• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Xenos
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Ninja and Wu...two who should be inducted into the Powder Blues Hall of Fame...
    I don’t know about that. They lack my arrogance and sass.

Edit: but seriously how did we lose both? Ninja just came back.

Comment

• Heatmiser
      HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

I support you Fleet, as always!

TG
      Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Fleet
        TPB Founder
        • Jun 2013
        • Cardiff - Poipu
        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

The yelling, utter lack of civility and inability to even consider an opposing viewpoint we are seeing here is a microcosm of what this world has deteriorated into - sadly. I honestly ignored it here for the most part but my interest in sports has massively cratered as everything has turned so political everywhere and I am having a really hard time getting enthused for the season (if there even is a season). Sports is supposed to be an escape, not fanning the fuel. It has definitely affected the time I spend here. Haven't watched a single basketball or baseball game and it appears as if ratings are down big time so I guess a lot of people are feeling the same.

I suppose it is for the best Fleet.
        I dont have it in me to not watch sports if they are on the tele. Fans or not. I often work on my computer with headphones while i watch sports anyways. Just give me sports on TV and im fine. Especially in a pandemic. If the players are safe and playing ill be watching. lol

Comment

• chargeroo
          Fan since 1961
          • Jan 2019
          • Oregon
          • Retired Manager/Pastor
          • Send PM

I've been watching the games they are showing on the NFL network.. Since I don't remember who won when it was live, it's almost as much fun as it was live.

I've also watched some baseball - it's kind of weird with no-one in the stands. I think they should pump in some crowd noise - play the organ, or something. A guy hits a mammoth home run and all you hear is the announcer.
          THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Fleet
            Fleet commented
            Editing a comment
            LOL
        • jamrock
          lawyers, guns and money
          • Sep 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
          I've been watching the games they are showing on the NFL network.. Since I don't remember who won when it was live, it's almost as much fun as it was live.

I've also watched some baseball - it's kind of weird with no-one in the stands. I think they should pump in some crowd noise - play the organ, or something. A guy hits a mammoth home run and all you hear is the announcer.l
          hahahaha! Shout out for memory loss. It’s a blessing to have a bad memory.

the nba and epl use crowd noise in their broadcasts

Comment

• Velo
            Ride!
            • Aug 2019
            • Everywhere
            • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
            • Send PM

People have been talking politics? I must have missed that. :cartman:

Seriously, though, good move to not allow it here anymore. I think everyone agrees.

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
              Yeah i know. Im sorry guys. Just looking at our forum data...i can see that many stopped looking. Let alone posting. Our lurker game has always been amazing. And right now its hard to see charger stuff through all the yelling.

Lets just get into Bolt Football and let forums dedicated to dealing with politics handle those discussions. Sports and politics are not working for us.

I hope we didnt lose NInja and Wu permanently.
              I havent been following the other politics thread. Why would this push Wu and Ninja away? Im sure they would rather talk football in here than politics. There are other places to do that.
              11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia (plus AZ 2025 1st)
              35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
              37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
              66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
              69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
              100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
              110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
              140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
              181 Jarrian Jones CB - Florida st
              225 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Ol' Miss ➡️ 253 Fabien Lovett DT-FL st

Comment

• Fleet
                TPB Founder
                • Jun 2013
                • Cardiff - Poipu
                • Send PM

I hate to "out" those 2. But i feel like doing so publicly is the only way to openly show how much i care about both of them. Private messages wont get them back. I think we need our members to rally around these guys. Maybe they dont come back. But i know how important they are here. And i know you guys would be bummed to lose 1 or both. Usually i would let members just do their own thing. But since the CMB closed those 2 were really part of my inner circle in regards to trying to smooth the merger out.

We gotta MOJO the fuck up and move on.

Comment

• Xenos
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

I hate to "out" those 2. But i feel like doing so publicly is the only way to openly show how much i care about both of them. Private messages wont get them back. I think we need our members to rally around these guys. Maybe they dont come back. But i know how important they are here. And i know you guys would be bummed to lose 1 or both. Usually i would let members just do their own thing. But since the CMB closed those 2 were really part of my inner circle in regards to trying to smooth the merger out.

They’ll be back when the season starts. You and the mods may just have to police things slightly more with regards to the political things that are unfortunately intertwined with sports now. I think the key is keeping it football related like you mentioned in your OP. That’s how they do it in another general sports forum I go to.

Comment

• Fleet
                    TPB Founder
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Cardiff - Poipu
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

They’ll be back when the season starts. You and the mods may just have to police things slightly more with regards to the political things that are unfortunately intertwined with sports now. I think the key is keeping it football related like you mentioned in your OP. That’s how they do it in another general sports forum I go to.
                    Yep. Lets see how it goes.

Comment

While I have expressed my points of view on political issues in threads where they were permitted, I am 100% good with parking those views if that is what needs to happen to preserve the peace and happiness of those present on the forum.

I am even more excited than usual for football based upon the things that have happened this year and I am really appreciative of all of the well informed takes I see all the time on this forum even if I disagree with some of them from time to time.

Thank you, Fleet, for all of your effort in providing such a cool forum for all of us Chargers fans.

Go Chargers!!!

Comment

• Fleet
                        TPB Founder
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Cardiff - Poipu
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

While I have expressed my points of view on political issues in threads where they were permitted, I am 100% good with parking those views if that is what needs to happen to preserve the peace and happiness of those present on the forum.

I am even more excited than usual for football based upon the things that have happened this year and I am really appreciative of all of the well informed takes I see all the time on this forum even if I disagree with some of them from time to time.

Thank you, Fleet, for all of your effort in providing such a cool forum for all of us Chargers fans.

Go Chargers!!!
                        I appreciate that CC. I really do feel good about this move. Not just for the forum...but for me and the staff as well. None of us are here doing this for a living. I try to make this place look as legit as i can but im just a fan like most here. Just trying to have a place for us fans to talk chargers with as little need for moderation as possible. Moderating members when they are triggered over football is one thing. But politics really bring out the demons. lol

Just not worth the headache if its not Bolt related.

Comment

Working...
                        X