• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • oneinchpunch
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Chargers Depth Chart

Los Angeles Chargers Depth Chart: The official source of the latest Chargers player depth chart and team information.

No surprises. Although at the beginning of the offseason I don't think anyone could've predicted so little improvement at OL.
    Hashtag thepowderblues
  • BoltBalls
    Always keep eye contact!
    • Jun 2013
    • SD!
    • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
    http://www.chargers.com/team/depth-chart.html

No surprises. Although at the beginning of the offseason I don't think anyone could've predicted so little improvement at OL.
    Not sure how anyone could make a real assessment on how much the OL has improved at this point, let's see some preseason games at least. Even then we won't really know until the real games start.

Moreover, to all the doubters about how the OL was addressed this offseason - who would be your "better" replacements?

Comment

• oneinchpunch
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by BoltBalls View Post
      Not sure how anyone could make a real assessment on how much the OL has improved at this point, let's see some preseason games at least. Even then we won't really know until the real games start.
      I've seen Dunlap play OT before. I know how bad he is and don't really need more games to confirm that.

I know that people have been clamping for improvement at Center for years. That player is now the one solid player on the OL.
      Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• BoltBalls
        Always keep eye contact!
        • Jun 2013
        • SD!
        • Send PM

I've seen Dunlap play OT before. I know how bad he is and don't really need more games to confirm that.

I know that people have been clamping for improvement at Center for years. That player is now the one solid player on the OL.
        New team, new head coach, new offensive coordinator, new offensive line coach, new system, new fellow linemen playing with Dunlap. Again, who would be the "better" replacements?

Comment

• oneinchpunch
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Why not just leave Mike Harris there. With new head coach, new offensive coordinator, new offensive line coach, new system, new fellow linemen playing with him he was bound to be much, much better, right?
          Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• BoltBalls
            Always keep eye contact!
            • Jun 2013
            • SD!
            • Send PM

Why not just leave Mike Harris there. With new head coach, new offensive coordinator, new offensive line coach, new system, new fellow linemen playing with him he was bound to be much, much better, right?
            I would think that even Mike Harris would show improvement after a year of experience and with a whole new system that would cater to his strengths/weaknesses (so they say). The fact that he is a backup RT on the current depth chart shows that our current OT squad and especially LT appears to be clearly better than Harris.

My point is that none of us can make accurate statements about the OL being "little" or "much" or "not at all" improved when the players have yet to play against another team, in preseason or real games.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

"Clearly better than Harris" - OL mantra 2013.

Leander Jordan and Ed Elkis were clearly better than Harris. It didn't make them good.
              Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• BoltBalls
                Always keep eye contact!
                • Jun 2013
                • SD!
                • Send PM

"Clearly better than Harris" - OL mantra 2013.

Leander Jordan and Ed Elkis were clearly better than Harris. It didn't make them good.
                I like the mantra. :laugh:

So we don't have All-Pro offensive linemen playing for us right now, obviously. We weren't expecting to find any All-pros in the open FA market either during this offseason. The OL is still thought to be one of the weakest positions on the team and this is known; however they are still unproven, good or bad, with this almost completely new team we have this year.

What also has been said this offseason is that we have a fairly strong front 7 and it is well-known that Liuget, Reyes and Freeney are all good to great defensive players. Sure, they are beating our OL pretty handily in practice right now but it is good that our OL is facing strong competition. Would it be better that they face a weaker DL in practice? Let's see how they fare against other teams in a system that will clearly try to play around one of our weakest positions.

Comment

• Steve
                  Administrator
                  • Jun 2013
                  • South Carolina
                  • Meteorologist
                  • Send PM

It depends on how much his technique has improved (or hasn't). i think Harris has many of the physical tools to be a top notch OT. But his technique is so awful. He needs to turn it around, and he doesn't have much time to do it.

Comment

• homeless simpson
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

it doesn't help that the hype all offseason has been about how much more "emphasis" was placed on the OL.

Moreover, to all the doubters about how the OL was addressed this offseason - who would be your "better" replacements?
                    the same answer as last year, there are always better alternatives than what we have on the roster (without actually naming them).

Comment

Still boggles my mind this team let Vasquez walk to the broncos. Embarrassing. So there is what I would have done differently.

Comment

• Den60
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

When it comes to defense does the Charger depth chart simply show a pic of Manti's girlfriend?

Comment

Working...
                        X