• Show
Clear All
  • ghost
    The Rise of Kellen Moore
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by PhilaBoltster View Post
    I’ve seen enough of Herbert this year.

Seeing what happened to Burrow, I’d shut him down now and save him for next year. Realistically what is the upside of him playing more this year, more development? He’s already playing at as high of a level as imaginable. I know you “can’t do it” because everyone will cry tank, but it’s actually the smarter move. Why risk a potentially bad injury behind this OL when the rest of this season is meaningless?
    Same thought crossed my mind. But, Trai Turner and Bryan Bulaga are starting to work their way back into the line-up, solidifying the right side.

I'm still as deathly concerned about LT Sam Tevi in pass protection on an island as anyone here, but Tevi can be helped along in pass protection schemes by a TE.

I guessing I'm saying that these snaps are critical for Herbert's growth and development in seeing and reading defenses. We all understand the risks of live-fire, but I believe the Chargers protect him, unlike the Bengals, who were on pace to get their rookie QB sacked 72 times before the inevitable happened.

Comment

• CivilBolt
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Nov 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

Same thought crossed my mind. But, Trai Turner and Bryan Bulaga are starting to work their way back into the line-up, solidifying the right side.

I'm still as deathly concerned about LT Sam Tevi in pass protection on an island as anyone here, but Tevi can be helped along in pass protection schemes by a TE.

I guessing I'm saying that these snaps are critical for Herbert's growth and development in seeing and reading defenses. We all understand the risks of live-fire, but I believe the Chargers protect him, unlike the Bengals, who were on pace to get their rookie QB sacked 72 times before the inevitable happened.
      Same here. We need to get a real LT that run block and pass protect on an island. Providing TE help on obvious passing situation reduces JH available target. Hopefully we can find a diamond in the rough with Campen’s help.

Comment

• ghost
        The Rise of Kellen Moore
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by CivilBolt View Post

Same here. We need to get a real LT that run block and pass protect on an island. Providing TE help on obvious passing situation reduces JH available target. Hopefully we can find a diamond in the rough with Campen’s help.
        Philip Rivers got C Nick Hardwick to grow old with, then, Marcus McNeill at OT. Then, the offensive line started to go south in 2010 UNDER AJ Smith, and LT was gone and the offensive line was weighed and found to be wanting. Pro Bowl QB and no offensive line

Fast forward a decade: Different city, different players, different coaches, different uniforms, same ownership group, exact same results.

Comment

• ghost
          The Rise of Kellen Moore
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Get this young man an offensive line and defense. Stat.

Comment

• ghost
            The Rise of Kellen Moore
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Comment

• ghost
              The Rise of Kellen Moore
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Charlie Conerly. In 1954, his offensive coordinator for the Giants was Vince Lombardi, and Tom Landry was coordinating the defense.

Comment

• Velo
                Ride!
                • Aug 2019
                • Everywhere
                • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                • Send PM

Mike Greenberg opines that the 'Fins blew it by drafting Tua instead of Herbert; the 'Fins would be legit Super Bowl contenders with Herbert.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

I like Greeny but he says some dumb things sometimes. He is better off with Golic to teach him the game. I heard Golic often explain how things are in the locker room and such and that he was wrong for his opinion.

Not that Herbert isn't better, im talking about pulling Tua.

I read that on the sixth sack he obsorbed, he tweaked ankle and that sack did not look good and looked like it couldd of been worse.
                  Fitz didn't get sacked once when he replaced him. Quicker decisions and got rid of the ball.

But yes, the Rookie has to learn but if Flores wants to make the playoffs, perhaps Fitz is his best guy this year. Their offense was scoring more with Fitz.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                    Administrator
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Comment

• Charge!
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Send PM

Sims on Herbert:

Comment

• SuperCharged
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Sep 2019
                        • Utah
                        • Midnight Toker
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                        Mike Greenberg opines that the 'Fins blew it by drafting Tua instead of Herbert; the 'Fins would be legit Super Bowl contenders with Herbert.

I didn't want a QB in the draft. However I knew it was going to be the SAME thing as 1998. I was freaking out. No one really talked about it here. With Tua's injury history and size I was so hoping Miami would take him. This is (excuse my language) fucking redemption for 1998. Or Karma or whatever... We got best player this time around. Now build a dynasty Spanos!

I swear I watch Highlight Herbert? Ehhhh? ehhhhh? :lol::lol:He needs a nickname badly.

And all I can say, even as corny as it sounds... He's dazzling. I couldn't be more happy about our situation now We need to petition Spanos to open up the vault and get a top 10 oline. It will produce championships.

Comment

• gzubeck
                          Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Tucson, AZ
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Paradoxrip View Post

I didn't want a QB in the draft. However I knew it was going to be the SAME thing as 1998. I was freaking out. No one really talked about it here. With Tua's injury history and size I was so hoping Miami would take him. This is (excuse my language) fucking redemption for 1998. Or Karma or whatever... We got best player this time around. Now build a dynasty Spanos!

I swear I watch Highlight Herbert? Ehhhh? ehhhhh? :lol::lol:He needs a nickname badly.

And all I can say, even as corny as it sounds... He's dazzling. I couldn't be more happy about our situation now We need to petition Spanos to open up the vault and get a top 10 oline. It will produce championships.
                          Hollywood Herbert!
                          Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