• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
    Here is the story about Herbert not wanting to take a vacation (while everybody else in the NFL is) because he likes football so much he doesn't want to take time away from it. Like I said, if anything, he's too devoted and that can lead to burn out. But he points out that vacation means you want to get away, and why would he want to get away from something he loves? And when you make a living at something you love, going to work every day seems like a vacation. We should all be so lucky. I do think, though, that in the future he is going to have to force himself to take a few weeks off every year. One of my mother's wisdoms when I was growing up was that too much of anything is bad for you, even if it is a really good thing.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/n...king-time-off/

Good points on this. You know darn well when he ever gets married SHE will be wanting to go on vacations.
    Not sure I'm wishing marriage on him or not lol.

I have a good friend that knows Kris Bryant the baseball player and he swears it's because he got married as to why he hasn't had as good a season since the year they(Cubs) won the World Series.

He is now a Rockie, and injured.
    11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia
    35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
    37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
    66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
    69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
    100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
    110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
    140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
    181 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Mississippi
    225 Josh Procter S-Ohio st ➡️ 253 Dwight McGlothern CB -Ar​

Comment

• equivocation
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Apr 2021
      • Send PM

Being in LA Herbert can get a lot of this extracurricular stuff done in an afternoon visit, no need to travel. Just keep that in mind.

Comment

• equivocation
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Apr 2021
        • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I think the assertion that the QB doesn’t read the coverage after faking the handoff is absurd. I will accept your hypothesis he has to read it faster, which means more skill and processing capacity, not less. Bottom line is he’s in the pocket, and the guy said he was measuring pocket passing. Just my take.

I’d like to know how many of Mahomey’s “pocket passes” he actually stayed in the pocket for. Either the sample size goes way down and becomes less relevant to the overall KC game, or he’s counting a lot of passes that homey threw outside the pocket, because homey doesn’t consistently stay in the pocket.
        It's usually a half field, simplified read. The main part of the PA fake is the fake. That's the element they're removing. It's not a perfect exclusion (you can do a PA without turning back, etc) but it's something they can filter by within the model, and losing a bit of data is worth it for the data they exclude that doesn't apply to what they're measuring.

Comment

• equivocation
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Apr 2021
          • Send PM

Kansas City Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes headlines the "Shooting Stars" tier in Seth Galina's 2022 NFL quarterback tiers, while Tampa Bay Buccaneers quarterback Tom Brady leads the "Golden Oldies" group.

As explained here, certain QBs can obly execute out of PA. Elite one can execute across play types.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
            Day Tripper
            • May 2019
            • North of the Lagoon
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Agree...and i dont know why anybody would be concerned what he is doing in his offseason. Like the poster criticizing Tranq for doing an hour podcast.....interviewing our players lol. These guys have lives too just like us.
            That was me. It was more a question but arguably implied criticism. I apologize, it wasnt fair.
            “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

That was me. It was more a question but arguably implied criticism. I apologize, it wasnt fair.
              I actually didn't take it as a shot at him but I think it's great that he takes his free time to interview our players. I don't go looking for them but I wonder if he has more? I want him to interview Tillery so we can get a look into his life, and football preperations and what he is working on.
              11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia
              35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
              37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
              66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
              69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
              100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
              110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
              140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
              181 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Mississippi
              225 Josh Procter S-Ohio st ➡️ 253 Dwight McGlothern CB -Ar​

Comment

• 21&500
                Bolt Spit-Baller
                • Sep 2018
                • A Whale's Vajayjay
                • CMB refugee
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I actually didn't take it as a shot at him but I think it's great that he takes his free time to interview our players. I don't go looking for them but I wonder if he has more? I want him to interview Tillery so we can get a look into his life, and football preperations and what he is working on.
                My guess is more interior decor for his luxury apartment than interior play.
                Gimmie Bower Power!!

Comment

• equivocation
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Apr 2021
                  • Send PM

Comment

• Velo
                    Ride!
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Everywhere
                    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                    • Send PM

I don't know if this has already been mentioned. Herbert has thrown 10 TD passes that have traveled 55 or more air yards. He leads the league in that category over the two seasons he's played in the NFL.

Comment

• equivocation
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Apr 2021
                      • Send PM

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                        Day Tripper
                        • May 2019
                        • North of the Lagoon
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by equivocation View Post
                        Someone stands out as a mountain among men in that tharr Bayesian probability distribution graph. High and Tight, thats what we like to see.
                        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• equivocation
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Apr 2021
                          • Send PM

This is why we exclude PA when looking at pure dropback passes. It's a different skill set. Some QBs can only operate well out of PA.

Comment

Working...
                          X