• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Panamamike
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Good article. However, this part is concerning. Hopefully it’s just Herbert and Lombardi working out the kinks together and plays will be better on 1st and 2nd downs.
    My take on that is there's nothing wrong with Herbert and Lombardi. Our receivers have had a fair amount of drops on first and second down.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
      Draftnik
      • Oct 2020
      • Send PM

Don’t mistake humbleness for lack of leadership.

Such a dope message, especially in today’s world where so many “leaders” are chest puffers and self promoters.

Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• UglyTruth
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Oct 2018
        • Send PM

One thing I would like Staley and Telesco to talk to Herbert about is not going for the tackle on turnovers.

During that play where the Browns thought they got a fumble on Allen, it was Herbert that ran down and used his shoulder to make the tackle on the defender with the ball saving the potential TD.

Even if that really was a fumble, a potential injury to Herbert making a tackle like that isn’t worth him getting injured. Give up the TD and move on to the next drive or next game or whatever.

It’s great that he has the heart and toughness to run after and stop the defender but again, it’s just not worth the injury risk in my opinion. He’s far too important to this team. Let someone else make the tackle or just give up the TD and live to play next drive.

Aaron Rodgers have similar advice to Joe Burrow telling him to slide when he runs instead of trying to pick up more yards. It’s just not worth it at that position.
        Tom Telesco’s Results in 9 years as Chargers GM:

- 69-74 record
        - 0 division titles in 9 yrs as GM
        - Worst record among all active GMs with same tenure
        - 6th worst winning percentage among all active GMs overall
        - 2 playoff wins despite elite QB all 9 yrs
        - Team still has the same weaknesses (Oline and run defense) that it had when hired as GM in 2013
        - Consistently puts together horrible depth, expects starters to never miss games

Comment

• Panamamike
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by UglyTruth View Post
          One thing I would like Staley and Telesco to talk to Herbert about is not going for the tackle on turnovers.

During that play where the Browns thought they got a fumble on Allen, it was Herbert that ran down and used his shoulder to make the tackle on the defender with the ball saving the potential TD.

Even if that really was a fumble, a potential injury to Herbert making a tackle like that isn’t worth him getting injured. Give up the TD and move on to the next drive or next game or whatever.

It’s great that he has the heart and toughness to run after and stop the defender but again, it’s just not worth the injury risk in my opinion. He’s far too important to this team. Let someone else make the tackle or just give up the TD and live to play next drive.

Aaron Rodgers have similar advice to Joe Burrow telling him to slide when he runs instead of trying to pick up more yards. It’s just not worth it at that position.
          I agree. On any turnover I would tell my quarterback to get the hell off the field. He's too damn valuable.

Comment

• Formula 21
            The Future is Now
            • Jun 2013
            • Republic of San Diego
            • Send PM

Less hits on the qb is always positive thing. Cant Help the club from the tub.
            Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
            The Wasted Decade is done.
            Build Back Better.

Comment

• gzubeck
              Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
              • Jan 2019
              • Tucson, AZ
              • Send PM

You can take the Tiger out of the Jungle but can you take the Jungle out of the Tiger? I get the feeling that JH would like nothing better than to stick it to an opposing ball carrier and say "take some of that bitch!" It's just part of his DNA.

:2cents:
              Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Bearded14YourPleasure
                Fluent in Sarcasm
                • Jun 2013
                • Iowa
                • Man of the People
                • Send PM

I’d rather he’s at least running to the ball as opposed to the QBs that just stand there and multiple defenders come over to take the opportunity to ‘block’ them. A moving target is harder to hit.

Comment

• gzubeck
                  Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Tucson, AZ
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Bearded14YourPleasure View Post
                  I’d rather he’s at least running to the ball as opposed to the QBs that just stand there and multiple defenders come over to take the opportunity to ‘block’ them. A moving target is harder to hit.
                  Better to be the hitter than the Hittee?!?!? Better to not get blindsided with a concussion.

:beer:
                  Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• CivilBolt
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Nov 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bearded14YourPleasure View Post
                    It’s the blindside hits that scares me. I remember HH was trying to tackle a defender on a turnover and he got blindsided. I think he was out for a couple of weeks.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                      Draftnik
                      • Oct 2020
                      • Send PM

This is astonishing.

Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• SuperCharged
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Sep 2019
                        • Utah
                        • Midnight Toker
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by AK47 View Post

Herbert = Thor
                        Brady= Ironman
                        Mahommes= Hulk
                        Rogers= Captain America
                        Josh Allen= Vision
                        Lamar= Black Panther
                        Murray= Spiderman
                        Wilson= Dr Strange
                        Dak= Falcon

Carr= Natasha Romanoff
                        :uplol::uplol::uplol:

I wasn't thinking Marvel. That's good. However I am talking the literal Norse God with gawddam lightning bolt in his right hand!
                        This kid has amazed me every freaking week since week 2 last year.

Honestly can you name a bad game? I can think of only 1.

Week 13 2020 New England. 45-0.

But that is it. And people are starting to take notice. I would love to see some emails from Miami execs now.

I would like to humbly like to thank the Miam Dolphins Owner, GM, HC, Scouts ects. THANK YOU.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                          Administrator
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Time to vote... Fed-Ex Air Player of the Week

The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.

Comment

Working...
                          X