• Show
Clear All
  • BlazingBolt
    SLAM DUNK!
    • Jun 2013
    • East County San Diego
    • Bolt fanatic
    • Send PM

I was a bit all over So Cal this past weekend and I saw more Charger fans than any other team represented. In Solvang several people well wished the Bolts when they saw me in my Bosa Jersey. I watched the game at Magic mountain, only other Jersey I saw was a Herbert and several fans kept checking in on the game at the Sportsbar in the park where I was watching. I then stopped at the rest area on the 5 on my way back to SD and there were Charger fans all over there I guess maybe heading back from attending the game.

Lucky for me I went to check out the Holiday stuff at the park before close after we went back up by 14 in the fourth so I was spared all the hairpulling and stress of the blocked punt INT and going down by 3, somone actually spoiled it that we won but I didnt know how. I watched the end of the game on recording not knowing the final score and couldnt' bleieve how drunk the game got after I stopped watching. But what a win. Herbert is clutch.
    migrated from chargerfans.net then the thenflforum.com then here

Comment

• SuperCharged
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Sep 2019
      • Utah
      • Midnight Toker
      • Send PM

Originally posted by JustAnotherFan View Post
      Data supporting inconsistency claim
      Week QBR
      1 --- 43.8
      2 --- 44.0
      3 --- 79.9
      4 --- 74.7
      5 --- 87.4
      6 --- 17.7
      8 --- 19.4
      9 --- 94.0
      10 -- 54.5
      11 -- 84.6
      Season 67.0

So, evaluating by QBR (yes, I know there is more to the game than one stat, but it is about avoiding unconscious bias)
      Out of 10 games, ONE mediocre game, week 10, 2 bad games, weeks 1 and 2, 2 horrible games weeks 6 and 8, and 5 outstanding games.

That is a VERY VERY disparate set of data, only 3 out of 10 are in the 20-70 range!!!!!!! 2 games below 20, and 5 games over 70!

That's what I mean by inconsistent.

Wow that is absolute lunacy to call him inconsistent. It part play calling and part good D. But your claim of inconsistency is just flat out wrong.

Since you're posting stats I guess this is meaningless? Or does it show pretty much the opposite of what you are saying. Screenshot 2021-11-23 182155.jpg

Comment

• JAFA
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Apr 2021
        • Send PM

I'm not a big fan of the QBR evaluation, but to put things in perspective I'd love to see the same chart for;

Mahomes
        Allen
        Brady
        Rogers
        Stafford

I'm willing to bet you see similar 'inconsistencies' from week to week with these guys as well - it's just the nature of playing that position in todays NFL.

Comment

• electricgold
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Apr 2020
          • Send PM

Justin Herbert reminds me a lot of Troy Aikman when he's on his game, only what gives him even more potential talent wise is his ability to run the ball. When Herbert completes a high % of his passes it really becomes a problem in beating the Chargers. Next season would really love to see the Chargers bring in a Chubbs or Derrick Henry sort of RB because with this sort of RB the Chargers O could be even better. Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I like our chances going forward.

Comment

• Velo
            Ride!
            • Aug 2019
            • Everywhere
            • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
            • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post
            Justin Herbert reminds me a lot of Troy Aikman when he's on his game, only what gives him even more potential talent wise is his ability to run the ball. When Herbert completes a high % of his passes it really becomes a problem in beating the Chargers. Next season would really love to see the Chargers bring in a Chubbs or Derrick Henry sort of RB because with this sort of RB the Chargers O could be even better. Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I like our chances going forward.
            Aikman had the best RB (Emmitt Smith) and the best WR (Michael Irving) of that generation. They were the original triplets. Herbert doesn't have the same supporting cast, he is carrying his team already half way through his sophomore season. Aikman never had to carry the Cowboys when the 'Boys were at the top of the pack; I don't think that was in his makeup. He was fortunate to be drafted into that situation. I totally agree with you on getting a Chubb like RB. I would love to have Chubb on the Bolts; I almost advocate offering an entire draft to Cleveland in trade for Chubb (I jest). I don't know if there is a RB like Chubb in next season's draft, but I do think RB is a position Telesco has to take seriously next off-season. His recent late-round drafts, Kelley and Rountree, have not produced good results (albeit Rountree still has a chance to surprise). Last season I had my eye on Jonathon Taylor, hoping he would still be on the board for Telesco to grab in the 2nd round. And Taylor was there when the Chargers pick came around, but Telesco had traded that pick to NE to move back up into the 1st round for Kenneth Murray. Imagine a draft getting Herbert and Taylor with the first two picks.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
              Day Tripper
              • May 2019
              • North of the Lagoon
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
              The five most prolific QBs in franchise history are Phillip Rivers, Dan Fouts, John Hadl, Stan Humphries and Drew Brees, in that order.

