Clear All
  • AsaFLBoltfan
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Apr 2020
    • Longwood , FL
    • Manager
    • Send PM

Originally posted by RollingThunder View Post

I'd say more like a record of 3-4 or even 2-5 with bad quality QB play. 4-3 will probably still keep the lights on for Tyrod but I don't expect it unless our running game just all of a sudden dominates everyone.

Tyrod is not going to be the guy leading this team to victories, they will have to come from somewhere else.
    I don’t wish bad luck on the Team or Tyrod, just hope Herbert can get at least 7-8 starts. So 2021 he can start the year with some legitimate experience

Comment

• AsaFLBoltfan
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Apr 2020
      • Longwood , FL
      • Manager
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Duck fan View Post
      Herbert is the QB of the future but he sits for the year unless Tyrod gets hurt or as mentioned Tyrod can’t win. If Tyrod stays above 500 Herbert hopefully sits until next season, of course taking snaps for clean up.
      That’s exactly the scenario that scares me, then we’re almost wasting 2 years. Not saying Herbert isn’t going to be good, but don’t believe he is Mahommes. That he’ll sit the year and light it up on 2021, he needs meaningful game(s) time this season.

Comment

• PR#1
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Aug 2019
        • Send PM

Herbert is the future, so there's no sense in wasting games or snaps with the first string offense on Tyrod. Let Herbert get all snaps with the 1st string offense.

Losing with Herbert is far better than winning with Taylor. Herbert will learn much faster in real game situations than sitting on the bench.

Matt Ryan started as a rookie and so can Herbert.

Comment

• Bolt-O
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Hopefully he rides the bench all season. If Taylor goes down (or gets demoted), I'd expect to see Stick before Herbie.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
            Brock Bowers N.M.W.
            • Feb 2019
            • McLean Illinois
            • Pipefitter Illinois State University
            • Send PM

Sit him for a year. Let the young man continue to work his new mechanics into his game, training camp, regular season practices, and next off season as well. Set him up for success, and let him get acclimated to the NFL. He won't waste away...Rodgers sat 3 years, didn't he? Phillip 2? JMO...but hey...if we do have a training camp, and he knocks it outta the park...I'm cool with that too.
            The TPB makes plans....And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB, Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• WindsorUK
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2013
              • Windsor, U.K.
              • Send PM

With limited off season training, there is no way in a million years I put this kid, with his obvious faults, on the field this year.
              He'll need to learn the speed of the game, when to get rid of the ball, where his receivers are going to be before he throws it...... it's going to take a while.
              He's a big, strong, smart kid. He'll get it but if you put him out there day 1, he'll get crushed. PR, with all his experience and knowledge, got buried multiple times. So if you expect a rookie, with no viable blindside protection, to be thrown to the wolves, with the expectation of a number 6 pick riding on his shoulders, man......
              Tyrod can get us 5 wins this year( I'm not holding out hope for a lot more). Let Herbert get reps in practice, learn to be a professional, earn some respect from his teammates, have a summer of
              OTA'S and full length pre-season( don't think we'll have one this year) and turn him loose in 2021.

Comment

• AsaFLBoltfan
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Apr 2020
                • Longwood , FL
                • Manager
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
                Hopefully he rides the bench all season. If Taylor goes down (or gets demoted), I'd expect to see Stick before Herbie.
                I’d HATE this scenario

Comment

• blueman
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

I think we do okay with Taylor, so Herbert starts when he’s ready. Which may be sooner than we think, cuz fast learner.

Comment

• AK47
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • May 2019
                    • Send PM

Are we even gonna have fans in a stadium......wait a minute playing in a an empty stadium shoot they gives us the advantage!!! Compared to last season that's like a home game for us every week. Anyways, if there's no boos nor chants from Chargers fans pressuring coaches to put Herbert in there? hmm hard to tell. Tyrod should be good enough to put this roster and defense in the playoff mix.

Comment

• AsaFLBoltfan
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Apr 2020
                      • Longwood , FL
                      • Manager
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by AK47 View Post
                      Are we even gonna have fans in a stadium......wait a minute playing in a an empty stadium shoot they gives us the advantage!!! Compared to last season that's like a home game for us every week. Anyways, if there's no boos nor chants from Chargers fans pressuring coaches to put Herbert in there? hmm hard to tell. Tyrod should be good enough to put this roster and defense in the playoff mix.
                      I agree with Tyrod we’re a Wildcard contender, but also my concern because Herbert would get no playing time in this scenario.

Comment

• Critty
                        Dominate the Day.
                        • Mar 2019
                        • Send PM

Something that may benefit the Chargers next year.

Tyrod will be a much different style.
                        The AFC opponents have plenty of experience trying to defend a Rivers lead offense.
                        Reid seem to have had Philip number always getting a robber to pick him every game.

So maybe Tyrod and the new style will make some plays the other teams are not used to defending. Limit turnovers. Add in solid defense and special team play. And maybe your looking at grinding out 10 wins. Which would be great for Herbert to see. Not only does he get to watch and work on his game but he will see that you don't have to be a hero to win 10 games. Just play smart.
                        Who has it better than us?

Comment

• rikardo
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by AsaFLBoltfan View Post

I agree with Tyrod we’re a Wildcard contender, but also my concern because Herbert would get no playing time in this scenario.
                          Agree
                          This year compared to SF last year IMO we have similar talent on D (with Derwin back) and are more talented in O than SF was last year.
                          Im not at all a fan of Jimmy Garoppolo. To me Tyrod and Jimmy are similar the difference is we have more talent around the O than SF.

Are we better than the Chiefs don't know. That will depend on our OLT quality play.

Comment

Working...
                          X