• Show
Clear All
  • Fleet
    TPB Founder
    • Jun 2013
    • Cardiff - Poipu
    • Send PM

No More Politics or Religion Discussion Allowed Here At The Blues

I will no longer be allowing political/religious discussions in any of our forums.

I know Covid has to be discussed. I only want to hear about it from a player or league perspective. And how it is affecting our team and the sport we love. I dont want to hear about how political parties or media are involved. Nor do i care for your personal political beliefs.

The only media i will allow regarding Covid is from the NFL. Whatever they are reporting we are allowed to discuss it. I dont want Fox or CNN. Any outside media that is influenced by politics to be posted here. Its all tainted by bias imo.

I will warn you once. If you cannot stop talking about Liberals this or republicans that...or Trump this or trump that...then i will remove you.

Also if you see a political post or anything you think sort of violates the rule..just report the post. I am the only one who sees who reports it. I see it as helping me enforce my line. I dont always see the stuff. Need a little help.

Also police each other. We all should be moving towards one thing together. Bolt football. Its why we are all here.

Thanks
  • Formula 21
    The Future is Now
    • Jun 2013
    • Republic of San Diego
    • Send PM

Thank you Fleet. This is a football board where we come to get away from that shit.
    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
    The Wasted Decade is done.
    Build Back Better.

Comment

• boldarblood
      Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

absolutely agree, a lot of us use sports as an outlet. Yes their are politics in sports now with kneeling and such.

I prefer to limit the amount I see when I am reading sports, got FB for that... :banghead::banghead:

Comment

• Fleet
        TPB Founder
        • Jun 2013
        • Cardiff - Poipu
        • Send PM

Yeah i know. Im sorry guys. Just looking at our forum data...i can see that many stopped looking. Let alone posting. Our lurker game has always been amazing. And right now its hard to see charger stuff through all the yelling.

Lets just get into Bolt Football and let forums dedicated to dealing with politics handle those discussions. Sports and politics are not working for us.

I hope we didnt lose NInja and Wu permanently.

Comment

• bartman83642
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

No problem here. Like I told you in a previous thread somewhere I am good either way. I don't offend easily but won't really miss it if it isn't there either.

Comment

• Pointyearedog
            Humble Chargers Fan
            • May 2017
            • Golden Hill
            • Medical Devices Operations
            • Send PM

Now we are getting somewhere. Thanks Fleet!
            "You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer." --Frank Zappa

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
              Yeah i know. Im sorry guys. Just looking at our forum data...i can see that many stopped looking. Let alone posting. Our lurker game has always been amazing. And right now its hard to see charger stuff through all the yelling.

Lets just get into Bolt Football and let forums dedicated to dealing with politics handle those discussions. Sports and politics are not working for us.

Ninja and Wu...two who should be inducted into the Powder Blues Hall of Fame...

Comment

• jubei
                Vagabond Ninja
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

abso-freaking-lutely! politics got no place in a football forum and it just makes everyone nasty towards each other. thank you for taking this stance Fleet!

Comment

• richpjr
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Nashville
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post

The yelling, utter lack of civility and inability to even consider an opposing viewpoint we are seeing here is a microcosm of what this world has deteriorated into - sadly. I honestly ignored it here for the most part but my interest in sports has massively cratered as everything has turned so political everywhere and I am having a really hard time getting enthused for the season (if there even is a season). Sports is supposed to be an escape, not fanning the fuel. It has definitely affected the time I spend here. Haven't watched a single basketball or baseball game and it appears as if ratings are down big time so I guess a lot of people are feeling the same.

I suppose it is for the best Fleet.

Comment

• northerner
                    Charger fan since '79
                    • Mar 2019
                    • Send PM

good move fleet. there are other places for those discussions.

Comment

• UtahBolt
                      Did we win?
                      • Jun 2013
                      • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
                      • Send PM

Go Bolts!

(thanks for all you do Fleet)
                      I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

• bartman83642
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

The yelling, utter lack of civility and inability to even consider an opposing viewpoint we are seeing here is a microcosm of what this world has deteriorated into - sadly. I honestly ignored it here for the most part but my interest in sports has massively cratered as everything has turned so political everywhere and I am having a really hard time getting enthused for the season (if there even is a season). Sports is supposed to be an escape, not fanning the fuel. It has definitely affected the time I spend here. Haven't watched a single basketball or baseball game and it appears as if ratings are down big time so I guess a lot of people are feeling the same.

I suppose it is for the best Fleet.
                        I get that. I watched part of a couple of Padre games when DirecTV had their free preview and parts of a couple of Lakers games but not very much or any of them. At least during the portions I watched the commentators were focused on the games and not talking about political issues.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        😂
                        🥰
                        😘
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😞
                        😡
                        👍