without Lynn we won’t have Slater so I’m glad we stuck with him til the end.

Comment

Working...
                          X