• chargeroo
      Fan since 1961
      • Jan 2019
      • Oregon
      • Retired Manager/Pastor
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Life View Post
      Roo how you doing this week?
      Thanks for asking. I've had a pretty good week. Monday was a day with a lot of pain but the morphine did its thing and the pain hasn't come back since Monday night. I'm cruising now! Thank you, Jesus!
      THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Berserker76
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Nov 2019
        • Send PM

Hang in there, Roo! Maybe there will be a nice, pleasant surprise in Atlanta on Sunday! Prayers for you.

Comment

• powderblueboy
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2017
          • Send PM

My dog came down with end stage kidney disease Chargeroo, 3 weeks ago.

The pet hospital was passive, when they should have been aggressive, in treating her acute kidney failure with a heavy dose of fluids during diuresis.
          They were overly fearful of her heart failing from the fluids and then pulled back the dosage (when i thought it was going well).
          Basically, they did not want to risk her dying there; so, in my estimation, they did not follow the best course towards her having some type of recovery.
          She had the same thing happen in November of last year, so i have something with which to compare performances and outcomes.

They were aggressive in insisting that i euthanize her 15 days ago. :facepalm1: Her kidney values were outrageously high.
          I didn't go along with it (she was still alert and enjoyed things) and have ignored their advice to limit subcutaneous fluids to 50 mL per day: i'm giving 150 + mL per day.

We'll see.

Even for the life of the very meek, you are an inspiration.

Comment

• Fleet 1
            Fleet 1 commented
            Editing a comment
            Sorry man. Lost my boy last Christmas. Aloha.
        • chargeroo
          Fan since 1961
          • Jan 2019
          • Oregon
          • Retired Manager/Pastor
          • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post
          My dog came down with end stage kidney disease Chargeroo, 3 weeks ago.

The pet hospital was passive, when they should have been aggressive, in treating her acute kidney failure with a heavy dose of fluids during diuresis.
          They were overly fearful of her heart failing from the fluids and then pulled back the dosage (when i thought it was going well).
          Basically, they did not want to risk her dying there; so, in my estimation, they did not follow the best course towards her having some type of recovery.
          She had the same thing happen in November of last year, so i have something with which to compare performances and outcomes.

They were aggressive in insisting that i euthanize her 15 days ago. :facepalm1: Her kidney values were outrageously high.
          I didn't go along with it (she was still alert and enjoyed things) and have ignored their advice to limit subcutaneous fluids to 50 mL per day: i'm giving 150 + mL per day.

We'll see.

Even for the life of the very meek, you are an inspiration.
          Oh my, our Dogs are such wonderful friends it hurts to see them ill. Here's hoping she makes a big comeback. I pray you are making the best decision for her.

Our little guy got cancer and it was so sad. He got so weak that he could not stand on his hind legs. He was euthanized that morning. I still miss him. He would be a great comfort for me in my situation now.
          THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• cmplxgal
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2017
            • New Jersey
            • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Several years ago my little Stephanie (a Lhasa-poo, 17 years and 9 months when she passed away) was very ill with several medical conditions (including chronic kidney disease, for which I was giving her subQ fluids daily), and had been for some time. My vet was supportive of maintaining treatment, but she told me that some of the techs in the practice disagreed. I decided that, if she had had enough, she would tell me by not eating. I have always been comforted by knowing that, a few hours before she died in my lap as we were watching TV one night, she had chowed down a big dinner. I am convinced that she still wanted to be there with me, even though she could no longer walk. Previously fiercely independent, she let me carry her outside to go to the bathroom.

So trust your relationship with your dog.

Comment

• Hadl2Alworth
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post

Nice. I was always blown away by his strength. And now yours. I watched my dad die a brutal death. My brother dies of AIDs which might have been even worse. Ive taken over his house here in Kauai. And i feel him with me. He died....and was revived. When he came back he gave his life to the big man. Then died again. Always made me wonder. It helped push me in that direction eventually.

Prayers brother. Always.

Willie died a week after posting this video.
              I'm sorry for your losses. Those are big ones.

Comment

• Fleet 1
                Fleet 1 commented
                Editing a comment
                Mahalo braddah
            • Craig440
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Apr 2019
              • Send PM

We won Roo.

We need you and your support.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
                Pretty much retired......
                • Sep 2018
                • JoJa
                • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
                • Send PM

At kickoff I shouted...."Win this for ROO!!!!" Must have worked some mojo somehow.......

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Send PM

How are you doing Chargeroo? It's great to see you doing well.

The bible speaks about curses. Curses are real. There's things going wrong with our beloved team because of curses. The bible says to pray for your leaders or other people who are in position of influence and/or power. We need to pray for the organization; from the Spanos family, to everyone else connected to the organization, and to the fans. In order for things to be better.

I'm sure some of you know about not putting your trust in man, and to put your trust in the creator, God, the lord Jesus Christ.

Comment

• FoutsFan
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Birmingham AL
                    • Send PM

Roo, just a little something from one of my favorite singers, singing one of my favorite gospel songs.

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
                      Outback Goon
                      • Sep 2018
                      • Australia
                      • Send PM

This season aint over and neither is yours Roo!

Comment

Working...
                      X