Clear All
  • SuperCharged
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Sep 2019
    • Utah
    • Midnight Toker
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

Lynn's malfeasance started with his decision to sit Herbert the entire first season and failing to see Herbert was ready to start his first season, and should have started v the Bengals. Then, yes, his conservative play-calling in the final game, when Herbert could have set that record with just one strike downfield to Guyton or Johnson or Mike Willliams.
    Exactly....

Every front office in the NFL is now looking at Lynn who will never get a HC job again I would take some bets on that. Shatters NFL rookie records and your coach can't spot that in practices? LMAO!

Before the season, when the camp video of JH hitting nothing but net 40yds down the field. When I saw those throws and zip on his throws. I knew he was gonna be good but that season was (excuse my language) fucking awesome to see in a Charger uniform.

Comment

• Velo
      Ride!
      • Aug 2019
      • Everywhere
      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
      • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharged View Post

Exactly....

Every front office in the NFL is now looking at Lynn who will never get a HC job again I would take some bets on that. Shatters NFL rookie records and your coach can't spot that in practices? LMAO!

Before the season, when the camp video of JH hitting nothing but net 40yds down the field. When I saw those throws and zip on his throws. I knew he was gonna be good but that season was (excuse my language) fucking awesome to see in a Charger uniform.
      When you are so inflexibly tied to preconceived notions you fail to see what is obvious in front of you. Lynn seems to have a intellectually rigid mind; if something doesn't fit inside his box he can't see it.

Comment

• Xenos
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

Exactly....

Jesus Christ people with this inane grumbling about Lynn.

Every report l followed during practice had Herbert being inconsistent. Some people do better in live games. And given the weird offseason that we had in 2020, I’m not surprised that Lynn erred on the side of caution. At the end of the day, our record would still be 7-9 even if Herbert had started the season. The only difference is a meaningless rookie record.

Comment

• SuperCharged
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Sep 2019
          • Utah
          • Midnight Toker
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
          Jesus Christ people with this inane grumbling about Lynn.

Every report l followed during practice had Herbert being inconsistent. Some people do better in live games. And given the weird offseason that we had in 2020, I’m not surprised that Lynn erred on the side of caution. At the end of the day, our record would still be 7-9 even if Herbert had started the season. The only difference is a meaningless rookie record.
          How is it "meaningless"? If it was "meaningless" then why have those awards at all? Meaningless. :help:

Lynn sucked it's as simple as that. Don't be a sympathizer it such a cringe thing to be. Most people think he's one of the worst coaches in Charger history. Losing that many 1 score games is a red flag the size of N. Korea's flag at the DMZ. Huge.
          Attached Files

Comment

• Xenos
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

How is it "meaningless"? If it was "meaningless" then why have those awards at all? Meaningless. :help:

Lynn sucked it's as simple as that. Don't be a sympathizer it such a cringe thing to be. Most people think he's one of the worst coaches in Charger history. Losing that many 1 score games is a red flag the size of N. Korea's flag at the DMZ. Huge.
            Most people have a short attention span or don’t know any better if they think he’s one of the worst coaches in Charger history.
            Edit: some awards are more important than others. Getting ROTY is nice. Getting the rookie passing yard is whatever.

Comment

• BoltUp InLA
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Sep 2020
              • Send PM

Why is Lynn mentioned so much here for direct blame and credit.. I believe it was Steichen and Pep that had more direct impact with Herbert. The Chargers got through the season with Herbert in one piece also, which wasn’t a given provided the OL unit he was working with. That OL was one of the poorest I had ever seen in the NFL.

Steichen was able to still have a competent offense being hand-cuffed. Again collectively, the Chargers coaching staff could have done more to impede Herbert’s development, which is not so uncommon in the NFL.

Comment

• Xenos
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by BoltUp InLA View Post
                Why is Lynn mentioned so much here for direct blame and credit.. I believe it was Steichen and Pep that had more direct impact with Herbert. The Chargers got through the season with Herbert in one piece also, which wasn’t a given provided the OL unit he was working with. That OL was one of the poorest I had ever seen in the NFL.

Steichen was able to still have a competent offense being hand-cuffed. Again collectively, the Chargers coaching staff could have done more to impede Herbert’s development, which is not so uncommon in the NFL.
                Lynn’s just an easy punching bag.

Comment

• gzubeck
                  Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Tucson, AZ
                  • Send PM

Lynn’s just an easy punching bag.
                  Very Easy! LOL! 32nd ranked offensive line, worst special teams in chargers history, 23rd ranked defense where we should have been top 15....we went 7-9 because of Herbert rather than 2-14 under Tyrod. If anything Herbert made Lynn look 50% better than he actually is...

:drool:
                  Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Xenos
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Very Easy! LOL! 32nd ranked offensive line, worst special teams in chargers history, 23rd ranked defense where we should have been top 15....we went 7-9 because of Herbert rather than 2-14 under Tyrod. If anything Herbert made Lynn look 50% better than he actually is...

:drool:
                    Probably would have been better if we had gone 2-14 under Tyrod Taylor.

But all kidding aside, he’s an easy punching bag for the same people who foolishly think he’s one of the worst Chargers HC.

Comment

• gzubeck
                      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Tucson, AZ
                      • Send PM

Probably would have been better if we had gone 2-14 under Tyrod Taylor.

But all kidding aside, he’s an easy punching bag for the same people who foolishly think he’s one of the worst Chargers HC.
                      I don't think he's the worst but I do think he was one of the slowest coaches to solve problems I've ever seen. I think he buried stuff rather than confronting and solving the problems and eventually it caught up to him.
                      Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• BearWithJetpack
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Mar 2019
                        • Send PM

It's easy to take shots at the NFL record holder for consecutively massive blown leads and who has the worst loss in franchise history on his game log.

I'd say those two "accolades" alone cement you around the bottom of the totem pole.

Comment

• Xenos
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by BearWithJetpack View Post
                          It's easy to take shots at the NFL record holder for consecutively massive blown leads and who has the worst loss in franchise history on his game log.

I'd say those two "accolades" alone cement you around the bottom of the totem pole.
                          I don’t know about the bolded part. McCoy lost to the 0-15 Browns. Marty’s game against the Pats that got him fired stands out also.

Comment

Working...
                          X