• Show
Clear All
  • SuperCharged
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Sep 2019
    • Utah
    • Midnight Toker
    • Send PM

Watching JH 2020 highlights on youtube. Someone commented. "If your rookie highlights are 16 minutes long you probably got a franchise QB".

:rofl::chuckle::chuckle:

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharged View Post
      Watching JH 2020 highlights on youtube. Someone commented. "If your rookie highlights are 16 minutes long you probably got a franchise QB".

:rofl::chuckle::chuckle:
      So true and the opposite as well. If your highlights are only 2-3 minutes long, it probably wasn't much of a season or career for you.
      11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia
      35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
      37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
      66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan​
      69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
      100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
      110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
      140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
      181 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Mississippi
      225 Josh Procter S-Ohio st /253 Dwight McGlothern CB -Ar​

Comment

• BoltUp InLA
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Sep 2020
        • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

I'm going to break it down for you guys debating...

1) 50% Herbert....meaning he took advantage of all external advice from QB professional + his own innate Talents...
        2) 15% Internal coaching talent Like Pep + Stitch (Lynn is breakeven as he took away as much as he gave)
        3) 35% Better receiving core than he had in college (KA, HH, MW, Guyton etc.) gave him the confidence to sling it to them downfield with a good chance of catching it versus letting the ball bounce off their face masks....

:2cents:
        I like your breakdown format, but I still feel it is impossible to know the overall impact. Reich certainly had an impact on Wentz, but it is uncertain to know the totality of it when other factors are also at play such as offensive line play; play calling / planning, receivers, and chemistry with teammates.

All of these things no doubt had an impact on Wentz’s performance. Culture is another aspect as well with coaching and player acquisition playing a big role in creating that culture and comradere with teammates. These are mostly interwoven together where it’s also hard to know where one aspect begins and where the other ends.

This is not an all or nothing situation by no means. The balance of all of these things, along with Herbert’s / Wentz’s personality and learning style also play important roles with the player’s overall comfort level, which almost certainly is another contributing factor that is partially due to coaching style / teaching method used.

Comment

• CivilBolt
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Nov 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

So true and the opposite as well. If your highlights are only 2-3 minutes long, it probably wasn't much of a season or career for you.
          I checked Tua’s highlight videos and they were only 3 minutes long. I know he started late. It was just a funny coincidence :tired:

Comment

• Xenos
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

Herbert wants to aspire to be like Brady:
            Justin Herbert is coming off a historic first season that culminated in Offensive Rookie of the Year honors. The Chargers QB recently had a veteran in mind when asked if there's a player he hopes to emulate.

​​​​​​​
            "I think anyone should aspire to be like Tom Brady, to have as much success as he's had for as long as he's been able to do it," Herbert said. "I don't think there's anyone that's ever done anything like that before. To win, that's the ultimate goal of the quarterback position is to put your team in a position to win. He's been able to do that. He's a competitor, and he finds a way to win, and I think that's the best part about it."

Comment

• jubei
              Vagabond Ninja
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

Haha I completely forgot the abysmal wr corps he was working with at Oregon
              I have a feeling we’re in for a real treat this season
              Herbert’s sophomore season will rival Patrick Mahomes’
              he had to be held back weight training with his OLmen in college
              who knows, maybe Herbert packs on 5lbs of muscle and really lays into LBers
              Oh LORD I hope he doesnt become a Tebow and workout too much to show off his physique. Look at all the great QBs around the league...they are not built like a bellcow RB/FB. And I DEFINITELY dont want him tryin to lay into anymore LBers unless absolutely necessary to get that extra yard for a critical 1st down.

Comment

• 21&500
                Bolt Spit-Baller
                • Sep 2018
                • A Whale's Vajayjay
                • CMB refugee
                • Send PM

Originally posted by jubei View Post

Oh LORD I hope he doesnt become a Tebow and workout too much to show off his physique. Look at all the great QBs around the league...they are not built like a bellcow RB/FB. And I DEFINITELY dont want him tryin to lay into anymore LBers unless absolutely necessary to get that extra yard for a critical 1st down.
                You’re right, just macho rah rah talk
                JH pumps me up
                Gimmie Bower Power!!

Comment

• 21&500
                  Bolt Spit-Baller
                  • Sep 2018
                  • A Whale's Vajayjay
                  • CMB refugee
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
                  Herbert wants to aspire to be like Brady:
                  Justin Herbert is coming off a historic first season that culminated in Offensive Rookie of the Year honors. The Chargers QB recently had a veteran in mind when asked if there's a player he hopes to emulate.

​​​​​​​
                  I love how obvious this is JH.
                  Step 1. Find a sugar mama that allows you to take half your worth thereby retaining the best OL
                  Step 2. Snake oil
                  Gimmie Bower Power!!

Comment

• Velo
                    Ride!
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Everywhere
                    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                    • Send PM

Justin Herbert set every rookie record for a QB except for the total passing yardage. But that stat is irrelevant IMO because JH's 289.1 yards per game is a rookie record compared to Andrew Luck's rookie season of 273.4 yards per game.

Comment

• CivilBolt
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Nov 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                      Justin Herbert set every rookie record for a QB except for the total passing yardage. But that stat is irrelevant IMO because JH's 289.1 yards per game is a rookie record compared to Andrew Luck's rookie season of 273.4 yards per game.
                      He had a chance. We can all thank Lynn for him not breaking the passing record. We all remember the run, run, run play call towards the end of our last game.

Comment

• gzubeck
                        Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Tucson, AZ
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by jubei View Post

Aw come-on ... just a couple times a year for the highlight reel! LOL!

Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Velo
                          Ride!
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Everywhere
                          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by CivilBolt View Post

He had a chance. We can all thank Lynn for him not breaking the passing record. We all remember the run, run, run play call towards the end of our last game.
                          Lynn's malfeasance started with his decision to sit Herbert the entire first season and failing to see Herbert was ready to start his first season, and should have started v the Bengals. Then, yes, his conservative play-calling in the final game, when Herbert could have set that record with just one strike downfield to Guyton or Johnson or Mike Willliams.

Comment

Working...
                          X