Clear All
  • like54ninjas
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Oct 2017
    • Great White North
    • Draftnik
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Shock&Awe View Post
    Bolts fan from Toronto, been a fan since the early 2000's when Marty Ball came into effect. Was attracted to the uniforms and that #21 was a joy to watch. I frequented the old official SD Chargers forum for years but didn't post much, and by chance stumbled upon this place.

Hoping to make my way down to the new stadium for some January football in a couple years, should break up my winter quite nicely!
    Good to have you at TPB!
    My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
    K9
    Nasir
    Tillery
    Parham
    Reed

Comment

• Fleet
      TPB Founder
      • Jun 2013
      • Cardiff - Poipu
      • Send PM

Bolts fan from Toronto, been a fan since the early 2000's when Marty Ball came into effect. Was attracted to the uniforms and that #21 was a joy to watch. I frequented the old official SD Chargers forum for years but didn't post much, and by chance stumbled upon this place.

Hoping to make my way down to the new stadium for some January football in a couple years, should break up my winter quite nicely!
      Welcome to the forum bud. Great to have you.

Comment

• RobH
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Tokyo, Japan
        • University English Lecturer
        • Send PM

Welcome aboard. You came to the right place.

Comment

• AZBolt
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Mar 2019
          • Send PM

Hello fellow Bolt fans:

Die hard fan since 1967, lived in SD 67-70, then hometown Chicago, now AZ. Went to one Stubhub home game last year, plan to do more going forward. Biggest Bolt heartbreak was the Marlon MCcree interception and turnover against Patriots, we had them beat! .....biggest high was beating the Steelers, then going to SB. BOLT UP!

Was on the charger Forum, glad to be here now and discussing football with Bolt Brothers and Sisters.

Comment

• Bolt-O
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by AZBolt View Post
            Hello fellow Bolt fans:

Die hard fan since 1967, lived in SD 67-70, then hometown Chicago, now AZ. Went to one Stubhub home game last year, plan to do more going forward. Biggest Bolt heartbreak was the Marlon MCcree interception and turnover against Patriots, we had them beat! .....biggest high was beating the Steelers, then going to SB. BOLT UP!

Was on the charger Forum, glad to be here now and discussing football with Bolt Brothers and Sisters.
            Welcome!

Comment

• like54ninjas
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2017
              • Great White North
              • Draftnik
              • Send PM

Hello fellow Bolt fans:

Welcome! Good to have you Fleet 1.

MikeDub
              K9
              Nasir
              Tillery
              Parham
              Reed

Comment

• Fleet
                TPB Founder
                • Jun 2013
                • Cardiff - Poipu
                • Send PM

Hello fellow Bolt fans:

Welcome brother.

Comment

• Craig440
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Apr 2019
                  • Send PM

Hello. I'm Craig. I was born in San Diego in 1954. I grew up in El Cajon. At the age of six after my daddy had fled the scene, my mom got involved in real estate. She got hooked up with the funny little team in the AFL the Chargers. In 1961 she sold the house next door to Ron Nery. Charger DE number 80. He was about twenty two? I was seven. We became friends cuz I played outside and so did he. He took me with him to practice one day. I knew nothing about football. I learned fast. I ended up riding the bus from San Diego High School (I think) to Balboa Stadium with the team, there were no locker rooms at the stadium. I sat on the bench. I rode the bus back. I had never seen such sweaty huge men before. And to be frank I had never seen a black man before.

Ernie Ladd. Six foot ten over three hundred pounds came down the isle in full gear. I had a hot dog and was sitting on the isle seat. He put his foot on my foot and said "Give me a bite" I shook and shook as I lifted my dog with both hands up into the air. He ate the whole thing in one bite, would have ate my hand if I didn't move them. I started to cry. Ernie was so sorry he took me to the next game and I sat on the bench.

I WAS NOW a CHARGER FAN for life.

Step Dad got us season tickets to Balboa Stadium. I still have a ticket framed that was unused. Two dollars and thirty five cents.

I later built pools and spas and solar for several Chargers in the seventies and eighties. I have tons of stories and memorabilia

I'll tell more stories if ya want.
                  Last edited by Craig440; 04-01-2019, 09:02 PM.

Comment

• Fleet
                    TPB Founder
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Cardiff - Poipu
                    • Send PM

Yeah buddy. Its good to have you back Craig. Hope the health is good. I know it was a battle for you. Just really happy to see you back.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                      Smooth Operation
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

OK. First. Free hot dogs. Always a win.

Second. How did Ernie Ladd step on your foot and not flatten it to death ?

Third. Mustard or ketchup or both ?

Fourth. Eagles or Braves ? I was a Monarch and a Matador ? Born Spring Valley. Same year.

Fifth. More stories please.
                      Last edited by wu-dai clan; 04-01-2019, 09:15 PM.
                      We do not play modern football.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Oct 2017
                        • Great White North
                        • Draftnik
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Craig440 View Post
                        Hello. I'm Craig. I was born in San Diego in 1954. I grew up in El Cajon. At the age of six after my daddy had fled the scene, my mom got involved in real estate. She got hooked up with the funny little team in the AFL the Chargers. In 1961 she sold the house next door to Ron Nery. Charger DE number 80. He was about twenty two? I was seven. We became friends cuz I played outside and so did he. He took me with him to practice one day. I knew nothing about football. I learned fast. I ended up riding the bus from San Diego High School (I think) to Balboa Stadium with the team, there were no locker rooms at the stadium. I sat on the bench. I rode the bus back. I had never seen such sweaty huge men before. And to be frank I had never seen a black man before.

Ernie Ladd. Six foot ten over three hundred pounds came down the isle in full gear. I had a hot dog and was sitting on the isle seat. He put his foot on my foot and said "Give me a bite" I shook and shook as I lifted my dog with both hands up into the air. He ate the whole thing in one bite, would have ate my hand if I didn't move them. I started to cry. Ernie was so sorry he took me to the next game and I sat on the bench.

I WAS NOW a CHARGER FAN for life.

Step Dad got us season tickets to Balboa Stadium. I still have a ticket framed that was unused. Two dollars and thirty five cents.

I later built pools and spas and solar for several Chargers in the seventies and eighties. I have tons of stories and memorabilia

I'll tell more stories if ya want.
                        Good to have you at TPB.
                        Always up for more Bolt stories.

MikeDub
                        K9
                        Nasir
                        Tillery
                        Parham
                        Reed

Comment

• Craig440
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Apr 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                          OK. First. Free hot dogs. Always a win.

Second. How did Ernie Ladd step on your foot and not flatten it to death ?

Third. Mustard or ketchup or both ?

Fourth. Eagles or Braves ? I was a Monarch and a Matador ? Born Spring Valley. Same year.

Fifth. More stories please.
                          1) Don't remember how I got the hot dog

2) Ernie was careful not to hurt me

3) I hate Mustard. Ketchup only

4) I'm a proud Eagle.I wrestled. Couch Clotter from Monte Vista helped me a lot. He took a liking to me for some reason. I also had a girl friend who went to Monte Vista

5) okay later I will

Comment

Working...
                          X