Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post

Yes it was Thenflforum.com

From what i remember he disappeared a couple years prior to our move to this new forum. So before 2013? I think he might have passed between 2011-2013? Thats too bad. I actually remember him. I think he was also an ESPN guy. Thats where i got my start.
    Lol wtf i said nflnetwork? Lol...yes I meant nflforum. Good thing you know what I meant.

Anyways sad to see some of our forum fam passing on.

Comment

• Fleet
      TPB Founder
      • Jun 2013
      • Cardiff - Poipu
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Lol wtf i said nflnetwork? Lol...yes I meant nflforum. Good thing you know what I meant.

Anyways sad to see some of our forum fam passing on.
      Yes i speak the language of most of my members. lol But im really really fluent in your language.

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Yes i speak the language of most of my members. lol But im really really fluent in your language.
        I really need to be on the PC a lot more often. Im terrible with the mobile devices. I'm seriously editing 97% of everything I type.... when I notice it's messed up lol
        ​​​​

Comment

• Fleet
          TPB Founder
          • Jun 2013
          • Cardiff - Poipu
          • Send PM

I really need to be on the PC a lot more often. Im terrible with the mobile devices. I'm seriously editing 97% of everything I type.... when I notice it's messed up lol
          ​​​​
          You know in all my years of being a forum owner or user i dont think i have more than 5 posts from a mobil device. I really only post or use my forums when im online at home.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

You know in all my years of being a forum owner or user i dont think i have more than 5 posts from a mobil device. I really only post or use my forums when im online at home.
            It probably stems from working away from home for over three years and I didn't have a PC with me so I got used to just using the phone and tablet. Hec it's been longer than that. More like six,... on and off.

Comment

• Fleet
              TPB Founder
              • Jun 2013
              • Cardiff - Poipu
              • Send PM

It probably stems from working away from home for over three years and I didn't have a PC with me so I got used to just using the phone and tablet. Hec it's been longer than that. More like six,... on and off.
              Definitely. I see major activity here from mobil devices. I think many are posting from work or away from home. We used to be on Tapatalk. This new software was supposed to make the mobile version better. It looks better to me. But im not sure how it functions. Is it goof for you man?

Comment

• chargeroo
                Fan since 1961
                • Jan 2019
                • Oregon
                • Retired Manager/Pastor
                • Send PM

Agree, I thought he was awkward at first but we found a common ground and messaged back and forth sometimes. I'd send him pics as he liked cigars and I have a decent sized humidor at home. Still do but don't have them very often as I did.
                Do you remember his story about his outhouse? He actually built a new house but decided not to have a toilet in the house so he built and outhouse in back of the house. He did march to a different drummer. Shamrock really got a kick out of his funny posts and labeled them "fooberisms". By the way, his name was Jon - he had a cat he called foober.

THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Fleet
                  TPB Founder
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Cardiff - Poipu
                  • Send PM

I miss Shamrock. I remember when i caught a snake in my house and he asked members at the CMB what type of snake it was. Turned into a big discussion. Nobody at the NFLF knew what it was. And those OT threads did quite well at the CMB.

Where is Shamrock these days?

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
                    Do you remember his story about his outhouse? He actually built a new house but decided not to have a toilet in the house so he built and outhouse in back of the house. He did march to a different drummer. Shamrock really got a kick out of his funny posts and labeled them "fooberisms". By the way, his name was Jon - he had a cat he called foober.
                    Now that you mention it, i do remember the outhouse lol. Yeah, that was different.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

I miss Shamrock. I remember when i caught a snake in my house and he asked members at the CMB what type of snake it was. Turned into a big discussion. Nobody at the NFLF knew what it was. And those OT threads did quite well at the CMB.

Where is Shamrock these days?
                      Shammy is still on Twitter (@Shamrock_Dan) but mostly just posts about the bad ref calls that I see lol. He has even slowed that down this past season.
                      He is pretty much a farmer so maybe he got busier than usual. He has cattle he raises.
                      Last edited by Boltjolt; 06-11-2019, 04:36 PM.

Comment

• chargeroo
                        Fan since 1961
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Oregon
                        • Retired Manager/Pastor
                        • Send PM

Shammy is still on Twitter (@Shamrock_Dan) but mostly just posts about the bad ref calls that I see lol. He has even slowed that down this past season.
                        He is pretty much a farmer so maybe he got busier than usual. He has cattle he raises.
                        LOL - Shammy has always been harsh on the refs. I used to tell him - complaints, complaints, all I get is complaints.

He drives an 18 wheeler in Texas - he does some sort of hauling for the oil industry down there. The cattle raising is a supplemental income thing.

I don't expect to be posting in these forums after this season. I'm almost 84 now and my memory is slipping. As a result, I'm not nearly as knowledgeable as I once was.
                        It's almost time to just become a reader. I've already lived longer than I ever expected too so giving it up will not be a big loss.
                        THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Fleet
                          TPB Founder
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Cardiff - Poipu
                          • Send PM

Yea i sent him a tweet and he responded. Miss that guy. Maybe he shows up just to say hi. That would be very cool.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡
                          👍