• Show
Clear All
  • FoutsFan
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Birmingham AL
    • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
    and yet, he made two big catches in traffic in the KC game 2 years ago. Chiefs fan probably didn't even know how unlucky it was that he made those catches. Some people just can't catch.
    Funny you mention that. Even as the wheels fell of the TB wagon the last year, I still held out hope for him based on that game. he was money for a quarter and I don't mean that sarcastically. That catch he made in traffic, triple teamed and getting walloped was a thing of beauty. Its hard to believe he was the one that made it.

Comment

• chargeroo
      Fan since 1961
      • Jan 2019
      • Oregon
      • Retired Manager/Pastor
      • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Our 53 man roster plus the 12 man PS roster will be of vital importance this year. If we are able to play a full season, I expect to see 8-12 players promoted from the practice squad that will receive actual playing time due to COVID scratches, short-term IR, of starters for 2-6 weeks at a time.
      Watching what's happening in MLB makes me wonder if there is any hope of having a football season? One thing I have noticed while watching a ball game is they are not wearing face masks in the dugout. That may be a clue for football teams to use face masks on the sideline. Still, if a non-contact sport like baseball is having Covid trouble I don't expect football to end up having a season.
      THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
        Smoke screen
        KJ Hill for the win!
        Smoke screen for what? This isnt to fool any opponents lol.
        Patton wasnt good last season but he does have a year of NFL experience under his belt to zero for a 7th round rookie. Again, high hopes for Hill but imo he isnt a lock for anything.....as is Joe Reed but Reed has more playing making ability. We'll see.
        11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia (plus AZ 2025 1st)
        35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
        37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
        66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
        69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
        100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
        110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
        140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
        181 Jarrian Jones CB - Florida st
        225 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Ol' Miss ➡️ 253 Fabien Lovett DT-FL st

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

Watching what's happening in MLB makes me wonder if there is any hope of having a football season? One thing I have noticed while watching a ball game is they are not wearing face masks in the dugout. That may be a clue for football teams to use face masks on the sideline. Still, if a non-contact sport like baseball is having Covid trouble I don't expect football to end up having a season.
          Agree Roo. Facemasks on the sideline when your coming off the field sucking wind isnt going to cut it with them. Baseball may shut down in a couple days. I dont see football happening.

And Welcome to the board Chargers Pulse.
          11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia (plus AZ 2025 1st)
          35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
          37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
          66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
          69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
          100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
          110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
          140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
          181 Jarrian Jones CB - Florida st
          225 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Ol' Miss ➡️ 253 Fabien Lovett DT-FL st

Comment

• wu-dai clan
            Smooth Operation
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPulse View Post
            The latest news that’s being discussed on IF and twitter seems to be the WR3 camp battle. My personal favorite based on college tape is KJ Hill, but Anthony Lynn came out yesterday saying that he wants a burner, a guy that’s going to take the top off the defense and KJ Hill doesn’t seem like that type of guy and doesn’t seem to have the speed to do so. Andre Patton has 4.4 speed and had a good preseason last year but didn’t impress in the regular season when he got the opportunity. The obvious answer seems to be Joe Reed, but I wonder if any of these UDFAs can make a splash in camp.
            Keenan is so effective at Slot. Parnham looks to have potential creating mismatches at Big Slot. Yet, these other speed guys don't seem to be capable of defeating press coverage on the outside.
            We do not play modern football.

Comment

• FarAwayBoltFan
              San Diego Native
              • Feb 2019
              • Farmington, NM
              • Send PM

Andre Patton was released today reducing the WR3 competition by 1.

Comment

• Velo
                Ride!
                • Aug 2019
                • Everywhere
                • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

Id hold that Mike Williams never needed to learn to separate because he learned to dominate at the point of the catch. And it still works for him.
                I didn't see much of him in college, but that is what he was known for, dominating DBs and coming away with the ball on contested catches. It does seems to be working for him now. He's not quite the elite player you expect where he was drafted, but he's developed into a threat. If he could find his inner KA and develop some slipperiness, he could be great.

Comment

Working...
                X