• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Trumpet Man
    Dea Spanos my HERO
    • Dec 2022
    • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

Trumpie! I'm so glad to see you are still alive and kicking. This is a good forum, I think you'll enjoy it. No strict rules about language, etc. We aren't the only ones from the UT forum, you'll find quite a few more.

I feel like the early season injuries are working to our advantage now - we're getting them back at the right time. This could be the year I've been waiting for since the 1964 AFL Championship game.

Agreed.

The stars are aligning.

Fans are at each others throats on who to fire.

Parentage is being questioned.

Playoffs are in the air.

God willing the Bolts do this for you, me, all the fans and especially the old stump of a fan out in the north 40 of the pasture.

Comment

• chargeroo
      Fan since 1961
      • Jan 2019
      • Oregon
      • Retired Manager/Pastor
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Trumpet Man View Post

Agreed.

The stars are aligning.

Fans are at each others throats on who to fire.

Parentage is being questioned.

Playoffs are in the air.

God willing the Bolts do this for you, me, all the fans and especially the old stump of a fan out in the north 40 of the pasture.
      Many of the guys want to release this guy and someone else wants to dump the other guy and they argue back and forth as tho they really are the ones making the decisions.

It seems to be a pretty sure thing that this is my last chance to see them win a SB so I'm really hoping it happens. (but, you never know, back in early April they told me I had about 3 days left). I'm okay with dying, I'm ready as I can be. I'm a strong 'born again' Christian and I believe Jesus loves me and I love him. I have three great-grandchildren and a fourth one in the oven, I'm 87 and I've had a good life - except that my favorite football team hasn't won a SB.
      THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Trumpet Man
        Dea Spanos my HERO
        • Dec 2022
        • Send PM

Many of the guys want to release this guy and someone else wants to dump the other guy and they argue back and forth as tho they really are the ones making the decisions.

It seems to be a pretty sure thing that this is my last chance to see them win a SB so I'm really hoping it happens. (but, you never know, back in early April they told me I had about 3 days left). I'm okay with dying, I'm ready as I can be. I'm a strong 'born again' Christian and I believe Jesus loves me and I love him. I have three great-grandchildren and a fourth one in the oven, I'm 87 and I've had a good life - except that my favorite football team hasn't won a SB.
        I firmly believe with all my heart we will all be together again so I do not fear the after life and embrace it because we never die. One of the Laws of Thermodynamics is that energy is neither created nor destroyed and merely transformed into another state. I am a believer we are bundles of energy waiting to go to another state of energy. We never die. We only go on to live forever in peace and happiness surrounded by all our loved ones even the ones we have not met. But yeah man can we get one ring at least before it is over ?

There was a poster on the UT. HIs name was Iron Mountain. HIs brother had terminal cancer and was a Chargers fan. I will never forget the meeting. Iron Mountain's brother wanted to attend one of our tailgaters and drink a beer with me. He was not suppose to be drinking beer but just said the hell with it and partied. I ended up sobbing in my pillow that night after it sank in what Iron Mountains brother had done and how reading about the tailgater parties affected him so much that he wanted to attend in his last days. I am thinking to myself WTF ? I never posted this story anywhere out of respect for Iron Mountain's brother. Go Chargers !

Comment

• chargeroo
          Fan since 1961
          • Jan 2019
          • Oregon
          • Retired Manager/Pastor
          • Send PM

Iron Mountain's brother was called 1960. They both had sons that were also Charger fans and were members of the CMB. The brothers attended the first
          Chargers game ever - in LA before the move to SD. Nice family. When the Bolts moved to LA, they gave up the NFL.
          THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• sonorajim
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Iron Mountain and I have remained FB friends over shared political views. He & his wife are enjoying retirement & golf trips.

Comment

• Trumpet Man
              Dea Spanos my HERO
              • Dec 2022
              • Send PM

Iron Mountain's brother was called 1960. They both had sons that were also Charger fans and were members of the CMB. The brothers attended the first
              Chargers game ever - in LA before the move to SD. Nice family. When the Bolts moved to LA, they gave up the NFL.
              Thanks I forgot his name thanks - 1960. Iron Mountain had attended EVERY Chargers game I think he told me except one game. I forget the reason (marriage I think). I may have the details wrong but I will never forget 1960's attendance at our tailgater in F-2 of the parking lot. It was the only and last time I saw 1960 alive. I have some great memories and am going to share some of the stories after today's Rams game on a LIVE Youtube Podcast called the Bolt Bros Podcast. Who knows what state of mind I will be in ? I have stories for days good and bad. Rod Bernsteins cousin attacking one of our tailgaters and sucker punching him. Junior Seau signing autographs for my niece after hearing the trumpet by the players parking lot. Getting tossed out of Dan Marinos last game in San Diego after I snuck the Trumpet inside the stadium after being repeatedly TOLD not to do so. Players wives attending the tailgater madness. It goes on and on and on .....

Comment

• Trumpet Man
                Dea Spanos my HERO
                • Dec 2022
                • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post
                Iron Mountain and I have remained FB friends over shared political views. He & his wife are enjoying retirement & golf trips.
                Hey tell him I said HELLO. Cool dude. Thanks man !!! I never forgot him or his brother. The last tailgater with 1960 jacked me up pretty good. I was honored but holy crap. Yeah. Good F'n memories. Shit I am getting choked up.....later

Comment

• Budsman
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

I know I don’t know any of you but from my times back on the UT forums during the Brees Rivers debates or more recently here in TPBs I do feel like there’s a community of people that love this team and love each other (even if it’s in a siblingesque love hate relationship).

I just wanted to say Roo, following your battle and watching you do it with such grace has made an impact for the positive in my life and I want you to know you have positively impacted this chargers family beyond even what you know.

