• Show
Clear All
  • dmac_bolt
    Day Tripper
    • May 2019
    • North of the Lagoon
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post

I was just going through my members list for a forum i owned in 2008 and he was on it with Shamrock. Madflabby was a blast from the past as well.
    they just banned Old School over there a week ago or so. He'd come back every 2 months to say the forum sucks and chargers suck. they pulled his plug finally. I'd have let him keep stopping by for the humor value, personally...
    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

they just banned Old School over there a week ago or so. He'd come back every 2 months to say the forum sucks and chargers suck. they pulled his plug finally. I'd have let him keep stopping by for the humor value, personally...
      Lol i remember Trumpetman used to call him OldStool, as in a old turd lmao.
      11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia
      35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
      37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
      66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
      69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
      105 Brenden Rice WR - USC
      110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
      140 Hunter Nourzad OC - Penn st
      181 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Mississippi
      225 Josh Procter S-Ohio st /253 Dwight McGlothern CB -Ar​

Comment

• Fleet
        TPB Founder
        • Jun 2013
        • Cardiff - Poipu
        • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

The plug there is pulled at this point though right? Charger forums are all but gone now.

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

The plug there is pulled at this point though right? Charger forums are all but gone now.
          Nope, I went there today. Was amazed I logged right in but it's still there, just not much action. Seen a few names that have been there forever who would make nice additions here....asside from cocasts lol.

Ickyray is good at showing some stats you don't see everyday that are very interesting. SanDiegoRon is a draft junkie. Waterstonfan I believe is a female and been there for years.

Comment

• Fleet
            TPB Founder
            • Jun 2013
            • Cardiff - Poipu
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Nope, I went there today. Was amazed I logged right in but it's still there, just not much action. Seen a few names that have been there forever who would make nice additions here....asside from cocasts lol.

Ickyray is good at showing some stats you don't see everyday that are very interesting. SanDiegoRon is a draft junkie. Waterstonfan I believe is a female and been there for years.
            I couldnt log in or make an account the last time i was there. That was a few months ago. Just trying to save charger souls. lol

Comment

• Sgt. Pepper
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Apr 2019
              • Send PM

Now that I've been on this board for a while and made a few posts, I can say I am looking forward to this season and sharing it with all of you here. I think this is going to be a special season for the Chargers, and especially for those of us who are long-time fans. I am retiring at the end of this month at age 62, and that is going to bring about some life changes that will include having more time to follow this team, starting from training camp. It won't matter if the Bolts fail to win the Super Bowl, or even if they fail to make the playoffs, although that is unthinkable. It's going to be fun and I look forward to the discussions we are going to have this year.

Comment

• Fleet
                TPB Founder
                • Jun 2013
                • Cardiff - Poipu
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Sgt. Pepper View Post
                Now that I've been on this board for a while and made a few posts, I can say I am looking forward to this season and sharing it with all of you here. I think this is going to be a special season for the Chargers, and especially for those of us who are long-time fans. I am retiring at the end of this month at age 62, and that is going to bring about some life changes that will include having more time to follow this team, starting from training camp. It won't matter if the Bolts fail to win the Super Bowl, or even if they fail to make the playoffs, although that is unthinkable. It's going to be fun and I look forward to the discussions we are going to have this year.
                Its great to have you as part of our family. I know you requested more members and discussions.....lol...it will pick up. Once camp starts. I think social media has had an impact on message boards. But i spent the day on twitter watching charger fans fight each other. Not former fans. Fans of the team are now going after each other. Its not really in depth discussion like we have here.

I put a lot of time and cash into this place. It brings me great joy to have you new members helping us rebuild. Totally worth every penny.

Cheers to you.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Oct 2017
                  • Great White North
                  • Draftnik
                  • Send PM

Congratulations on your pending retirement!

I too think this will be a very special season for our Bolts! Can't wait to share discussions, excitement, arguments, ideas, and speculation during TC through our SB victory!
                  My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                  K9
                  Nasir
                  Tillery
                  Parham
                  Reed

Comment

• Sgt. Pepper
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Apr 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Congratulations on your pending retirement!

I too think this will be a very special season for our Bolts! Can't wait to share discussions, excitement, arguments, ideas, and speculation during TC through our SB victory!
                    Thanks man!

Comment

• Sgt. Pepper
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Apr 2019
                      • Send PM

Its great to have you as part of our family. I know you requested more members and discussions.....lol...it will pick up. Once camp starts. I think social media has had an impact on message boards. But i spent the day on twitter watching charger fans fight each other. Not former fans. Fans of the team are now going after each other. Its not really in depth discussion like we have here.

I put a lot of time and cash into this place. It brings me great joy to have you new members helping us rebuild. Totally worth every penny.

Cheers to you.
                      Sorry about that post...I was really saying that I really enjoy the forum and wish more people would discover it. But I do recognize a number of members from the SDUT and official Chargers forum.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Sorry about that post...I was really saying that I really enjoy the forum and wish more people would discover it. But I do recognize a number of members from the SDUT and official Chargers forum.
                        More will migrate.
                        Some just don't like change but if their forum isn't working out, you have togo to another if you want to talk about your team.

The UT is very slow so I would think some from there would come over here but the ones that still post have been there forever and it may be a post count thing for them, I don't know.

No idea how the Pro Board is doing but since I'm seeing Roo here more often , I'm thinking not so good.
                        We are all Chargers fans so I don't see why they wouldn't come here. I've belonged to about 4 or 5 different ones and left some of them too.

Comment

• chargeroo
                          Fan since 1961
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Oregon
                          • Retired Manager/Pastor
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

More will migrate.
                          Some just don't like change but if their forum isn't working out, you have togo to another if you want to talk about your team.

The UT is very slow so I would think some from there would come over here but the ones that still post have been there forever and it may be a post count thing for them, I don't know.

No idea how the Pro Board is doing but since I'm seeing Roo here more often , I'm thinking not so good.
                          We are all Chargers fans so I don't see why they wouldn't come here. I've belonged to about 4 or 5 different ones and left some of them too.
                          It's slow there - even for this time of year. There are things I like better about this board and things I like better over there. I've started to bounce back and forth. Good Charger fans on both boards. Overall, put these two boards together and it's still a lightweight compared to the CMB in it's heyday. The move chased of a lot of us and then closing the CMB wiped out some more.
                          THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

Working...
                          X