Justin Herbert, having played just 24 games, currently stands at No. 6, in terms of passing yardage (6881) and touchdowns (50). Herbert is already ahead of every other QB that has ever suited up for the Chargers.

Compared to the top 5 QBs, Herbert leads all of them in yds per game (286.7), completion percentage (66.1) and passer rating (97.6). His 5.3% TD rate is better than all of them except for Hadl, who had a 5.5% rate. But Herbert's INT% of 1.8 is significantly better than anybody in the top 5, the next best is Rivers at 2.9. Where Hebert lags behind the top 3, is yards per attempt, which is 7.3. Rivers leads everyone with 7.8. Herbert's yards per completion (11.0) is behind the top 4 and tied with Brees. (Hadl is tops at 14.8.)

Herbert's low yards per attempt and yards per completion is surprising because he probably has the strongest arm of any Chargers QB in history (except maybe Ryan Leaf?). The Lombardi offense is not helping him in either category. It's time to Free Herbert.
              Hadl had Lance Fucking Alworth. Lance Alworth is not on the 2021 Chargers. You start off noting Herbert is off to the best start of any QB in the history of the Chargers, then you say Lombardi is not helping him and he needs to be freed. Lol.
              “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                Day Tripper
                • May 2019
                • North of the Lagoon
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
                By now, everyone knows about JH10. He's still 'growing' as a QB, but no one can deny his talent. My minor nit picks from last night were his low trajectory throws into DL arms (or helmet), and just leaving too much time because Mike Williams was so damn open, lol.
                You complained about Herbie for hitting MDub because there was too much time left? Tell us you’re kidding. That complaint is too dumb to criticize with specifics.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                  Day Tripper
                  • May 2019
                  • North of the Lagoon
                  • Send PM

Herbie’s rating is 26.4 PPG and 6-4. That is the only rating that counts. His PPG is up by 2 pts since last year, so claims that Lombardi ruined the offense are misplaced. Last year at 10 games I believe LAC was 4-6, so that a net +2. Again, hard to translate that into Lombardi broke the great 2020 offense thing …

Comment

• Bolt-O
                    Administrator
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

You complained about Herbie for hitting MDub because there was too much time left? Tell us you’re kidding. That complaint is too dumb to criticize with specifics.
                    Gee, its a nit pick, and a post from a few days ago, maybe Monday? And I don't fault him for taking the easy TD if its there. What happened, did you miss out on the ice cream on your pie?

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                      Day Tripper
                      • May 2019
                      • North of the Lagoon
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post

Gee, its a nit pick, and a post from a few days ago, maybe Monday? And I don't fault him for taking the easy TD if its there. What happened, did you miss out on the ice cream on your pie?
                      My only complaints were towards complainers who criticized the ice cream and pie . Picking at his nit is faulting him, thats the definition right there.

He first told MDub to get ready, then he looked off the safety, then he came back to hit MW with a laser precise pass that was the game winning score. You nit picked the game winning score lol.

Lol. if you wanted to pick at nits, you should have picked at MDub for not sitting down at the 1 yard line to let Herbie burn 3 plays and put it in the PK’ers hands, er foot. Or better yet, complain that MW did not run sideline to sideline once he got to the 1 and make Steelers go and catch him, maybe burn another 10 sec and only need 2 snaps. Herbie couldn’t run down there and tackle him. But that FG would be less than 100% certainty so is it really better to not score the TD there vs ANY other option?

its not personal. Deputy Dmac has had enough of the trouble makers in PowderBlueVille, and is now officially on patrol, arresting scofflaw complainers that wander into our fair town and gripe about wins and scare the fine citizen folk who live here. Wait for a loss and I’ll let y’all gripe away.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                        Administrator
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

BTW, it was a joke,... a "lol" should have clued it. The Board got all wrapped up on the TD pass that was called as a run with the pass tag in a win.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Oct 2017
                          • Great White North
                          • Draftnik
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
                          Herbie’s rating is 26.4 PPG and 6-4. That is the only rating that counts. His PPG is up by 2 pts since last year, so claims that Lombardi ruined the offense are misplaced. Last year at 10 games I believe LAC was 4-6, so that a net +2. Again, hard to translate that into Lombardi broke the great 2020 offense thing …
                          I concur. Lombardi is not the issue.
                          3-7 after 10 games in 2020 so an even better +3 games improvement.
                          MikeDub on pace for 75-80 receptions, 1150+yards, 12+ TDs.
                          Ekeler with 978 total scrimmage yards & 13 TDs on only 168 touches.
                          JH10 at 292 YPG, 2.2 TDs PG, and 5 GWD (3 all of last season).
                          My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                          K9
                          Nasir
                          Tillery
                          Parham
                          Reed

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