• Show
Clear All
  • gzubeck
    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
    • Jan 2019
    • Tucson, AZ
    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Or is it the coaching staff that never developed the players? I kind of wonder.
    I gues we'll know after this season with Campen. After thoroughly kicking the tires and reviewing game tape he'll find out who's been naughty or nice.
    Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• pacstud
      Black Belt Poster
      • Sep 2018
      • Send PM

There is a play that Herbert ran a lot and Rivers almost never (single digits) ran...

Bootleg.

It's a good play, it creates a lot of options, and you don't need to pass pro for eight seconds.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
        Smooth Operation
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by pacstud View Post
        There is a play that Herbert ran a lot and Rivers almost never (single digits) ran...

Bootleg.

It's a good play, it creates a lot of options, and you don't need to pass pro for eight seconds.
        We will be better in the Red Zone too.
        We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Formula 21
          The Future is Now
          • Jun 2013
          • Republic of San Diego
          • Send PM

Solder from the Giants will probably be available too.
          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
          The Wasted Decade is done.
          Build Back Better.

Comment

• Xenos
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
            Solder from the Giants will probably be available too.
            Cordy Glenn might be an option as well given Lynn's familiarity with him from their time in Buffalo.

Comment

• Steve
              Administrator
              • Jun 2013
              • South Carolina
              • Meteorologist
              • Send PM

Originally posted by pacstud View Post

Bootleg.

It also opens up the zone running game that our new OL coach prefers. Ekeler, Jackson are both good runners, and it looks like Kelley is too.

When QB is running bootlegs, it forces the DE or OLB on the backside to slow his pursuit down the line. That is how the D stop players from cutting back into all the creases that zone running opens up. If that player is missing, even if they set the edge, and play the front of the play well, the creases that open up on the backside will be open unless that DE or OLB is there to close them down.

Hebert has also done a lot of zone reads, bubble screens and RPO's, which are other tactics that offenses use to slow the backside pursuit on the zone running game. Rivers could run bubble screens, but that is not a good play for us the last few years (whiz used to run it into press coverage, which I think is a mistake), and Phil did some RPO's, but the zone read thing was not really there. It is just another set of tools for the tool box.

Comment

• Heatmiser
                HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Would you have felt better if the Chargers had drafted an OT in the 5th round or later? If so, they would end up with a Stormy Daniels (sorry cannnot remember the kids name but it has storm in there somewhere) type player. They already picked up Stormy and he has some pro experience already, too. So in a way, they did get what you are looking for.

TG
                Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Antonio’s Gates
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Apr 2020
                  • Send PM

Thank god telesco didn’t draft an offensive lineman, he sucks at it.

Comment

• rikardo
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                    Not a single fat man in this draft. Am I the only person who finds this odd? I know it's cliche, but the game is won or lost in trenches, and it's not like the Chargers have been dominant there. Given Telesco's poor luck drafting OL, I wonder if he's gun shy about investing draft capital in OL now, preferring to build thru FA and trades.
                    Who would you have drafted and on what round (OL and DL)?

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                      Brock Bowers N.M.W.
                      • Feb 2019
                      • McLean Illinois
                      • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                      • Send PM

Although I would have liked us to find some Beef, we are not thin there...young fatties on both sides of the ball. But where we were thin, or had holes was WR 3, return man, special teams, and we only had 2 backs, both smallish. I like the picks, and am OK with filling needs on day 3, provided they are good players...and not sure if a fattie on day 3 would have improved or fixed a position.
                      The TPB makes plans....And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB, Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Formula 21
                        The Future is Now
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Republic of San Diego
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
                        Although I would have liked us to find some Beef, we are not thin there...young fatties on both sides of the ball. But where we were thin, or had holes was WR 3, return man, special teams, and we only had 2 backs, both smallish. I like the picks, and am OK with filling needs on day 3, provided they are good players...and not sure if a fattie on day 3 would have improved or fixed a position.
                        We already have our share of day 3 fatties. And they have a year or more of professional training. I really didn’t see the need to take another one especially on the DL.
                        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                        The Wasted Decade is done.
                        Build Back Better.

Comment

Working...
                        X