• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt Dude
    Draftnik
    • Oct 2020
    • Send PM

If Staley’s ever going to call a designed run for Herbert, I’d like to see it in the red zone. It definitely worked for Herbert in the Rose Bowl.

I’m aware this isn’t college, but it might be a solution for some of his red zone issues.
    Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• FoutsFan
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Birmingham AL
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post
      If Staley’s ever going to call a designed run for Herbert, I’d like to see it in the red zone. It definitely worked for Herbert in the Rose Bowl.

I’m aware this isn’t college, but it might be a solution for some of his red zone issues.
      It will definitely give the defense something else to think about and have to defend.

Comment

• chargeroo
        Fan since 1961
        • Jan 2019
        • Oregon
        • Retired Manager/Pastor
        • Send PM

I watch Herbert and I'm sometimes shocked at passes he can make. I listen to the interviews of our coaches and they can't praise him enough. The national broadcasters can't quit gushing over him. Considering all of that, how much money will they need to shell out to him when his rookie contract is up? Should they give him a new contract at the end of this year to perhaps avoid an even bigger pay out when the rookie deal is op? If he can play for many seasons as Rivers did he'll have enough money to buy his own team!
        THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• gzubeck
          Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
          • Jan 2019
          • Tucson, AZ
          • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
          I watch Herbert and I'm sometimes shocked at passes he can make. I listen to the interviews of our coaches and they can't praise him enough. The national broadcasters can't quit gushing over him. Considering all of that, how much money will they need to shell out to him when his rookie contract is up? Should they give him a new contract at the end of this year to perhaps avoid an even bigger pay out when the rookie deal is op? If he can play for many seasons as Rivers did he'll have enough money to buy his own team!
          I think it's the end of his third season they can renegotiate. If they can do it for $35 mil per year it's a win for both sides. If we start getting into the Dak Prescott area of pay it's not a win for Chargers and we can string him out through his sixth year or trade him for a boatload of picks. I would prefer to extend earlier than later and make everyone a happy camper.
          Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• equivocation
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Apr 2021
            • Send PM

The market will be well over $35M a year by the time his contract is up.

Comment

• like54ninjas
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2017
              • Great White North
              • Draftnik
              • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

I think it's the end of his third season they can renegotiate. If they can do it for $35 mil per year it's a win for both sides. If we start getting into the Dak Prescott area of pay it's not a win for Chargers and we can string him out through his sixth year or trade him for a boatload of picks. I would prefer to extend earlier than later and make everyone a happy camper.

Extension after year 4 that begins after his 5th year option but guaranteed signing money he gets when contract is signed.
              8y @ $47.5y = $380 Total - $80G@signing / $160TG / Large roster bonuses
              ​​​​​​- structure the contract like Mahomes
              My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
              K9
              Nasir
              Tillery
              Parham
              Reed

Comment

• UglyTruth
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Oct 2018
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post

Considering the Chargers luck, I’d rather avoid using Herbert as a runner as much as possible. A few plays here and there sure.

But not anything like how Josh Allen is used in Buffalo.
                Tom Telesco’s Results in 9 years as Chargers GM:

- 69-74 record
                - 0 division titles in 9 yrs as GM
                - Worst record among all active GMs with same tenure
                - 6th worst winning percentage among all active GMs overall
                - 2 playoff wins despite elite QB all 9 yrs
                - Team still has the same weaknesses (Oline and run defense) that it had when hired as GM in 2013
                - Consistently puts together horrible depth, expects starters to never miss games

Comment

• equivocation
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Apr 2021
                  • Send PM

There was a read option in the red zone last week. Parsons beat Norton inside, 2 yard gain on 2nd and 12.

Comment

• gzubeck
                    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Tucson, AZ
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Extension after year 4 that begins after his 5th year option but guaranteed signing money he gets when contract is signed.
                    8y @ $47.5y = $380 Total - $80G@signing / $160TG / Large roster bonuses
                    ​​​​​​- structure the contract like Mahomes
                    If your a really good player I think it's courtesy to restructure the contract after year 3 if I'm not mistaken. I'm not talking about riding out his original rookie contract with zero modifications. That's why restructuring a contract way early is desirable for both parties. Herbert gets much bigger payout in year 4 and 5 plus GURANTEED MONEY! So getting money earlier is an incentive in itself for reduced pay average through the next contract. i.e. $35 million per year versus $45 million per year....etc. etc....

:cheers:
                    Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• like54ninjas
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Oct 2017
                      • Great White North
                      • Draftnik
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

If your a really good player I think it's courtesy to restructure the contract after year 3 if I'm not mistaken. I'm not talking about riding out his original rookie contract with zero modifications. That's why restructuring a contract way early is desirable for both parties. Herbert gets much bigger payout in year 4 and 5 plus GURANTEED MONEY! So getting money earlier is an incentive in itself for reduced pay average through the next contract. i.e. $35 million per year versus $45 million per year....etc. etc....

:cheers:
                      Incorrect.
                      We want to maximize JH10’s rookie contract in the same way Mahomes’ contract is structured.
                      Why limit ourselves in possible Cap Space unnecessarily? JH10’s 4th year is $8.5M.
                      The QB market won’t change by $10M APY over 1 year.
                      My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                      K9
                      Nasir
                      Tillery
                      Parham
                      Reed

Comment

• Bolt-O
                        Administrator
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                          Draftnik
                          • Oct 2020
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
                          The man speaks the truth. Even though he looks like he just hit a gravity bong.
                          Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