Clear All
  • Fleet 1
    TPB Founder
    • Jun 2013
    • Kauai
    • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
    Here's the latest on my fight with cancer -
    According to my Oncologist, I'm down to two months now. I don't think he heard that from God though. I really think I have more time left than that left because I'm not feeling that bad.

Here's where I am now - I do get some pain in my lungs but it's not usually very much. I am weak. My legs are so weak that walking is getting to be a problem (thankful for the walker), but for the most part, my breathing isn't too bad. I have oxygen and meds for when the breathing gets bad and they work well. So, overall; so far, so good!

At this point in time, I think it's harder on Arlene than it is on me. I'm content with the idea of going to heaven soon and I'm content with having a couple more years on Earth. God's will be done.

I'll be sure to let you know when Jesus heals me.
    One day at a time brother. Just stoked you have today with us.

Comment

• chargeroo
      Fan since 1961
      • Jan 2019
      • Oregon
      • Retired Manager/Pastor
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post

One day at a time brother. Just stoked you have today with us.
      That's what my wife keeps saying, One day at a time, and every morning when I wake up I praise God for the new day.
      THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Fleet 1
        TPB Founder
        • Jun 2013
        • Kauai
        • Send PM

That's what my wife keeps saying, One day at a time, and every morning when I wake up I praise God for the new day.
        We are all living in overtime brother.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
          Day Tripper
          • May 2019
          • North of the Lagoon
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Craig440 View Post

Okay will do. I have a huge history with the players. My neighbor when I was 7 was Ron Nery number 80 Defensive end. He took me to practices and I became friends with Ernie Ladd after he stood on my foot and ate my hot dog after a practice. Made me cry and he felt bad.

My mom sold most of them houses when they moved here and I watched lots of games with the wives at their houses.

Later I started a pool service business and serviced a lot of their pools. Built a few spas and solar. Pat Curran and I were friends after I built him a spa and solar. Took me to his resturant/bar at the golf course on Navaho Drive. Had dinner with Fouts, Ed White, Lindon King, and Pat. Got drunk and told King he was a great linebacker but didn't have that nasty instinct like Jack Lambert. He agreed and got two personal fouls the next week. Maybe it was three.

Still friends with Lance Alworth, Don Rodgers (center), and a few others to this day.

I have lots of stories of Walt Sweeny and Fred Dean who was my cousins good friend.

P.S. I still have an unused ticket to the Charger football club vs the Denver Broncos football club. Its for 1963. Price $2.75. I used my ticket don't remember how I ended up with an unused one. I also have my cushion for Balboa Stadium. It has a blanket inside. It's orange.
          Ernie Ladd stepped on your foot and stole your hot dog when you were 7? WTF?
          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• FoutsFan
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Birmingham AL
            • Send PM

Here's the latest on my fight with cancer -
            According to my Oncologist, I'm down to two months now. I don't think he heard that from God though. I really think I have more time left than that left because I'm not feeling that bad.

Here's where I am now - I do get some pain in my lungs but it's not usually very much. I am weak. My legs are so weak that walking is getting to be a problem (thankful for the walker), but for the most part, my breathing isn't too bad. I have oxygen and meds for when the breathing gets bad and they work well. So, overall; so far, so good!

At this point in time, I think it's harder on Arlene than it is on me. I'm content with the idea of going to heaven soon and I'm content with having a couple more years on Earth. God's will be done.

I'll be sure to let you know when Jesus heals me.
            I will continue to pray for you, you are a good man and a Godly man.

God bless you Roo.

Comment

• Craig440
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Apr 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
              Ernie Ladd stepped on your foot and stole your hot dog when you were 7? WTF?

Ya it was a fan appreciation thing. As I remember Ron Nery took me with him. The locker room was at San Diego high school I believe. We took a bus from there to Balboa stadium and they practiced. After the practice Ron bought me a hot dog and we got on the bus and sat down. Ernie was in full uniform and sweating. Came down and said "give me a bite of that" put his foot on mine. Biggest human being I had ever seen. Ate the whole hot dog in one bite. Scared the hell out of me and I started to cry. He felt bad. haha. I'll never forget.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                Day Tripper
                • May 2019
                • North of the Lagoon
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Craig440 View Post

Ya it was a fan appreciation thing. As I remember Ron Nery took me with him. The locker room was at San Diego high school I believe. We took a bus from there to Balboa stadium and they practiced. After the practice Ron bought me a hot dog and we got on the bus and sat down. Ernie was in full uniform and sweating. Came down and said "give me a bite of that" put his foot on mine. Biggest human being I had ever seen. Ate the whole hot dog in one bite. Scared the hell out of me and I started to cry. He felt bad. haha. I'll never forget.
                Damn, thats mean stuff. Even Mean Joe Greene wouldn’t do that, in fact he’d trade you his jersey for it. Or a coke.
                “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Craig440
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Apr 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Damn, thats mean stuff. Even Mean Joe Greene wouldn’t do that, in fact he’d trade you his jersey for it. Or a coke.
                  He was a very nice guy. He was just hungry. It's a memory of a life time for me and well worth the hot dog.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                    French Speaking Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Québec city
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post

We are all living in overtime brother.
                    Fleet, you are the Socrate of the 21th century !

Comment

• WindsorUK
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2013
                      • Windsor, U.K.
                      • Send PM

How are you spending your days, Roo? Watching any of the Olympics? Seeing what these kids are doing on skis is NUTS! Definitely entertaining.

Comment

• WindsorUK
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2013
                        • Windsor, U.K.
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Hadl2Alworth View Post

I worked at that restaurant/bar/golf course on Navajo Drive in 1984. I was a breakfast cook and before that I took care of the back nine of the golf course. Louie Kelcher showed up as well as Hal Clement the sports TV guy on the news in San Diego. There was supposedly some mafia folks that frequented the bar there. I was warned by a lady who I worked with about that. I wanted to meet them but my co-worker wouldn't let me!
                        Navajo was my local as well.
                        Spent loads of my parents money playing really bad golf there( is it Hole 5 that runs parallel to Navajo? Just about every tee shot traveled about 500-600 yards- after bouncing down the road!)
                        Ah, the memories......

Comment

• chargeroo
                          Fan since 1961
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Oregon
                          • Retired Manager/Pastor
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post
                          How are you spending your days, Roo? Watching any of the Olympics? Seeing what these kids are doing on skis is NUTS! Definitely entertaining.
                          I spend a lot of my time praying, reading the Bible, and reading devotionals. I read everything I find about the Chargers. I spend quite a bit of time getting everything in order so if will be easy for my wife to take over after I go to Heaven. For instance, I'm going to pick out and pay for a coffin next week and pay for the burial. (I already own the plot)_I always handled all of our finances so I'm trying to get my wife up to date on the stocks and bank accounts. Winter sports aren't my thing so I have hardly watched the Olympics.
                          THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

Working...
                          X