• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Xenos
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharged View Post

Like Lynn at the end of a game with the ball on the 2 yard line no time outs.... Type of attention span?

It doesn't matter to YOU. It does to me. 39 yards short of a record he could have gotten in one throw. Nah who cares run it. :wtf:
    Yup.

Comment

• Xenos
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharged View Post

Yep I'm foolish... Because not one of... He is the worst coach in Chargers history.
      Thanks for proving my point lol.

Comment

• chargeroo
        Fan since 1961
        • Jan 2019
        • Oregon
        • Retired Manager/Pastor
        • Send PM

I plucked this out of NFL.com -

With the trade of Wentz, NOT A SINGLE QUARTERBACK drafted in the first round from 2009 to 2016 is still with his original team. That's zero for 22, a batting average that would get someone fired if everyone weren't in the same boat. Of course, some of those looked great in the short term -- Wentz and his draftmate Jared Goff among them -- but this NFL Research statistic shows how very hard and how very much luck is involved in landing a long-term quarterbackWith the trade of Wentz, NOT A SINGLE QUARTERBACK drafted in the first round from 2009 to 2016 is still with his original team. That's zero for 22, a batting average that would get someone fired if everyone weren't in the same boat. Of course, some of those looked great in the short term -- Wentz and his draftmate Jared Goff among them -- but this NFL Research statistic shows how very hard and how very much luck is involved in landing a long-term quarterback.

Makes me think we've had some good luck picking QB's
        THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Boltdiehard
          The Precious
          • May 2019
          • Send PM

I just watched the 2018 game against the Steelers where Lynn had this team dialed in and on the upswing. Justin Jackson, Keenan and Desmond King all went off and Rivers was pretty locked in. We did get one punt blocked and almost another but other than that we looked great. And a healthy Derwin.

Comment

• gzubeck
            Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
            • Jan 2019
            • Tucson, AZ
            • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

With the trade of Wentz, NOT A SINGLE QUARTERBACK drafted in the first round from 2009 to 2016 is still with his original team. That's zero for 22, a batting average that would get someone fired if everyone weren't in the same boat. Of course, some of those looked great in the short term -- Wentz and his draftmate Jared Goff among them -- but this NFL Research statistic shows how very hard and how very much luck is involved in landing a long-term quarterbackWith the trade of Wentz, NOT A SINGLE QUARTERBACK drafted in the first round from 2009 to 2016 is still with his original team. That's zero for 22, a batting average that would get someone fired if everyone weren't in the same boat. Of course, some of those looked great in the short term -- Wentz and his draftmate Jared Goff among them -- but this NFL Research statistic shows how very hard and how very much luck is involved in landing a long-term quarterback.

If Tua can make some strides in improvement last years QB class looks like a homerun and we haven't even seen some of the lower picked QB's outside of Hurts....there's still 2-3 other possibilities over the next few years.

opcorn:
            Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Parcells
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

If Tua can make some strides in improvement last years QB class looks like a homerun and we haven't even seen some of the lower picked QB's outside of Hurts....there's still 2-3 other possibilities over the next few years.

opcorn:
              You’re being kind. Tua showed a whole lot more of deficiencies than he did reasons to be hopeful. There’s still speculation that Miami might take a QB in this draft, and while I don’t think they will, the fact that he might get Rosened is a sign that it’s not going well. And with Herbert looking like a stud franchise QB, it’s going to hurt Tua because as he struggles it’s gonna be constantly brought up that he was the guy who went one pick before Herbert.

Comment

• AK47
                Registered Charger Fan
                • May 2019
                • Send PM

Yes we've had good luck picking QBs. I see no reason why Herbert does not continue that trend. Now we need a championship caliber defense. Eli, Brees, and even Rivers during LT's magical season all had SB caliber defenses. All went to the SB (Rivers should've as well).

Comment

• CivilBolt
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Nov 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by AK47 View Post

Yes we've had good luck picking QBs. I see no reason why Herbert does not continue that trend. Now we need a championship caliber defense. Eli, Brees, and even Rivers during LT's magical season all had SB caliber defenses. All went to the SB (Rivers should've as well).
                  Yup, PR should’ve as we had 11 probowlers in 2006. Hopefully this coaching staff gets this team ready in critical situation to not pull a “McCree”

Comment

• richpjr
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Nashville
                    • Send PM

Not one highly drafted QB as the long term answer for the past 8 years - that is absolutely mind-boggling.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Not one highly drafted QB as the long term answer for the past 8 years - that is absolutely mind-boggling.
                      Not gonna be but a couple in this years draft either. Ive seen Lance mocked ahead of Fields. Mind boggling what they see in Lance. He is my predicted Bust. And though Wilson was very good, he played at BYU. He may take some time to develope.

Glad we dont need a QB.
                      11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia
                      35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
                      37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
                      66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
                      69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
                      105 Brenden Rice WR - USC
                      110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
                      140 Hunter Nourzad OC - Penn st
                      181 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Mississippi
                      225 Josh Procter S-Ohio st /253 Dwight McGlothern CB -Ar​

Comment

• Bolt-O
                        Administrator
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Longevity with a team is going to be rare with QBs going forward, in my opinion, especially with those run-pass option guys. Of that group of QBs, Luck might have been one that probably could have been with his team for 10 yrs and more, but he ran the numbers and decided it was too hard to do the constant recovery cycle. I'm hoping that Herbert is the very long term QB answer, and the team peaks quickly with him, and just by what we've seen, he might be gone as well in less than 10 yrs if his salary doesn't match to the expectations .

Comment

• Parcells
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

From that time frame you do have a second (Carr), third (Wilson), and fourth rounder (Dak) who are still with the teams that drafted him. But all three have been rumored to be on the move.

Comment

Working...
                          X