• Show
Clear All
  • Scottbbo1
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Folsom, Ca
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
    I think i hung out with the ESPN crowd that came to the forum. Those were the days man.
    Oh god, the old ESPN board, nothing but arguing, trolling, and shitposters.

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
      Outback Goon
      • Sep 2018
      • Australia
      • Send PM

glad i found this place when CMB closed

Just hope i can keep up with the quality threads

Comment

• RTPbolt
        Charger Fan till the end
        • Jun 2013
        • North Carolina
        • Send PM

Thank goodness for this board....I know it was a tough transition but we all hung in there. I'm still in NC but grew up in El Cajon and went north to Sacramento then the Bay Area before moving to NC. Followed pretty much the Aces/Q/crowd from way back. Keeps me connected better than to other friends frankly over time. Glad for no politics....that was an ugly time and perfect to have a safe place so thank you for making that call Fleet. We live in our own reality here....its messed up but I like it :shrug:

Comment

• wu-dai clan
          Smooth Operation
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by NoMoreChillies View Post

Your game tape good, bad and ugly is must watch !
          We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post

Trumpetman. lol
            that dude thought for sure the city and chargers were going to take the back door and build a new stadium
            he was positive it was going in the "back door"
            never happened

Comment

• Fleet
              TPB Founder
              • Jun 2013
              • Cardiff - Poipu
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Scottbbo1 View Post
              Oh god, the old ESPN board, nothing but arguing, trolling, and shitposters.
              I created another forum for the ESPN General posters. Its 100X worse. And still going strong. lol

Comment

• Fleet
                TPB Founder
                • Jun 2013
                • Cardiff - Poipu
                • Send PM

Originally posted by NoMoreChillies View Post

Keep up? Your video breakdowns after games are a huge addition. You are absolutely part of the TPB fabric. Good on ya mate.

Comment

• ghost
                  The Rise of Kellen Moore
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Fleet, IMO, this ownership group turned somewhat of a corner and engineered two Hall of Fame potential moves in last calendar year, with the drafting of Herbert and the selection of Coach Staley. Add to that a possible Defensive Player of the Year turn from Derwin James in the season.

That's alot of positives. And a new stadium.

Comment

• Fleet
                    Fleet commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Agreed brother. Good times ahead.
                • chargeroo
                  Fan since 1961
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Oregon
                  • Retired Manager/Pastor
                  • Send PM

I just read this entire thread - what fun! Some of the names that were brought up gave me some good memories. I wish we could get some of those guys posting here but I think many of them gave up on the Bolts when they moved North. I almost did myself but after some time I realized that I was bound to be a Charger fan until I die. (I didn't know it would take this long for that to happen) lol

I'm totally grateful for this board. I started on the old SDUT board, then went to the CMB and now to here. I'm happy as a clam with this board. I ignore the LA in the name and just think of it as a Chargers board - that makes me feel better.

Thanks Fleet - you're a Fleeteroo to me !
                  THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Fleet
                    Fleet commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks Roo. Means a lot coming from you
                • Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
                  I just read this entire thread - what fun! Some of the names that were brought up gave me some good memories. I wish we could get some of those guys posting here but I think many of them gave up on the Bolts when they moved North. I almost did myself but after some time I realized that I was bound to be a Charger fan until I die. (I didn't know it would take this long for that to happen) lol

I'm totally grateful for this board. I started on the old SDUT board, then went to the CMB and now to here. I'm happy as a clam with this board. I ignore the LA in the name and just think of it as a Chargers board - that makes me feel better.

Thanks Fleet - you're a Fleeteroo to me !
                  Im glad you are here Roo. Don't know if you still go to Uncle Tom's board but glad you are posting here. I haven't been to the UT In a long while or if it still exists.

I saw Shamrock do a tweet yesterday. First time I've seen him even do one of those In some time. He usually complains about the officiating lol.
                  Wonder what happened to him as far as Charger boards or being a fan still or not.?
                  11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia (plus AZ 2025 1st)
                  35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
                  37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
                  66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
                  69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
                  100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
                  110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
                  140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
                  181 Jarrian Jones CB - Florida st
                  225 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Ol' Miss ➡️ 253 Fabien Lovett DT-FL st

Comment

• chargeroo
                    Fan since 1961
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Oregon
                    • Retired Manager/Pastor
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Im glad you are here Roo. Don't know if you still go to Uncle Tom's board but glad you are posting here. I haven't been to the UT In a long while or if it still exists.

I saw Shamrock do a tweet yesterday. First time I've seen him even do one of those In some time. He usually complains about the officiating lol.
                    Wonder what happened to him as far as Charger boards or being a fan still or not.?
                    I'm glad you are here too! I never go to Tom's board or any other - this is my home now.

I've assumed Shamrock became a Houston fan because they were kind of his second team. He lives near there. When the Bolts moved that ended it for him. There are guys I miss from the old UT and CMB boards. I've tried in vane to get Joe McRugby over here but he's still with Tom. Some of the guys from the CMB have gone to their rewards' "foober" for one. I miss him - he was flat out funny without meaning to be. Do you remember his talk about his out-house?

THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

I'm glad you are here too! I never go to Tom's board or any other - this is my home now.

I've assumed Shamrock became a Houston fan because they were kind of his second team. He lives near there. When the Bolts moved that ended it for him. There are guys I miss from the old UT and CMB boards. I've tried in vane to get Joe McRugby over here but he's still with Tom. Some of the guys from the CMB have gone to their rewards' "foober" for one. I miss him - he was flat out funny without meaning to be. Do you remember his talk about his out-house?
                      Heard that about Foober which is too bad. I asked about him when CMB was still around and was told that. I thought he was disabled in the mind when i first saw his posts lol. But he was a nice guy as you got to know him as a poster as i PM'd with him a few times. He was kinda like Gilligan lol.
                      I dont recall the outhouse story now, vaguely rings a bell but sometimes things come to me later after some thought.

Joe McRugby, my guess he , ...well besides being loyal to Tom for some reason..( some people just dont like change) is he wont be a Mod here or someone who anybody knows for his Cred. IDK but some guys take that Mod job seriously like it means something so maybe that plays into it. Otherwise not sure why anybody wouldnt want to try it here.

I disliked the CMB board for the most part but did go there during draft time. The Mods there had too quick of a trigger to hand out Bans and such (Tom? Frozen?). I got a few warnings there for really nothing imo.
                      Even Shamrock told me to take off a auto generated tag in my posts that said something like "Via Tapatalk" when i used their app to post. I was just trying it out so it didnt matter to me but he was adamant about it lol.
                      11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia (plus AZ 2025 1st)
                      35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
                      37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
                      66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
                      69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
                      100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
                      110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
                      140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
                      181 Jarrian Jones CB - Florida st
                      225 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Ol' Miss ➡️ 253 Fabien Lovett DT-FL st

Comment

Working...
                      X