• Show
Clear All
  • Fleet 1
    TPB Founder
    • Jun 2013
    • Kauai
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Wolvierah1 View Post
    We have a lot of core players that are generational. We need backups that are #1 ' s on otherr teams. I know how hard to do. But with the cap space we have we can at least bring in 2
    Need to get you in the main charger forum buddy. lol Nobody reads football takes in the members section.

Comment

• AL9000
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jan 2022
      • San Diego, CA
      • Send PM

First post here. I'm from San Diego so the Chargers have always been in my backyard. I lived by Qualcomm stadium for several years in Kearny Mesa and went to several games there. After being a Raiders fan for the past 30+ years and always closely following the AFC West, I've "jumped ship" as they say. Grew up a huge Bo Jackson fan as a kid so I naturally became a Los Angeles Raiders fan but honestly without Al Davis around and now not even being in California anymore, the attachment to the team wore more and more thin with each passing season. I finally decided to end my Raiders fandom with their recent hiring of Josh McDaniels and the Patriots front office people. If there's one team I can't stand more than the Chiefs, it's the Patriots. Enough was enough.

Never thought I'd be able to switch teams. It's going to be weird for me for a bit, but the Chargers are the only other team I've ever really kept up on. As a graphic designer, I love the Charger branding and I've always thought the powder blues are the best looking uniforms in the league. Most other teams fans won't admit that (especially Raiders fans) but I can tell you many of them feel this way. As you can see from my avatar, there's one strong connection to this team for me as a former Raiders fan and that is Al Davis started his coaching career with the Chargers. I also know he is the one who got Lance Alworth to sign with the team. I'm big on team history obviously, but I'm equally as excited about this team right now and its future, especially with #10 being the face of the franchise. I'm looking forward to meeting all of you and talking Chargers past, present and future!

Comment

• Bolt-O
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by AL9000 View Post
        First post here. I'm from San Diego so the Chargers have always been in my backyard. I lived by Qualcomm stadium for several years in Kearny Mesa and went to several games there. After being a Raiders fan for the past 30+ years and always closely following the AFC West, I've "jumped ship" as they say. Grew up a huge Bo Jackson fan as a kid so I naturally became a Los Angeles Raiders fan but honestly without Al Davis around and now not even being in California anymore, the attachment to the team wore more and more thin with each passing season. I finally decided to end my Raiders fandom with their recent hiring of Josh McDaniels and the Patriots front office people. If there's one team I can't stand more than the Chiefs, it's the Patriots. Enough was enough.

Never thought I'd be able to switch teams. It's going to be weird for me for a bit, but the Chargers are the only other team I've ever really kept up on. As a graphic designer, I love the Charger branding and I've always thought the powder blues are the best looking uniforms in the league. Most other teams fans won't admit that (especially Raiders fans) but I can tell you many of them feel this way. As you can see from my avatar, there's one strong connection to this team for me as a former Raiders fan and that is Al Davis started his coaching career with the Chargers. I also know he is the one who got Lance Alworth to sign with the team. I'm big on team history obviously, but I'm equally as excited about this team right now and its future, especially with #10 being the face of the franchise. I'm looking forward to meeting all of you and talking Chargers past, present and future!
        Welcome to the Light, and the Powder Blues.

Comment

• Formula 21
          The Future is Now
          • Jun 2013
          • Republic of San Diego
          • Send PM

Welcome aboard. Great post too.
          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
          The Wasted Decade is done.
          Build Back Better.

Comment

• Fleet 1
            TPB Founder
            • Jun 2013
            • Kauai
            • Send PM

Welcome. Great to have you. BOLT UP!!!!!!

Comment

• BlazingBolt
              SLAM DUNK!
              • Jun 2013
              • East County San Diego
              • Bolt fanatic
              • Send PM

Love seeing new fans gravitate towards the lightning bolt, even better when we can steal a good one from the Raider nation haha
              migrated from chargerfans.net then the thenflforum.com then here

Comment

• Charger Royal Blue
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Mar 2022
                • Philadelphia, Pa.
                • U.S. ARMY Veteran, currently working for state government.
                • Send PM

Hello fellow Bolts fans. Its a new membership for me here. But been a fan of the Chargers going back to the early 80's. Im in love with defense, and my favorite player back then was Louie Kelcher. Even though it was the end of his playing days, another player came along to focus on, Billy Ray Smith, and then cam along Junior Seau. And so on. Love the dark blue uniforms of the past and the alternate dark blue of the current uniform. I think a Super Bowl is on our horizon, can't you feel it ?
                Last edited by Charger Royal Blue; 03-07-2022, 12:21 PM.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                  Administrator
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Charger Royal Blue View Post
                  Hello fellow Bolts fans. Its a new membership for me here. But been a fan of the Chargers going back to the early 80's. Im in love with defense, and my favorite player back then was Louie Kelcher. Even though it was the end of his playing days, another player came along to focus on, Billy Ray Smith, and then cam along Junior Seau. And so on. Love the dark blue uniforms of the past and the alternate dark blue of the current uniform. I trhink a Super Bowl is on our horizon, can't you feel it ?
                  Welcome to the Powder Blues, enjoy!

Comment

• Formula 21
                    The Future is Now
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Republic of San Diego
                    • Send PM

Hello fellow Bolts fans. Its a new membership for me here. But been a fan of the Chargers going back to the early 80's. Im in love with defense, and my favorite player back then was Louie Kelcher. Even though it was the end of his playing days, another player came along to focus on, Billy Ray Smith, and then cam along Junior Seau. And so on. Love the dark blue uniforms of the past and the alternate dark blue of the current uniform. I trhink a Super Bowl is on our horizon, can't you feel it ?
                    Welcome aboard.
                    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                    The Wasted Decade is done.
                    Build Back Better.

Comment

• Fleet 1
                      TPB Founder
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Kauai
                      • Send PM

Hello fellow Bolts fans. Its a new membership for me here. But been a fan of the Chargers going back to the early 80's. Im in love with defense, and my favorite player back then was Louie Kelcher. Even though it was the end of his playing days, another player came along to focus on, Billy Ray Smith, and then cam along Junior Seau. And so on. Love the dark blue uniforms of the past and the alternate dark blue of the current uniform. I think a Super Bowl is on our horizon, can't you feel it ?
                      Great to have you. Welcome.

Comment

• Jack Murphy
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Apr 2022
                        • Send PM

Long time lurker…finally decided to step into the fray. Been a fan since my ‘84 Fouts poster on my wall growing up in Escondido. Tried to break up with the Bolts on the LA move, but I just can’t quit em. Anyway, looking forward to having some great discussions with all the Chargers TPB veterans here. Good feeling about ‘22…..

Comment

• Bolt-O
                          Administrator
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Jack Murphy View Post
                          Long time lurker…finally decided to step into the fray. Been a fan since my ‘84 Fouts poster on my wall growing up in Escondido. Tried to break up with the Bolts on the LA move, but I just can’t quit em. Anyway, looking forward to having some great discussions with all the Chargers TPB veterans here. Good feeling about ‘22…..
                          Welcome!

Comment

Working...
                          X