• Show
Clear All
  • Maniaque 6
    French Speaking Charger Fan
    • Jan 2019
    • Québec city
    • Send PM

Chargers Record At The Bye ?

I don't know if I have pink glasses, but I ses the Chargers 7-2 or 6-3 at the bye.
    I don't believe they can lose to CIN, JAX, NYJ and LV.
    CAR, TB and MIA are winable games.
    KC at home and at NO. Outch ! Good luck.
  • Lone Bolt
    Brock Bowers N.M.W.
    • Feb 2019
    • McLean Illinois
    • Pipefitter Illinois State University
    • Send PM

6-3 isn't unreasonable, though we all know bounces can go the other way...but on paper, you gotta figure TB, KC, and NO are the games you could lose, while all the rest should be wins if we play up to our roster...

I honestly look for us to put the hurt on KC in week 2, to help give us some momentum for a hot early season start...and we can do it. KC could easily come out a little slow, and with a fully healthy defense, we have shown we can give them fits...run it down their throats, and let slip the dogs on a myriad of blitzes...don't let Mahomes breath...and I think we could take em.

Damn...September is a long ways off....this sucks.
    Mock version 3.0-The "Double Mitchell"
    (Assumes "fantasy" trade with Vikes)

11. Q. Mitchell CB
    23. A. Mitchell WR
    37. K. Jenkins DT
    69. C. Beebe OG -105. C.Gray LB
    110. R. Davis RB -140. J. Jones Slot CB
    181. T. McLachlan TE -225. J. Jean-Baptiste Edge
    253. K. Vidal RB

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post
      I don't know if I have pink glasses, but I ses the Chargers 7-2 or 6-3 at the bye.
      I don't believe they can lose to CIN, JAX, NYJ and LV.
      CAR, TB and MIA are winable games.
      KC at home and at NO. Outch ! Good luck.
      The Raiders beat us twice last season. They are improving. I don't want it to happen but I won't assume we can't lose to them.

8-8 is my prediction based mostly on QB play.

Comment

• Bolt-O
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

One game at a time... let the Chief game set the tone for the season.

Comment

• Velo
          Ride!
          • Aug 2019
          • Everywhere
          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
          • Send PM

4-4...the league plays 8 weeks before the 2nd wave of coronavirus shuts down the season.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

I used to try to guess records but this year with Tyrod Taylor - I just can't. I do think the defense will be better. I think the OL will be better. So a lot of positives. Just have to see. But if making a prediction - maybe 5-4 at the bye

Comment

• PR#1
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Aug 2019
              • Send PM

ESPN predicted a 9-7 record for us

Comment

• Pointyearedog
                Humble Chargers Fan
                • May 2017
                • Golden Hill
                • Medical Devices Operations
                • Send PM

The pundits always seem to underestimate what the team can do. I do believe that this team will surprise more than a few.
                Last edited by Pointyearedog; 05-08-2020, 12:48 PM.
                "You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer." --Frank Zappa

Comment

• Boltx
                  Dominate the day
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

We'll probably win a few games we shouldn't, and lose a few we shouldn't either. I think 6-8 wins in a transition year are reasonable.
                  ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                    French Speaking Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Québec city
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

The Raiders beat us twice last season. They are improving. I don't want it to happen but I won't assume we can't lose to them.

8-8 is my prediction based mostly on QB play.
                    2020 is a different season. IMO, the Chargers are more improved than LV.

Comment

• SBbound
                      Casual fanatic
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Merced/San Diego
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                      4-4...the league plays 8 weeks before the 2nd wave of coronavirus shuts down the season.
                      Man, have you ever seen a bowl of Post Toasties that you didn't take a piss in?

Comment

• Charge!
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Send PM

This is a new team, new season, and every team in the AFC West got better this off season and they swept the Chargers last year with a future HOF QB.

Taylor is not a great QB, and is not a good or great NFL starter. He is an ideal backup or bridge QB, period. He scores 1 TD per game in games he has started. Taylor rarely turns over the ball but also rarely scores points. The rules today benefit accurate passers greatly and benefit offense and scoring in general.

I think as fans we have over-rated our WR's, not realizing that Rivers quick precise passing made these receivers look much better than they are. Would Williams and KA start over any of the Chiefs starters? How about Denver's new starters? ...maybe equal to raiders..... our 3 rookie WR.s need to produce..... so does Kelley.....

It is almost impossible to play defense today. The best defense in NFL last season still gave up over 30 points to the Chiefs, (21 of them came very quickly once Reid figured out what 49ers were doing) and those points were not a fluke...... and the 49ers also had a top 3 offense that could only score 20 against the Chiefs supposedly weak defense.....

I agree with all Chargers fans who hate the raiders, but hating them did not stop the raiders from dominating us in 2 games last year(with Carr who is not a great QB) and that "bad" raider team will likely be better this year.....

Donkeys beat us twice last year and they added multiple super fast weapons to their offense for this season..... and their defense is no slouch....

Looking at the season, barring injuries that could change things for any team, I see 6 very likely losses, 3 likely wins, 7 games that could go either way(so having a winning season or losing season is very possible), and unless Hebert starts from day one and exceeds expectations I cannot see Chargers doing better than splitting with Raiders and Donkeys(splitting with them would be a big improvement over last year)...... Which means at least 8 losses, but even more losses if Taylor plays more games.....
                        Bottom line is the Chargers should be improved at every position group except QB.....Whether Chargers win or lose will be determined by QB play and how quickly Hebert learns to play the NFL game..... Hebert has upside, taylor is very limited and has no upside....

BLUE = Likely Chargers win......
                        RED = Likely Chargers loss.....
                        BLACK = flip a coin...... Chargers could win or lose depending on how soon Hebert starts and starts to play well...... if Taylor plays those games we will likely lose most of them.......

2020 Schedule:
                        1. BENGALS - they are just not good unless Burrow lights it up as a rookie, in home opener, against a defense that has zero pro film on him.....maybe Chargers will be flat because they are overlooking "bad" bengal team.......
                        2. CHIEFS - is Taylor going to outscore Chiefs...... not even in his dreams..... and Chargers are not shutting Reid out..... even if we knock mahomes out of the game.....
                        3. PANTHERS - they might be cellar dwellers but may still be a hard out.....
                        4. BUCCANEERS - Chargers dont beat Brady and Brady has most talent on offense he has ever had....
                        5. SAINTS - They have dominated series and its in NO where they score 30+
                        6. JETS - they are just not good
                        7. DOLPHINS - Have our number in MIA but both Chargers and MIA will have struggles this year....wirth new rookie QB's...etc
                        8. JAGUARS - they are just not good
                        9. RAIDERS - should be improved
                        10. Bye - Hebert is named starting QB for rest of season if he was not already starting ....
                        11. BRONCOS - should be improved
                        12. BILLS - good team that rarely loses in buff
                        13. PATRIOTS- Bellycheat is still brilliant and he knows how to beat Taylor or rookie QB's......Pats offense may struggle but their defense will make chargers struggle & turn over ball more often.....im hoping patriots suck, but bellycheat has won multiple times without Brady.....
                        14. FALCONS - they have alot of talent and could be great or could suck like last year
                        15. RAIDERS - should be improved
                        16. BRONCOS - should be improved
                        17. CHIEFS - at this point, if the game is meaningless as it might be, we might have a chance against the chiefs backups, and Hebert should have already been playing since at least the bye week.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        😂
                        🥰
                        😘
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😞
                        😡
                        👍