• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamrock
    lawyers, guns and money
    • Sep 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by SYB View Post

Yep. Joel was a complete ghost and left those asshats to do their own thing, and "Father" Tom ran with it and squeezed out mods that didn't fall in line and replaced them with yes men. And in doing so, turned that place into a fucking Disney themed graveyard. It's beyond hilarious that he would start another site with the same chucklefucks calling the shots, with their same overly restrictive rules. Glad that I stumbled across this place.

Are you still comparing every undersized OLB to Manny Lawson?
    Good to see SYB in the house. That alone will raise the level of dialogue in here. I believe SYB was the first to tout Ty Will back when he was a UDFA. Now he's poised to cash in. Props on that good call

Comment

• Xenos
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Yep. I have some very strong opinions and have ever been shy with sharing them. However, in 12+ years and 21k+ posts on that board, I had 2 minor bans. 1 for typing "effing" and the other for calling one of the usual trolls a 'tard. Oh yeah, and 1 voluntary self ban my rookie year, before I realized just how annoying the BHC was.
      I only got banned once and it was because it dealt with something too political. You shouldn't have gotten banned for typing "effing".

Comment

• Fleet
        TPB Founder
        • Jun 2013
        • Cardiff - Poipu
        • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Good to see SYB in the house. That alone will raise the level of dialogue in here. I believe SYB was the first to tout Ty Will back when he was a UDFA. Now he's poised to cash in. Props on that good call
        Sweet. Thats what i want here. I want football minds. I want to learn. I think thats the beauty of this forum. I know for me personally this community has taught me a lot. And like to think i have done some teaching as well. Iron sharpens iron.

Comment

• SYB
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Mar 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post

You know i think running the digital media department was probably demanding in its own right. I cant really get involved with something i know very little about. But i was appreciative of what he had to say to me.

He opened up about a lot of stuff regarding that forum. But thats between he and i.

Just curious how do you feel about this forum and the way i run things.

Because ill be the first to tell you...if you dnt like something...come to me. Im here for you. Ill listen to you. How can i help?
          I don't want to come off as trashing Joel, just laying out the facts as they've been told to me. I even know a funny story about how he completely overreacted to one of the mods trying to contact him via Twitter, since they could never reach him through the normal means.

As far as this place goes, I lurked for a couple of weeks before signing up. And I pulled the trigger because I liked what I saw in the quality of posts/posters (some I remember from the good old days) and the lack of stringent rules.

And as I mentioned in my previous post, I'm opinionated AF and have zero problem with sharing those opinions. So if I think I could offer some sort of idea on what can help things be better, I won't hesitate. But having said that, thanks for what you've done here. This board looks to have a lot of promise so far.

Comment

• Fleet
            TPB Founder
            • Jun 2013
            • Cardiff - Poipu
            • Send PM

I don't want to come off as trashing Joel, just laying out the facts as they've been told to me. I even know a funny story about how he completely overreacted to one of the mods trying to contact him via Twitter, since they could never reach him through the normal means.

As far as this place goes, I lurked for a couple of weeks before signing up. And I pulled the trigger because I liked what I saw in the quality of posts/posters (some I remember from the good old days) and the lack of stringent rules.

And as I mentioned in my previous post, I'm opinionated AF and have zero problem with sharing those opinions. So if I think I could offer some sort of idea on what can help things be better, I won't hesitate. But having said that, thanks for what you've done here. This board looks to have a lot of promise so far.
            Right on man. I appreciate the input.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
              Smooth Operation
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
              I really want to keep from attacking other forums. Other admins and moderators. I know some of you had bad experiences. But i recently was pulled into some drama at that forum and i just dont want to be the type of forum that does that. So many of those guys are great. We all have styles and rules. We all moderate differently. I cant say whether a person is good or bad etc just through my online interactions. But i dont want to be the type of admin that allows a bunch of personal attacks on former members or members from another forum. Its bad mojo for me. It affects my personal energy. And karma.

Lets focus on welcoming and celebrating our new members. This forums rebirth.

Lets build up this fucking community and make it badass together. Let those resentments die. Let focus on us.

And for the record regarding Joel. I have never recieved a more heartfelt message from anyone online. Ever. That guy cares about Charger fans. Yes he did have to give those admins their reign there. That Charger Digital Team has been putting in massive hours. They are #1 for a reason. I know he cared about that forum.

