• Show
Clear All
  • Fleet
    TPB Founder
    • Jun 2013
    • Cardiff - Poipu
    • Send PM

Id Like To Welcome Chargers Pulse To Thepowderblues.com

One of my favorite Instagram Charger News accounts. Really clean promotion of Chargers News. Makes it easier for guys with no social media to see current bolt activity in the form of Insta posts. They read like posters to me. I like that. Of course you can click on the content and be taken to Instagram.

Just wanted to welcome Chargers Pulse to the Blues. Keep your eyes open for his Charger Updates.

Screen Shot 2020-07-30 at 12.59.16 PM.png
  • ChargersPulse
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2020
    • Send PM

Appreciate it! On my IG, I generally don’t post my opinion but forums seem to invite it so it’ll be cool to discuss and talk Chargers football on here.

Comment

• ChargersPulse
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2020
      • Send PM

The latest news that’s being discussed on IF and twitter seems to be the WR3 camp battle. My personal favorite based on college tape is KJ Hill, but Anthony Lynn came out yesterday saying that he wants a burner, a guy that’s going to take the top off the defense and KJ Hill doesn’t seem like that type of guy and doesn’t seem to have the speed to do so. Andre Patton has 4.4 speed and had a good preseason last year but didn’t impress in the regular season when he got the opportunity. The obvious answer seems to be Joe Reed, but I wonder if any of these UDFAs can make a splash in camp.

Comment

• like54ninjas
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Oct 2017
        • Great White North
        • Draftnik
        • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPulse View Post
        The latest news that’s being discussed on IF and twitter seems to be the WR3 camp battle. My personal favorite based on college tape is KJ Hill, but Anthony Lynn came out yesterday saying that he wants a burner, a guy that’s going to take the top off the defense and KJ Hill doesn’t seem like that type of guy and doesn’t seem to have the speed to do so. Andre Patton has 4.4 speed and had a good preseason last year but didn’t impress in the regular season when he got the opportunity. The obvious answer seems to be Joe Reed, but I wonder if any of these UDFAs can make a splash in camp.

Welcome to the board and great to have you brother!

I’m in the Joe Reed camp. I’ve touted his skillset and fit in multiple threads. IMV, he is a no brainer to get 450+ snaps at WR.

Jalen Guyton is my dark horse to be WR5 and give us a truly elite speed component to our offense. I liked him at N. Texas in 2017 when I was scouting Rico Bussey (look for him to have a monster season at Hawaii). He has special speed and instant acceleration. His 2018 season was solid if unspectacular and Jalen is only 23.
        Last edited by like54ninjas; 07-30-2020, 12:36 PM.
        My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
        K9
        Nasir
        Tillery
        Parham
        Reed

Comment

• Formula 21
          The Future is Now
          • Jun 2013
          • Republic of San Diego
          • Send PM

Need a receiver with production first, speed is the icing on the cake.
          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
          The Wasted Decade is done.
          Build Back Better.

Comment

• Fleet
            TPB Founder
            • Jun 2013
            • Cardiff - Poipu
            • Send PM

Appreciate it! On my IG, I generally don’t post my opinion but forums seem to invite it so it’ll be cool to discuss and talk Chargers football on here.
            Absolutely. Please do. Its what we are here to do. Thanks for all the news you supply us with.

Comment

• like54ninjas
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2017
              • Great White North
              • Draftnik
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
              Need a receiver with production first, speed is the icing on the cake.
              How about both. I give you Joe Reed.

MikeDub
              K9
              Nasir
              Tillery
              Parham
              Reed

Comment

• Fleet
                TPB Founder
                • Jun 2013
                • Cardiff - Poipu
                • Send PM

Pretty sure i already posted this clip of yours. Take a look around and you will see your stuff littered throughout our threads. Most of this stuff can go in our stuck threads. As they are pretty much the hot topics and current news.

Other than the political shit fest. lol Stay out of that thread.

Comment

• 21&500
                  Bolt Spit-Baller
                  • Sep 2018
                  • A Whale's Vajayjay
                  • CMB refugee
                  • Send PM

Smoke screen
                  KJ Hill for the win!
                  .005 Brock Bowers, TE/HB/SR Georgia
                  .037 Braden Fiske, DT Florida St.
                  .069 Mike Sainristil, CB Michigan
                  .105 Brenden Rice, WR USC
                  .110 Mason McCormick, OG/OC S. Dakota St.
                  .140 Zak Zinter, OG Michigan
                  .181 Nehemiah Pritchett, CB Auburn
                  .225 Ainias Smith, WR Texas A&M
                  .253 Carson Steele, RB UCLA

Comment

• Velo
                    Ride!
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Everywhere
                    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                    • Send PM

I think the 2019 Chargers' offense missed the speed of Tyrell Williams. He was the only playmaking WR on the roster who could simply outrun DBs and get open deep. TravBen had speed but he wasn't a playmaker. Joe Reed can fill that void, and that is why they drafted him in the 5th instead of Hill. They wanted to replace that speed. But don't get too carried away with speed. The most successful WRs in the league are not necessarily fast. Michael Thomas' official 40 time was 4.57 coming into the league. He is doing things in the NFL no other WR has ever done. DeAndre Hopkins also came into the league with a 4.57 40. Our own WR phenom KA had a 4.71 40 time (though I think he is faster than that in real time).

However, with KA's game being about creating separation with wiggle and route running rather than speed, and Mike Williams' game being about dominating at the point of the catch because he can't separate well, our 3rd WR does need to have speed IMO. They are going to lean on Reed for that.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Oct 2017
                      • Great White North
                      • Draftnik
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                      I think the 2019 Chargers' offense missed the speed of Tyrell Williams. He was the only playmaking WR on the roster who could simply outrun DBs and get open deep. TravBen had speed but he wasn't a playmaker. Joe Reed can fill that void, and that is why they drafted him in the 5th instead of Hill. They wanted to replace that speed. But don't get too carried away with speed. The most successful WRs in the league are not necessarily fast. Michael Thomas' official 40 time was 4.57 coming into the league. He is doing things in the NFL no other WR has ever done. DeAndre Hopkins also came into the league with a 4.57 40. Our own WR phenom KA had a 4.71 40 time (though I think he is faster than that in real time).

However, with KA's game being about creating separation with wiggle and route running rather than speed, and Mike Williams' game being about dominating at the point of the catch because he can't separate well, our 3rd WR does need to have speed IMO. They are going to lean on Reed for that.
                      Well said. Joe’s RAC ability, position versatility, and ability to break tackles is going to be a huge boon for our Offense and QB as well. He will take several under 10 yard routes 30+ yards during his rook season.

MikeDub
                      K9
                      Nasir
                      Tillery
                      Parham
                      Reed

Comment

• Formula 21
                        The Future is Now
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Republic of San Diego
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

Id hold that Mike Williams never needed to learn to separate because he learned to dominate at the point of the catch. And it still works for him.
                        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                        The Wasted Decade is done.
                        Build Back Better.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        😂
                        🥰
                        😘
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😞