First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bolt-O
    replied
    Originally posted by Trumpet Man View Post
    This is my first post on any forum since the team left San Diego. I was known as Trumpet Man for the San Diego Chargers since 1976 so you have probably seen me on TV over the years.. No I did not play TAPS, burn my jerseys or throw eggs at Chargers Park or was committed otherwise for a psych evaluation contrary to the forum rumors. I am back in San Diego County (San Marcos) for 2 years now and just became a great grandfather last week and yesterday was my birthday so life is good.

I am resurfacing on a LIVE YouTube podcast with the "Bolt Bros Podcast" after the Rams game on New Years Day.

I retired the trumpet but was getting fan pressure (reads my niece in San Antonio) to take the trumpet out of moth balls for the Texans game this year in Houston that we attended. As an aside, the Texan fans threw an incredible party for us Chargers fans (Yes I did said "US") in the parking lot of Reliant stadium this year. They had a fire truck that dispensed at least 6 different shots, craft beer, catered food, DJ music and a roving Texan volunteer band. It was a classy event for visiting fans. Hell even Alvarez from Bolt Pride was there representing in Houston and the bro got my tickets to the game. Bolt Pride has an Austin and San Antonio chapter as an FYI. I met the leaders of both chapters this year and they are very cool people. So if you travel to San Antonio Texas the "Angry Elephant" is the place for Bolt fans to meet up with the Bolt Pride clan.

Just one question .... has anyone started a "Herbert's piss cures cancer" campaign yet ? The good old days.

See you around

TMan​
    Welcome aboard! Yes, you are a legendary fan!

Leave a comment:

• Trumpet Man
    replied
    This is my first post on any forum since the team left San Diego. I was known as Trumpet Man for the San Diego Chargers since 1976 so you have probably seen me on TV over the years.. No I did not play TAPS, burn my jerseys or throw eggs at Chargers Park or was committed otherwise for a psych evaluation contrary to the forum rumors. I am back in San Diego County (San Marcos) for 2 years now and just became a great grandfather last week and yesterday was my birthday so life is good.

I am resurfacing on a LIVE YouTube podcast with the "Bolt Bros Podcast" after the Rams game on New Years Day.

I retired the trumpet but was getting fan pressure (reads my niece in San Antonio) to take the trumpet out of moth balls for the Texans game this year in Houston that we attended. As an aside, the Texan fans threw an incredible party for us Chargers fans (Yes I did said "US") in the parking lot of Reliant stadium this year. They had a fire truck that dispensed at least 6 different shots, craft beer, catered food, DJ music and a roving Texan volunteer band. It was a classy event for visiting fans. Hell even Alvarez from Bolt Pride was there representing in Houston and the bro got my tickets to the game. Bolt Pride has an Austin and San Antonio chapter as an FYI. I met the leaders of both chapters this year and they are very cool people. So if you travel to San Antonio Texas the "Angry Elephant" is the place for Bolt fans to meet up with the Bolt Pride clan.

Just one question .... has anyone started a "Herbert's piss cures cancer" campaign yet ? The good old days.

See you around

TMan​

Leave a comment:

• Bobo
    replied
    Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post

Welcome to the fucking Blues my man. lol
    Thanks a fucking lot, Govna!

Leave a comment:

• Fleet 1
    replied
    Originally posted by ThatSinkingFeeling View Post
    Just registered after lurking for a little while. I only started watching American football a couple of years ago, so I am largely ignorant regarding the finer aspects of the game. I am from Norway but I have a relative who works for the Chargers so I went to the game in London in 2018, and met up with my American relatives there. Been cheering for and watching the Chargers since then. I'm watching most games the next day due to the time difference, but I try to catch the 1PM games live as often as I can.

I won't post all that much but might chip in occasionally.
    Good to have you. Welcome to the Bolt Family.

Leave a comment:

• Bolt-O
    replied
    Originally posted by ThatSinkingFeeling View Post
    Just registered after lurking for a little while. I only started watching American football a couple of years ago, so I am largely ignorant regarding the finer aspects of the game. I am from Norway but I have a relative who works for the Chargers so I went to the game in London in 2018, and met up with my American relatives there. Been cheering for and watching the Chargers since then. I'm watching most games the next day due to the time difference, but I try to catch the 1PM games live as often as I can.

Welcome!

Leave a comment:

• ThatSinkingFeeling
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Fleet 1
    replied
    Originally posted by Bobo View Post
    I was active on the CMB from '04-'08 or so. Got sick of the PC restrictions from objective criticism on there. I recognize some names on here that were on the CMB. What ended the CMB? I don't miss it, just curious. Anyway, I like that you can let words fly alot more on here without getting banned. Don't know how much I'll post, but that's a huge improvement from the CMB's ridiculous PC restrictions.
    Welcome to the fucking Blues my man. lol

Leave a comment:

• Bobo
    replied
    I was active on the CMB from '04-'08 or so. Got sick of the PC restrictions from objective criticism on there. I recognize some names on here that were on the CMB. What ended the CMB? I don't miss it, just curious. Anyway, I like that you can let words fly alot more on here without getting banned. Don't know how much I'll post, but that's a huge improvement from the CMB's ridiculous PC restrictions.

Leave a comment:

• Fleet 1
    replied
    Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post
    I'm back. Some of you may remember me from the old Chargers forum. Dropped out when the Chargers moved to LA. Started watching some Charger games after Herbert's rookie year.
    Anyways still in the Bay Area and will catch some games when I can.
    Aloha welcome to the Blues family. Great to have you.

Leave a comment:

• charger1_sj
    replied
    I'm back. Some of you may remember me from the old Chargers forum. Dropped out when the Chargers moved to LA. Started watching some Charger games after Herbert's rookie year.
    Anyways still in the Bay Area and will catch some games when I can.

Leave a comment:

• The Intellectual Assassin
    replied
    Originally posted by OG619FrightninLightnin View Post

I think they played Iguanas in TJ
    Welcome!

What part of NC do you live in?

Leave a comment:

• OG619FrightninLightnin
    replied
    Originally posted by BlazingBolt View Post

Beastie T and new tattoos? First time I saw them was in TJ too, I don’t recall it being on a roof or the name of the venue but I remember the show I was at was much bigger than that. I saw them at Soma SD with jack black and tenacious D as an opening act before jack black had ever been in a Hollywood movie. My last show I had tickets too I ate shit on the tickets and couldn’t make it because my back went out for the first time in my life and with the pain I couldn’t tolerate sitting in a car to get to the show. I
    made me feel old haha
    I think they played Iguanas in TJ

Leave a comment:

Working...
X