Clear All
  • chargeroo
    Fan since 1961
    • Jan 2019
    • Oregon
    • Retired Manager/Pastor
    • Send PM

Originally posted by NoMoreChillies View Post
    This season aint over and neither is yours Roo!
    Thanks, Chili. I started this thread back in January when they said at most I had three months left. Sure enough, by March I was feeling really bad. In early April, I was so bad off that when I complained to my hospice nurse about the pain she told me to hang in there - you only have about three days left to suffer. I was relieved to hear that.

But then, the following Monday the pain quit and I could feel I was breathing better. Now, I feel okay as long as I don't try to do too much. I have many people praying for me and I think God is answering their prayers. I have no idea how much longer I'll be around but that old left lung of mine seems to be doing fine all by itself. The two days the pain had returned (but to a lesser extent) and I wonder if it will grow worse again or go away again. It's kind of weird to know you have a fatal disease but then, in a way, we all know that we aren't going last forever.

Who knows, maybe I'll be typing in here five seasons from now! I enjoy your weekly review Chili - thanks again for that.
    Last edited by chargeroo; 12-02-2022, 03:38 PM. Reason: correct a typo
    THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Fleet 1
      TPB Founder
      • Jun 2013
      • Kauai
      • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

Thanks, Chili. I started this thread back in January when they said at most I had three months left. Sure enough, by March I was feeling really bad. In early April, I was so bad off that when I complained to my hospice nurse about the pain she told me to hang in there - you only have about three days left to suffer. I was relieved to hear that.

But then, the following Monday the pain quit and I could feel I was breathing better. Now, I feel okay as long as I don't try to do too much. I have many people praying for me and I think God is answering their prayers. I have no idea how much longer I'll be around but that old left lung of mine seems to be doing fine all by itself. The two days the pain had returned (but to a lesser extent) and I wonder if it will grow worse again or go away again. It's kind of weird to know you have a fatal disease but then, in a way, we all know that we aren't going last forever.

Who knows, maybe I'll be typing in here five seasons from now! I enjoy your seekly review Chili - thanks again for that.
      Warrior. Thats all i got. Love you buddy. My son adopted a dog and named her Roo. So now Roo will be family for years to come. He has no idea who you are. Just weird. There are no coincidences.

Comment

• Berserker76
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Nov 2019
        • Send PM

Who knows, maybe I'll be typing in here five seasons from now! I enjoy your weekly review Chili - thanks again for that.
        Great news, Roo, prayers for you, hang in there!

Comment

• Maniaque 6
          French Speaking Charger Fan
          • Jan 2019
          • Québec city
          • Send PM

Comment

• FoutsFan
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Birmingham AL
            • Send PM

From the moment we are born, we are dying. You have lived to see a lot in your lifetime and you have reservations in Eternity with God.

I pray for you as well. God bless you.

Comment

• Hadl2Alworth
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2017
              • Send PM

Roo, you are the OG Energizer Bunny!

Comment

• WindsorUK
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2013
                • Windsor, U.K.
                • Send PM

Rock on, Roo!
                Continued MOJO

Comment

• Craig440
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Apr 2019
                  • Send PM

Hey Roo We won again!

I was thinking about this thread the other day. So, I'm bumping it because it's a miracle you are still here and going to join us in this late season run. There was a time we were praying to make to the draft. Now you are going to enjoy what I hope happens.

Super bowl. Hey it could happen.

Comment

• Hadl2Alworth
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Oct 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Craig440 View Post
                    Hey Roo We won again!

I was thinking about this thread the other day. So, I'm bumping it because it's a miracle you are still here and going to join us in this late season run. There was a time we were praying to make to the draft. Now you are going to enjoy what I hope happens.

Super bowl. Hey it could happen.
                    It would be sad for us but I think Roo has a win-win situation. If he passes before the Chargers get to a Super Bowl then hey he's with Jesus! If he lasts to the Super Bowl then that's a win too as long as he's not in too much pain. That's the one thing I hope Roo - or anyone else - doesn't have to experience.

Comment

• Heatmiser
                      HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post

Warrior. Thats all i got. Love you buddy. My son adopted a dog and named her Roo. So now Roo will be family for years to come. He has no idea who you are. Just weird. There are no coincidences.
                      This hopefully will provide a chuckle to you both.

I studied with a bunch of South Koreans in the 90s. They were great guys, very formal, but very kind. After we got to know each other well, one of them said he had been meaning to tell me that my first name was a very good name, or as he said "very strong". I said thank you, my parents picked it. Then he said, "many dogs in Korea are named same as you" Well, that kind of rocked me because in some Asian cultures being called a dog is very derogatory. I didn't think he was going there, so I recovered and said, "Wait a minute, don't you eat dogs?" He said yes, but the kind of dogs with my name are not eating dogs but rather those loved dearly by their families and kept as treasured pets. He told me to honor our soldiers who fought in the Korean war (including my departed Father) they name their dogs American names from soldiers they knew. So it took a while to get there, but he was actually complimenting me highly. I had a lot of fun with those guys.

Roo my continued prayers for you and your family. Each day with you is a gift. I hope you have a blessed Advent and Christmas season. You are inspiring a lot of people just here on this internet community alone. One of the lessons you are teaching all of us is to use the graces we get even in suffering to help those around us. Thank you for that.

TG
                      Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Fleet 1
                        Fleet 1 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Haha cool story man. Shaka
                    • La Costa Boy
                      Pretty much retired......
                      • Sep 2018
                      • JoJa
                      • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
                      • Send PM

Merry CHRISTmas Roo. I hope your today is full of family, friends, joy & laughter. Stay warm.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                        Administrator
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Merry Christmas Roo, and to all of our Powder Blues Ohana.

To be inclusive, Happy Hanukkah, Happy Kwanzaa, and Merry Festivus!

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        😂
                        🥰
                        😘
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😞
                        😡
                        👍