Originally posted by equivocation View Post

This is the way.
      The new classic quote.

Comment

• beachcomber
        & ramblin' man
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

don't recall where/which thread it was posted, but the vid for Josh Palmer, does indeed make Herb look like a Golden God.

it is amazing how his placement just leaves the DBs w/no play on the ball, and which in turn does place a burden on his receivers somewhat, albeit the one catch I most recall of Palmer's is an over the shoulder snatch that was a big league reception, and one that capitalizes on both the talent @wideout here, and the arm of the Rocket Man.

dude is nails....
        RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• HollywoodHerbie Hairbear
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2021
          • Send PM

Somebody finally asked Rivers about Herbert!!!

Comment

• 21&500
            Bolt Spit-Baller
            • Sep 2018
            • A Whale's Vajayjay
            • CMB refugee
            • Send PM

Originally posted by HollywoodHerbie Hairbear View Post

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CfhiG...d=MDJmNzVkMjY=
            Awesome.
            This is really cool for me as a fan of both these men.
            can't imagine what it could mean for Herbert growing up a Chargers fan.
            .005 Brock Bowers, TE/HB/SR Georgia
            .037 Braden Fiske, DT Florida St.
            .069 Mike Sainristil, CB Michigan
            .105 Brenden Rice, WR USC
            .110 Mason McCormick, OG/OC S. Dakota St.
            .140 Zak Zinter, OG Michigan
            .181 Nehemiah Pritchett, CB Auburn
            .225 Ainias Smith, WR Texas A&M
            .253 Carson Steele, RB UCLA

Comment

• Chuckeezy
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by HollywoodHerbie Hairbear View Post

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CfhiG...d=MDJmNzVkMjY=

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                Beef Before Gazelles
                • May 2021
                • Send PM

I take mild exception to the article's contention-- stated by Rivers, and echoed by the writer-- that the Chargers "nailed that pick".

Herbert FELL to the Chargers. Herb was the last of the Top 3 QBs to be selected, after Burrow at #1, and Tua at #5.

Now... if the guy is saying that the Bolts "nailed" the pick because Telesco didn't select Jordan Love instead of Herb?!? That's stupid to think that Jordan Love was even a consideration at #6 for the Bolts.

The Chargers NEEDED a quarterback, and they were almost without any question going to take one of those Top 3 QBs at #6, unless they were all off the board by then.

It turned out that Telesco didn't have to trade up to get a Top 3 QB. One fell to him. We're all unspeakably lucky that it was Herb that fell, not Tua.

But there's some legitimacy to saying that Telesco deserves credit for not panicking, and losing draft capital unnecessarily in a trade-up. He deserves acknowledgment there. However... knowing the QB that Herb is developing into, if Telesco HAD traded up to ensure getting him? It would, now, look like an absolute GENIUS move, because it ensured that the Chargers got a guy who's accomplished the best two-year start of ANY NFL quarterback, EVER.

But "nailing the pick". I don't think so. I *DO* think we can say that Miami FAILED to nail the pick.

Comment

• sonorajim
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

I take mild exception to the article's contention-- stated by Rivers, and echoed by the writer-- that the Chargers "nailed that pick".

Herbert FELL to the Chargers. Herb was the last of the Top 3 QBs to be selected, after Burrow at #1, and Tua at #5.

Now... if the guy is saying that the Bolts "nailed" the pick because Telesco didn't select Jordan Love instead of Herb?!? That's stupid to think that Jordan Love was even a consideration at #6 for the Bolts.

The Chargers NEEDED a quarterback, and they were almost without any question going to take one of those Top 3 QBs at #6, unless they were all off the board by then.

It turned out that Telesco didn't have to trade up to get a Top 3 QB. One fell to him. We're all unspeakably lucky that it was Herb that fell, not Tua.

But there's some legitimacy to saying that Telesco deserves credit for not panicking, and losing draft capital unnecessarily in a trade-up. He deserves acknowledgment there. However... knowing the QB that Herb is developing into, if Telesco HAD traded up to ensure getting him? It would, now, look like an absolute GENIUS move, because it ensured that the Chargers got a guy who's accomplished the best two-year start of ANY NFL quarterback, EVER.

But "nailing the pick". I don't think so. I *DO* think we can say that Miami FAILED to nail the pick.
                  There were several top options at 6. OTs Wills, Becton, Wirfs, DT Derrick Brown, OLB Isaiah Simmons. Herbert was NOT the only quality pick on the board. TT made the best choice, not the ONLY choice. We badly needed an OT and Brown or Simmons talent would have been a major upgrade.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

Either way. We picked Herbert at #6 regardless if Miami fucked up or not. Just be glad they did. Id only be upset had we settled for Tua as i didnt want him at all so im good with the results. Derwin fell to us as well, sometimes it pays to be lucky or benefit from others mistakes.

Jordon Love is going to be a bust. Wouldnt surprise me if they draft another QB when Rodgers does finally hang it up.

Comment

• Velo
                      Ride!
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Everywhere
                      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                      • Send PM

This is the first time I've heard Phil Rivers talk about Herbert.

I pull like crazy for the Chargers, and I pull for Justin Herbert in particular, just because I think it's awesome that I was able to be there for 16 years," he said. "Hopefully he can be there for another 16. I always thought it's cool—you look at the Packers, you can say, 'Who's been their quarterback the last 40 years? [Brett] Favre and [Aaron] Rodgers.' You don't want it to go the Browns' version, with 30 starters in the last 25 years. With Herbert, it was time for me to be done there, and then they nailed that pick.
                      He is right, it's very rare for a team to go from a Brett Favre to an Aaron Rodgers seamlessly. But the Chargers appear to have done it with Rivers to Herbert (with one start by Taylor).

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by equivocation View Post

This is the way.
                        Fake production? Whats wrong with a Play action pass or any of those things? They are designed for a reason. What is the agenda here anyways? I think people are finding more ways to over analyze the game.

Comment

• equivocation
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Apr 2021
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Fake production? Whats wrong with a Play action pass or any of those things? They are designed for a reason. What is the agenda here anyways? I think people are finding more ways to over analyze the game.
                          Production from PA/screens/RPO often comes from sources other than the QB. The production still counts in game, of course, but it's a poor way to evaluate QBs.

This is why the Rams traded for Stafford and got rid of Goff. Goff could run their PA just fine, but when he had to make a play from the pocket in pure passing situations lacked the skill to do so.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡
                          👍