• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Heatmiser
    HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by madcaplaughs View Post

There was a reviewer who compared Jeudy and CD Lamb in the same way. They gave Lamb great credit for making the contested grab, and after the catch ability. Their comparison to Jeudy was that he didn't have to make the contested grab, because he was always so open. That's Allen's strength. Sometimes he just makes DB's look silly.
    I agree. Felt and feel the same way about Mike Williams. He makes fantastic contested catches now and did also in college. And that is great. But he HAS to make contested catches because he gets little separation. Rivers was a QB who would give a guy like Williams the opportunities because he was confident and fearless. Unfortunately, those same traits lead to turnovers, too. I wonder how a careful guy like Taylor will work with Williams? He is likely to go to Allen and Henry and his RB a lot more.

TG
    Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• SuperCharged
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Sep 2019
      • Utah
      • Midnight Toker
      • Send PM

Some interesting takes. Makes me wonder.... This could truly be the steal of the 2020 draft. I would love to see this kid just excel as our slot WR.

Comment

• chargeroo
        Fan since 1961
        • Jan 2019
        • Oregon
        • Retired Manager/Pastor
        • Send PM

This young man is the all-time leader in receptions for Ohio State. Considering all the great receivers they've had over the years - that quite an accomplishment. He could be a pleasant surprise for a 7th round pick.
        THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
          This young man is the all-time leader in receptions for Ohio State. Considering all the great receivers they've had over the years - that quite an accomplishment. He could be a pleasant surprise for a 7th round pick.
          between him and Reed - I think those were two pretty darn good late round selections

Comment

• boldarblood
            Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

between him and Reed - I think those were two pretty darn good late round selections
            Completely agree! I just wish we had some genuine speed somewhere (that isn't afraid to get hit or afraid of the ball, no names or anything...Benjamin)

Comment

• Formula 21
              The Future is Now
              • Jun 2013
              • Republic of San Diego
              • Send PM

Originally posted by boldarblood View Post

Completely agree! I just wish we had some genuine speed somewhere (that isn't afraid to get hit or afraid of the ball, no names or anything...Benjamin)
              Mike Williams did lead the league in yards per reception last year. You gotta defend him deep.
              Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
              The Wasted Decade is done.
              Build Back Better.

Comment

• Velo
                Ride!
                • Aug 2019
                • Everywhere
                • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                • Send PM

Joe Reed 4.4 40 not too shabbs.

Comment

• Steve
                  Administrator
                  • Jun 2013
                  • South Carolina
                  • Meteorologist
                  • Send PM

Speed isn't the only thing that allows a receiver to be explosive. Wes Welker was not a fast guy, but he was explosive and made a lot of explosive plays because he had great quickness and exploded out of his breaks.

Reed has good speed, but he is a tremendously athletic guy with good quickness and built like a power RB, who is hard for DB to bring down. If his route running can catch up, he could be a HUGE weapon. Can play inside or outside WR, RB and be a return guy.

Hill is not fast, but he has the explosive quickness and the hands to be a real weapon underneath, avoid a tackler and get some big chunks.

Benjamin had great, elite speed. Some quickness, but lacked the athletic ability, toughness and hands to be able to consistently make plays.

Comment

• Velo
                    Ride!
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Everywhere
                    • Send PM

Tyrell Williams had speed and size. The offense really missed him last season - went from Tyrell in 2018 to Andre Patton in 2019 at the No. 3 spot.

Comment

• Velo
                      Ride!
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Everywhere
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post

I agree. Felt and feel the same way about Mike Williams. He makes fantastic contested catches now and did also in college. And that is great. But he HAS to make contested catches because he gets little separation. Rivers was a QB who would give a guy like Williams the opportunities because he was confident and fearless. Unfortunately, those same traits lead to turnovers, too. I wonder how a careful guy like Taylor will work with Williams? He is likely to go to Allen and Henry and his RB a lot more.

TG
                      Quoted for truth. Mike's game is not about creating separation (unless there is blown coverage) but out-physicalling DBs at the point of the catch. And that suited Rivers' gun-slinging approach. TT will have overcome his timidness to get the most out of Mike.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

In no way shape of form am I comparing Reed to Deebo Samuels. One was a 2nd rounder; one was a 5th rounder. But if Reed can do that for the offense - would be a nice addition - meaning, jet sweeps, screen passes - get some yard after catch.

Benjamin - how many times did he not get a first down because he didn't want to get hit.

Comment

• Velo
                          Ride!
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Everywhere
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

In no way shape of form am I comparing Reed to Deebo Samuels. One was a 2nd rounder; one was a 5th rounder. But if Reed can do that for the offense - would be a nice addition - meaning, jet sweeps, screen passes - get some yard after catch.

Benjamin - how many times did he not get a first down because he didn't want to get hit.
                          Heck, I will compare Reed to Samuel. Why not? He could become that for us. Except that Reed is taller, heavier and faster. And the Chargers have a duo of WRs already on the roster ahead of Reed that the 49ers do not have. Samuel is their projected No. 1.

Comment

Working...
                          X