I think ultimately Joel was simply trying to tell me he appreciates the way i run this forum. And honestly....after putting in the hours for this community over the last 20 years...on my dime...him telling me that made me tear up. It meant so much to me.
              I see stuff being said here that I agree with, and stuff being said that I disagree with.
              My nose is right in the middle of a lot of this.

'78's stuff was before my time.
              It does seem kinda chickenshit to not honor an online bet.
              It was just an avi bet.
              But let go, man...for your own sake.
              I just decided yesterday that I have to forgive this asswipe in my real life.
              What a rush of energy I have now.

SYB. I still hope to share a bowl of birria de chivo with you some day.
              That was a cool offer.
              And my company's business office is in Henderson.

I can say that, online, even amongst all of us, with so much in common, things can go off the rails.

We--and I include myself--must not make talking Charger football online our psychotherapy.

The best idea is, as stated by the founder of this board, is to experience the power of forgiveness,
              and start fresh.

The Chargers are about ready to kick some ass.

BTW, it was Ricky Henne's call not joelbolt's.
              We do not play modern football.

Comment

• SYB
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Mar 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Thanks for the kind words. I don't think that I was the first, but I was on him early and one of the most vocal. I've been lucky enough to call at least one of their UDFA signings since Seyi.
                Last edited by SYB; 03-12-2019, 04:58 PM.

Comment

• SYB
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Mar 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

I see stuff being said here that I agree with, and stuff being said that I disagree with.
                  My nose is right in the middle of a lot of this.

'78's stuff was before my time.
                  It does seem kinda chickenshit to not honor an online bet.
                  It was just an avi bet.
                  But let go, man...for your own sake.
                  I just decided yesterday that I have to forgive this asswipe in my real life.
                  What a rush of energy I have now.

SYB. I still hope to share a bowl of birria de chivo with you some day.
                  That was a cool offer.
                  And my company's business office is in Henderson.

I can say that, online, even amongst all of us, with so much in common, things can go off the rails.

We--and I include myself--must not make talking Charger football online our psychotherapy.

The best idea is, as stated by the founder of this board, is to experience the power of forgiveness,
                  and start fresh.

The Chargers are about ready to kick some ass.

BTW, it was Ricky Henne's call not joelbolt's.
                  I recall the avi bet and Gooey welching, it was chicken shit, but sadly unsurprising.

Well, it was Birria de Res, and the offer is still there if you find yourself out here. Haven't made a batch in forever, fuck that sounds good right now.

Funny about Henne. Did he shut it down because he was so tired of dealing with the "where the fuck is Joel?" inquiries?

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                    Smooth Operation
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

I recall the avi bet and Gooey welching, it was chicken shit, but sadly unsurprising.

Well, it was Birria de Res, and the offer is still there if you find yourself out here. Haven't made a batch in forever, fuck that sounds good right now.

Funny about Henne. Did he shut it down because he was so tired of dealing with the "where the fuck is Joel?" inquiries?
                    Ah birria de res. Beef not goat. Awesome.

Pure speculation. I believe Ricky shut it down because of insecurities...maybe a Napoleon complex.

I had some sharp comments for these characters elsewhere...time for me to let go.

Now about La'el...

Comment

• SYB
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Mar 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Ah birria de res. Beef not goat. Awesome.

Pure speculation. I believe Ricky shut it down because of insecurities...maybe a Napoleon complex.

I had some sharp comments for these characters elsewhere...time for me to let go.

Now about La'el...

I will only discuss La'el if you have figured out what "hindsight" truly is. :rasta:

Comment

• Fleet
                        TPB Founder
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Cardiff - Poipu
                        • Send PM

I wish i knew more about you guys from that forum. Like if there was a book i would read it. lol I wish Gocharge would show up. Thats a childhood friend.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                          Smooth Operation
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

I will only discuss La'el if you have figured out what "hindsight" truly is. :rasta:
                          Ha ha ha ha haha.

Show Your Bolts !!
                          It's you !!

Hindsight ?

According to Urban Dictionary,
                          hindsight is ...

"the universe rubbing your face in your own fuck up."

I hate that.

Comment

Working...
                          X