• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pacstud
    Black Belt Poster
    • Sep 2018
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Life View Post
    I feel people always misunderstood the mods/rules. I was banned multiple times from the CMB and each time I understood why. I've even been banned by ChargerTom who I have sent my custom flags and calendars from gameday giveaways to. Anytime I broke the rules I received a ban. It was in the rules that you can't just come online and venomously bash someone with no context. You had to give context and post like an adult. A lot of these people, but not all, that are complaining about being banned at one point would blow their top off and then play victim when they were banned. I too thought the CMB rules were a bit strict but I loved the people there. The past couple years I didn't put effort into my posts because I felt I was arguing with the same people in circles; I did not see the point of putting good time into it anymore. Maybe this place with reinvigorate me to put effort into posts when I'm not arguing with salty ex-fans on Twitter. I appreciate and like the new place CT set up but so far it feels like the same people. Although I highly respect all of their opinions and would invite them to my tailgate in Thunder Alley any game, I feel I know all of their opinions too well and we are mostly all too hard headed to change our opinions. I hope it grows a bit with users.
    B4L = Underrated football knowledge

I 100% agree on the circular arguing. I was AWOL for a solid 18 month stretch for the exact reasons you posted above. Between the two "new" boards we'll see if there's a new spark. I do essentially stay around for the people.

Comment

• FoutsFan
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Birmingham AL
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Life View Post
      I feel people always misunderstood the mods/rules. I was banned multiple times from the CMB and each time I understood why. I've even been banned by ChargerTom who I have sent my custom flags and calendars from gameday giveaways to. Anytime I broke the rules I received a ban. It was in the rules that you can't just come online and venomously bash someone with no context. You had to give context and post like an adult. A lot of these people, but not all, that are complaining about being banned at one point would blow their top off and then play victim when they were banned. I too thought the CMB rules were a bit strict but I loved the people there. The past couple years I didn't put effort into my posts because I felt I was arguing with the same people in circles; I did not see the point of putting good time into it anymore. Maybe this place with reinvigorate me to put effort into posts when I'm not arguing with salty ex-fans on Twitter. I appreciate and like the new place CT set up but so far it feels like the same people. Although I highly respect all of their opinions and would invite them to my tailgate in Thunder Alley any game, I feel I know all of their opinions too well and we are mostly all too hard headed to change our opinions. I hope it grows a bit with users.
      I would agree with you with one bone of contention. I was banned several times and most of them I heartily earned. They were almost all by Charger Tom. He made it personal though, once I made a comment using a quote from a politician in a non political way and he banned me for bringing in politics (okay it was a stretch but whatever), then once my ban was over I PM'ed him regarding another post similar to mine that he not only did not ban the other person he chimed in along with them. I asked him why I was banned and the other poster was not and he banned me again for bringing this up. LOL

Comment

• Xenos
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

I would agree with you with one bone of contention. I was banned several times and most of them I heartily earned. They were almost all by Charger Tom. He made it personal though, once I made a comment using a quote from a politician in a non political way and he banned me for bringing in politics (okay it was a stretch but whatever), then once my ban was over I PM'ed him regarding another post similar to mine that he not only did not ban the other person he chimed in along with them. I asked him why I was banned and the other poster was not and he banned me again for bringing this up. LOL
        Was your political comment conservative or liberal?

Comment

• jamrock
          lawyers, guns and money
          • Sep 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Good question. I think I know the answer

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Such a shame that place was over moderated. What a turd.
            But, he has his clik there now so probably won't be much banning going as it probably won't get many new people. Not that I care if they do or not. I just know I'm not joining there.
            Last edited by Boltjolt; 03-15-2019, 04:28 PM.
            11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia
            35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
            37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
            66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
            69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
            100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
            110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
            140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
            181 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Mississippi
            225 Josh Procter S-Ohio st ➡️ 253 Dwight McGlothern CB -Ar​

Comment

• shruggy
              shruggy was here
              • Dec 2018
              • Send PM

Why do I find this hilarious?

Probably because it is.

So you never did get an answer, huh?

Comment

• shruggy
                shruggy was here
                • Dec 2018
                • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

I think I know the answer
                Ditto.

Comment

• FoutsFan
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Birmingham AL
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by shruggy View Post

Why do I find this hilarious?

Probably because it is.

So you never did get an answer, huh?
                  The banning was the answer I think LOL. People seldom enjoy others pointing out double standards.

I DID earn the other bans though, it was nit picky but I did violate the rules.
                  Last edited by FoutsFan; 03-15-2019, 08:15 PM.

Comment

• FoutsFan
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Birmingham AL
                    • Send PM

I said to a point that I felt did not make much of a difference. "As Hillary Clinton once said, At this point what difference does it make?"

Pretty innocuous I thought, but I guess I was wrong.

Comment

• Xenos
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

I said to a point that I felt did not make much of a difference. "As Hillary Clinton once said, At this point what difference does it make?"

Pretty innocuous I thought, but I guess I was wrong.
                      Yeah....I didn't want to make assumptions but I'm not surprised by your answer. I understand the no politics thing, but Tom should have been fair to both sides.

Comment

• FoutsFan
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Birmingham AL
                        • Send PM

Yeah....I didn't want to make assumptions but I'm not surprised by your answer. I understand the no politics thing, but Tom should have been fair to both sides.
                        While I personally do not like mixing politics with sports a quote here or there where it is applicable is harmless but I do understand even a small political post can, as Ron Burgandy once said "That escalated quickly."

Comment

• pacstud
                          Black Belt Poster
                          • Sep 2018
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Such a shame that place was over moderated. What a turd.
                          But, he has his clik there now so probably won't be much banning going as it probably won't get many new people. Not that I care if they do or not. I just know I'm not joining there.
                          ClutteredWastefulCuscus-max-1mb.gif

Comment

Working...
                          X