Also a shout out to Trumpet Man, good to see you back. I always enjoyed your commentary back in the UT and I think you’re going to like it here. Fleet does a good job of making sure we have a good place to be ourselves but not go overboard (guilty at times).

Just want to give props to the UT OGs and let you all know that at least this chargers family members appreciated you both.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
                    Pretty much retired......
                    • Sep 2018
                    • JoJa
                    • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
                    • Send PM

I have to tell you Roo that you are an inspiration for me. I have had a few issues in the past couple of years, but knowing how strong you have been keeps me from hiding my head in the sand. You truly are a blessed soul and I pray for you each day during my talks with "Dad". Here's to a 2023 that is greater than any of the first 87 you have seen. Thank you for showing all of us just what "grace" is.

Comment

• Trumpet Man
                      Dea Spanos my HERO
                      • Dec 2022
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Budsman View Post
                      I know I don’t know any of you but from my times back on the UT forums during the Brees Rivers debates or more recently here in TPBs I do feel like there’s a community of people that love this team and love each other (even if it’s in a siblingesque love hate relationship).

I just wanted to say Roo, following your battle and watching you do it with such grace has made an impact for the positive in my life and I want you to know you have positively impacted this chargers family beyond even what you know.

Also a shout out to Trumpet Man, good to see you back. I always enjoyed your commentary back in the UT and I think you’re going to like it here. Fleet does a good job of making sure we have a good place to be ourselves but not go overboard (guilty at times).

Just want to give props to the UT OGs and let you all know that at least this chargers family members appreciated you both.
                      I am torn whether to keep posting anywhere to be honest. The move out of San Diego was a real gut punch to many fans. I went searching for the old Bolttalk forums and it is left with hate watching the Bolts and I get it. I just can not do it (hate watch). I made few posts recently just to say hello to the old posters there.

Hey the Los Angeles Chargers have a chick on the trumpet playing "CHARGE". Maybe we can have a trumpet competition ? Nah....it is time to pass the baton to the younger generation of Bolt fans and open a nursing home run by Bolt fans to help me wipe my ass and find my dentures. Maybe not. Who knows ? Thanks for the welcome back. I have returned as a more seasoned and relaxed fan - hell - I have a dispensary nearby that can deliver faster than Dominos pizza. Life is good !!
                      :larry:

Comment

• Fleet 1
                        TPB Founder
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Kauai
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Trumpet Man View Post

I am torn whether to keep posting anywhere to be honest. The move out of San Diego was a real gut punch to many fans. I went searching for the old Bolttalk forums and it is left with hate watching the Bolts and I get it. I just can not do it (hate watch). I made few posts recently just to say hello to the old posters there.

Hey the Los Angeles Chargers have a chick on the trumpet playing "CHARGE". Maybe we can have a trumpet competition ? Nah....it is time to pass the baton to the younger generation of Bolt fans and open a nursing home run by Bolt fans to help me wipe my ass and find my dentures. Maybe not. Who knows ? Thanks for the welcome back. I have returned as a more seasoned and relaxed fan - hell - I have a dispensary nearby that can deliver faster than Dominos pizza. Life is good !!
                        :larry:
                        Most of BT are my old members. I miss them dearly. I was able to go there during the Padre season and connect with them there. It felt good. And was able to smooth out a lot of rough connections with so many of my former members that i viewed as Bolt Family. TTK was an admin here. Fender a Mod. I used to get attacked often early when they moved there for still keeping this forum up...i put myself in their shoes so i understood it. But i do tend to think anger hate rage all thos negatives...are bad for the soul. I really was just trying to love them through the sorrow they must have been feeling for losing their team. So i got it, I stopped taking it personally. But i lost alot of my flock from here. And i truly loved and missed those guys. Then the CMB shut down and many showed up here. So it really saved us. The CMB peeps have been such a blessing to our community here at the Blues. Its so bust sometimes now i just focus on fixing stuff that breaks with our software and post so much less. lol

Im stoked you are with us now Trumpy. You are a prolific poster in the Charger Fan realm. A legendary fan. Aloha my brother.

Comment

• Trumpet Man
                          Dea Spanos my HERO
                          • Dec 2022
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post

Most of BT are my old members. I miss them dearly. I was able to go there during the Padre season and connect with them there. It felt good. And was able to smooth out a lot of rough connections with so many of my former members that i viewed as Bolt Family. TTK was an admin here. Fender a Mod. I used to get attacked often early when they moved there for still keeping this forum up...i put myself in their shoes so i understood it. But i do tend to think anger hate rage all thos negatives...are bad for the soul. I really was just trying to love them through the sorrow they must have been feeling for losing their team. So i got it, I stopped taking it personally. But i lost alot of my flock from here. And i truly loved and missed those guys. Then the CMB shut down and many showed up here. So it really saved us. The CMB peeps have been such a blessing to our community here at the Blues. Its so bust sometimes now i just focus on fixing stuff that breaks with our software and post so much less. lol

Im stoked you are with us now Trumpy. You are a prolific poster in the Charger Fan realm. A legendary fan. Aloha my brother.
                          Thanks. I know posters don't always agree with me and that is ok. I am forum battle tested (called every name in the book and invented names) and would come home to the UT forums bragging how fast I could get banned from the enemies forums spewing Bolt venom. The good old days.

I recently saw a new YouTube Podcast called the Bolt Bros Podcast. I will post a link. Many fans know what I look like but here is a link to yesterday's show and for those who think I post with idiotic takes NOW you can see the idiot LIVE. WARNING: I had no less than 5 or 6 micheladas in me which can be fun for a Podcast or freaking disaster. :rofl:

The Bolt Bros are back with another post game reaction video after the Rams Vs Chargers game this week. The Bolt Bros breakdown all of the key plays from the...

Comment

Working...
                          X