• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wu-dai clan
    Smooth Operation
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Recency bias or selective memory. Possibly emotional suppression if you can’t remember the 4th quarter leads we blew under the other HCs. Lynn’s losses were just par for the course.

As for you opinion, you’re entitled to it. Just like people who believe the world is flat are entitled to theirs.
    Mars looks pretty flat.
    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• like54ninjas
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Oct 2017
      • Great White North
      • Draftnik
      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Mars looks pretty flat.
      Valles Marineris = Martian Grand Canyon about 4 miles deep.

Olympus Mons is about 70,000 feet high/13 miles.
      My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
      K9
      Nasir
      Tillery
      Parham
      Reed

Comment

• wu-dai clan
        Smooth Operation
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Valles Marineris = Martian Grand Canyon about 4 miles deep.

Olympus Mons is about 70,000 feet high/13 miles.
        You have a more powerful lens.
        We do not play modern football.

Comment

• foreigner
          Tom Telesco is gone
          • Sep 2013
          • Send PM

Recency bias or selective memory. Possibly emotional suppression if you can’t remember the 4th quarter leads we blew under the other HCs. Lynn’s losses were just par for the course.

As for you opinion, you’re entitled to it. Just like people who believe the world is flat are entitled to theirs.
          Which brings me back to Ownership……..

Comment

• like54ninjas
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Oct 2017
            • Great White North
            • Draftnik
            • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

You have a more powerful lens.
            When I was in school we got to go to the Mt. Palomar Observatory and got to see Mars. I’ve never forgotten and been a space/sci-fi junkie since.
            My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
            K9
            Nasir
            Tillery
            Parham
            Reed

Comment

• Xenos
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by foreigner View Post

Which brings me back to Ownership……..
              The Spanos tend to go with more conservative aka risk adverse head coaches. The whole playing not to lose didn’t start with Lynn. I think it even predates Marty. In terms of finances, I applaud them for using the salary cap well. However, it’s expenses outside the salary cap that needs to be upgraded. That’s why the Staley hire is so shocking to say the least. It feels like a move a more forward thinking owner like Tepper would make. I’m hoping this idea leads to more innovation in other areas besides just on the field performances, including an even bigger financial commitment to keeping players healthy aka a full blown sports science department. Invest the money to keep the players healthy and it will pay back even more dividends IMO.

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Aug 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by AK47 View Post

I think TT hired Lynn to supplement a deficiency we had in terms of toughness and mindset to run the ball. We hoped it would've translated to our run game and and o-line specifically imho. This is all within the Rivers' era.

Lynn switched Slauson from a center to a guard when he came in. He messed with what was working prior to him coming into office. Slauson didn't have the athleticism to do well at guard. This is another one of Lynn's poor judgment in his tenure as a Charger HC. Gordon went to the pro bowl in 2016 with Slauson as the center. 2017 was slow when he put Pulley as the center. Then when the team had Pouncey as the center in 2018, Gordon went to the pro bowl again.

TT's two previous hires, Lynn and Mccoy, didn't know what they were doing. Staley looks like someone who does. It helps that Dean was more involved with the hiring process this time around. Dean has had to deal with things relating to the transition to LA and matters regarding the stadium. Now it seems like he can focus more on putting a winning product on the field.

Comment

• FoutsFan
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Birmingham AL
                  • Send PM

When I was in school we got to go to the Mt. Palomar Observatory and got to see Mars. I’ve never forgotten and been a space/sci-fi junkie since.
                  I am not buying that. When you were in school Mt. Palomar had not been discovered yet, let alone an observatory built there.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Love that stuff as well and the images ive seen of Mars is facinating to me. I mean, shit....we sent a rover in a rocket 34 million miles away to a spot on fucking Mars going 14 K miles an hour and landed it the way they did this last time with rockets gently landing down and its sending images to us. One has been up there 16 years sending images to us.

Think about that......we should have been driving....correction,..... been a passenger sitting in electric cars taking us all over the nation just telling it where to go for years now
                    Last edited by Boltjolt; 02-22-2021, 04:13 PM.
                    11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia (plus AZ 2025 1st)
                    35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
                    37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
                    66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
                    69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
                    100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
                    110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
                    140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
                    181 Jarrian Jones CB - Florida st
                    225 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Ol' Miss ➡️ 253 Fabien Lovett DT-FL st

Comment

• Boltdiehard
                      The Precious
                      • May 2019
                      • Send PM

I like to :rasta: and watch anything space related until I fall asleep. Love the The Expanse sci-fi series on prime.

Comment

• Xenos
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post

Lynn switched Slauson from a center to a guard when he came in. He messed with what was working prior to him coming into office. Slauson didn't have the athleticism to do well at guard. This is another one of Lynn's poor judgment in his tenure as a Charger HC. Gordon went to the pro bowl in 2016 with Slauson as the center. 2017 was slow when he put Pulley as the center. Then when the team had Pouncey as the center in 2018, Gordon went to the pro bowl again.

TT's two previous hires, Lynn and Mccoy, didn't know what they were doing. Staley looks like someone who does. It helps that Dean was more involved with the hiring process this time around. Dean has had to deal with things relating to the transition to LA and matters regarding the stadium. Now it seems like he can focus more on putting a winning product on the field.
                        Slauson primarily played guard for most of his NFL tenure except for half a year with the Bears and a full season with us. Maybe he should have stayed at center. But given what happened to him the following year, he was probably done at that point as a player in 2017.

Comment

• SuperCharged
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Sep 2019
                          • Utah
                          • Midnight Toker
                          • Send PM

Comparing my opinion to a flat earthers . That's fuckin comical. Just say you think im an idiot. I'm a big boy and can take it. Now and yours? Can I make a comparison too? :coffee:

The Los Angeles Chargers are showing they can’t hold on to any lead at an unprecedented level. Anthony Lynn’s team is the first in NFL history to squander four straight leads of 16 points or more.

What more do you want? Feels like your opinion is a little more than just football. smh.

Comment

Working...
                          X