• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chris9341
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2013
    • Send PM

Just watched the E60 special on ESPN about Alex Smith

Wasn't really a fan of his but to go through the kind of injury that he went through and maybe losing his leg to not giving up on his dream of playing QB in the NFL again. After watching this and seeing what his leg looked like it's amazing he didn't get it amputated. It was pretty gross to see. I pray that he does make it back to the NFL.
  • 21&500
    Bolt Spit-Baller
    • Sep 2018
    • A Whale's Vajayjay
    • CMB refugee
    • Send PM

Haven’t seen it but he’s a great guy.
    local guy.
    good mojo Alex
    .005 Brock Bowers, TE/HB/SR Georgia
    .037 Braden Fiske, DT Florida St.
    .069 Mike Sainristil, CB Michigan
    .105 Brenden Rice, WR USC
    .110 Mason McCormick, OG/OC S. Dakota St.
    .140 Zak Zinter, OG Michigan
    .181 Nehemiah Pritchett, CB Auburn
    .225 Ainias Smith, WR Texas A&M
    .253 Carson Steele, RB UCLA

Comment

• jubei
      Vagabond Ninja
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

he was captain checkdown until Mahomes got up in his crawl. then he started throwing it downfield and wuddaya know? He was able to do it pretty darn good. good luck to him...he always seemed like a standup guy.

Comment

• Steve
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • South Carolina
        • Meteorologist
        • Send PM

That was also the season that a team finally gave him some downfield weapons. Prior to that, every team he played on had weak skill players, who might have some posssion guys, but not much else.

He also got very little help from the offensive line on a lot of the teams he played for.

Comment

• boldarblood
          Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by chris9341 View Post
          Wasn't really a fan of his but to go through the kind of injury that he went through and maybe losing his leg to not giving up on his dream of playing QB in the NFL again. After watching this and seeing what his leg looked like it's amazing he didn't get it amputated. It was pretty gross to see. I pray that he does make it back to the NFL.
          I went through something devastating in June 2018, I've got some pictures as well, not as graphic. . I had a compound fracture of my ankle, it got severely infected much like Alex Smith. I started to not be me as well, mine went black as well, ended up with a flesh eating disease called Necrotizing Fasscitis, MRSA, Gang Green Gasses, and went sepsis. I didn't win the battle, wason the verge of death and ended up with an amputation of above my knee by a few inches. Spent 7 months hospitalized, was extraordinarily isolating. Phantom Pains can be overwhelming.

Comment

• chris9341
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by boldarblood View Post

I went through something devastating in June 2018, I've got some pictures as well, not as graphic. . I had a compound fracture of my ankle, it got severely infected much like Alex Smith. I started to not be me as well, mine went black as well, ended up with a flesh eating disease called Necrotizing Fasscitis, MRSA, Gang Green Gasses, and went sepsis. I didn't win the battle, wason the verge of death and ended up with an amputation of above my knee by a few inches. Spent 7 months hospitalized, was extraordinarily isolating. Phantom Pains can be overwhelming.
            I can't even imagine what that would be like. He's trying to make it back to the NFL. They have no clue how he got the flesh eating disease. Could of been from someones jersey or the dirt.

Comment

• boldarblood
              Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by chris9341 View Post

I can't even imagine what that would be like. He's trying to make it back to the NFL. They have no clue how he got the flesh eating disease. Could of been from someones jersey or the dirt.
              Changes your view on life, life v2.0.

I should write him lol, in an odd way i know what he went through.

Comment

Working...
              X
              😀
              😂
              🥰
              😘
              🤢
              😎
              😞
              😡
              👍