• Show
Clear All
  • Fleet
    TPB Founder
    • Jun 2013
    • Cardiff - Poipu
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bjoern View Post
    Hi to everybody from Munich/Germany. New to this forum, but an old Charger fan since 1992. The Bolts were actually my 1st team I saw live and it stuck ever since. I try to visit the US as often as possible but travelling to SD (or now LA) isn't that cheap on a regular basis... therefore Im reppin mainly our Bolts in front of the screen lol. Other than that, I am real happy to meet Charger fans from around the world and - most important - wishing the best to all of you and your families in these difficult times - stay safe and 'powder blue'.
    Great to have you Bjoern. Welcome to the Blues fam.

Comment

• Avaon Avante
      Registered Charger Fan
      • May 2020
      • Send PM

Old timer here, talking Tobin Rote old, love our Chargers and expecting the playoffs in 2020.

Comment

• Fleet
        TPB Founder
        • Jun 2013
        • Cardiff - Poipu
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Avaon Avante View Post
        Old timer here, talking Tobin Rote old, love our Chargers and expecting the playoffs in 2020.
        Haha welcome to the Blues Avaon. Quiet time of year for us. Good to have you.

Comment

• Avaon Avante
          Registered Charger Fan
          • May 2020
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post

Haha welcome to the Blues Avaon. Quiet time of year for us. Good to have you.
          Thank you sir, appreciate that!

Comment

• chargeroo
            Fan since 1961
            • Jan 2019
            • Oregon
            • Retired Manager/Pastor
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Avaon Avante View Post
            Aha, someone in my age group! Welcome - you'll enjoy it..
            THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Arsenal
              Bolt up ⚡️
              • Jun 2020
              • Send PM

Ayyy this is my first time doing these forums or groups for my team. Been lifelong fan since birth (you can literally find photos of me newborn in some SD gear ) was out of touch with the nfl for a lil while but came back a few years ago and been wanting to get more involved in this community. Crazy to see something like this when I thought we had a very little fan base since the move. Anyways, if anybody has tips on being more vocal or just being around the community more plz hit me up. Bolt up ⚡️⚡️⚡️

Comment

• Fleet
                TPB Founder
                • Jun 2013
                • Cardiff - Poipu
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Arsenal View Post
                Ayyy this is my first time doing these forums or groups for my team. Been lifelong fan since birth (you can literally find photos of me newborn in some SD gear ) was out of touch with the nfl for a lil while but came back a few years ago and been wanting to get more involved in this community. Crazy to see something like this when I thought we had a very little fan base since the move. Anyways, if anybody has tips on being more vocal or just being around the community more plz hit me up. Bolt up ⚡️⚡️⚡️
                Good to have you bud. Welcome to the forum.

Comment

• IOM Bolt
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2020
                  • Send PM

Hi, I'm a 40 year old Chargers fan from the Isle of Man, which is a small island in the middle of the sea between Great Britain and Ireland (I'm almost certainly the only Chargers fan in the country!). I first started watching the NFL as a kid in the late 80's when it was first shown over here, and by the 90s I'd become a Charger fan. I don't have any particular reason why it was the Chargers, but for some reason it just felt right and they've been my team ever since. I was lucky enough to spend a week or so in San Diego as part of travelling around the US in 2004, and it became my favourite US city which made my connection to the Bolts even greater.

My favourite all-time player is LT, the most exciting RB I've ever watched. Also love Junior Seau and Rivers too. Of the current group, I'm a big fan of Keenan Allen and also Derwin James (got his jersey at the moment, but need an upgrade to the new one)

Following a West Coast team makes watching the games difficult sometimes with the 8 hour time difference, but I watch as many as I can if I can't watch then the score is the first thing I check when I wake up on a Monday morning. Waking up to a Bolts victory always starts my week off on the right foot. I will get over some day to watch a game, but for now I've had to make do with the London games; I've been to both of the Chargers games that have taken place at Wembley.

Assuming the season goes ahead as planned I've got reasonable hopes that it will be good one for us. Obviously a big transition at QB and it's an unknown who will be calling the signals at the end of the season, but defensively we're looking stacked which is always a great starting point. And we do have weapons on offense too, hopefully whoever is QB can make use of them. I can't see us having a better record than KC, but think a playoff berth isn't unrealistic if things go well.

Anyway thought I'd finally join a forum so I can talk more and hopefully learn more of you guys too. Hope you are all staying safe in these crazy times.

Comment

• Formula 21
                    The Future is Now
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Republic of San Diego
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by IOM Bolt View Post
                    Hi, I'm a 40 year old Chargers fan from the Isle of Man, which is a small island in the middle of the sea between Great Britain and Ireland (I'm almost certainly the only Chargers fan in the country!). I first started watching the NFL as a kid in the late 80's when it was first shown over here, and by the 90s I'd become a Charger fan. I don't have any particular reason why it was the Chargers, but for some reason it just felt right and they've been my team ever since. I was lucky enough to spend a week or so in San Diego as part of travelling around the US in 2004, and it became my favourite US city which made my connection to the Bolts even greater.

My favourite all-time player is LT, the most exciting RB I've ever watched. Also love Junior Seau and Rivers too. Of the current group, I'm a big fan of Keenan Allen and also Derwin James (got his jersey at the moment, but need an upgrade to the new one)

Following a West Coast team makes watching the games difficult sometimes with the 8 hour time difference, but I watch as many as I can if I can't watch then the score is the first thing I check when I wake up on a Monday morning. Waking up to a Bolts victory always starts my week off on the right foot. I will get over some day to watch a game, but for now I've had to make do with the London games; I've been to both of the Chargers games that have taken place at Wembley.

Assuming the season goes ahead as planned I've got reasonable hopes that it will be good one for us. Obviously a big transition at QB and it's an unknown who will be calling the signals at the end of the season, but defensively we're looking stacked which is always a great starting point. And we do have weapons on offense too, hopefully whoever is QB can make use of them. I can't see us having a better record than KC, but think a playoff berth isn't unrealistic if things go well.

Anyway thought I'd finally join a forum so I can talk more and hopefully learn more of you guys too. Hope you are all staying safe in these crazy times.
                    Welcome aboard. You sound like a great fan.

And I look forward to getting to the Isle of Man some day.
                    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                    The Wasted Decade is done.
                    Build Back Better.

Comment

• Fleet
                      TPB Founder
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Cardiff - Poipu
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by IOM Bolt View Post

Great to have you aboard buddy. Welcome to the Blues.

Comment

• SaintDwayne
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • May 2020
                        • Send PM

Hi, new member and full disclosure, not necessarily a Chargers fan but a huge Drew Brees fan. Hoping some long-time Charger fan (or fans) can help me acquire some older home game tickets (full or stubs) of games that Drew played in from 2001 to 2005. Thanks for looking and I hope to hear back from someone soon. (dhanberry@scacsports.com).

Comment

• Fleet
                          TPB Founder
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Cardiff - Poipu
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by SaintDwayne View Post
                          Hi, new member and full disclosure, not necessarily a Chargers fan but a huge Drew Brees fan. Hoping some long-time Charger fan (or fans) can help me acquire some older home game tickets (full or stubs) of games that Drew played in from 2001 to 2005. Thanks for looking and I hope to hear back from someone soon. (dhanberry@scacsports.com).
                          Welcome to the Blues. Do you have a twitter account? I might be able to request these from my followers.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡
                          👍