• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Protect17
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Sep 2019
    • Send PM

I run hot a lot .My apolagies up front .I tend to focus on Oline and Coaching .I am always wanting this franchise to get a Super Bowl not for the team no!!! For you and me .I came here because I found out Top and Wood man is here .I think if you attract these type of people this is an outstanding site .Thankyou for a safe place that won't ban at the drop of a dime .I will lighten up now that I see just how much effort has put in for us here .Respect

Comment

• Fleet
      TPB Founder
      • Jun 2013
      • Cardiff - Poipu
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Protect17 View Post
      I run hot a lot .My apolagies up front .I tend to focus on Oline and Coaching .I am always wanting this franchise to get a Super Bowl not for the team no!!! For you and me .I came here because I found out Top and Wood man is here .I think if you attract these type of people this is an outstanding site .Thankyou for a safe place that won't ban at the drop of a dime .I will lighten up now that I see just how much effort has put in for us here .Respect
      Good to see you got into your account. Tired of the technical issues i have to deal with here. Enjoy yourself.

Comment

• Protect17
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Sep 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post

Good to see you got into your account. Tired of the technical issues i have to deal with here. Enjoy yourself.
        Fleet you sir are amazing !! You have created something very special here .Thankyou Fleet

Comment

• FatBoy
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2018
          • Send PM

I was Bolt635 at 1st on and then changed to pumpkinbolt at .com ... In Nashville for tomorrows game!

Comment

• Fleet
            TPB Founder
            • Jun 2013
            • Cardiff - Poipu
            • Send PM

Originally posted by FatBoy View Post
            I was Bolt635 at 1st on and then changed to pumpkinbolt at .com ... In Nashville for tomorrows game!
            Great to have you. Welcome. Lots of the CMB members are here with us.

Comment

• thorjr
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharger View Post

Glad to have you here, Jeff. I felt the same way at first. This team is part of my blood, so I wasn't able to give them up. The way I look at it is this. Los Angeles has lost 3 teams in the past. When the NFL and team ownership realizes that it's probably going to happen again, I believe the first place they'll look to fix it will be moving the team back to San Diego again. It happened with the Rams already. With the cost of living in Los Angeles, who is going to buy tickets for both teams? Who is going to buy tickets to see the Chargers, when the Rams already have an established fan base? It's only going to get magnified when they move into the same stadium together. Even if they end up not moving back to San Diego, I can't imagine rooting for another team - I moved to Oklahoma from San Diego in 2003. The favorites in this area are the Chiefs and the Cowboys. No thank you. LOL
              When it becomes super evident to the NFL that the move to LA was a major mistake they might take action. It is a total embarassment to the NFL and will only get worse when they play in a stadium that echos with tens of thousands of empty seat, and the ones that are filled willl be a majority of opposing team fans.
              I love the chargers, I HATE DEAN SPANOS. They have built a very special seat for him in hell.

The Rams own LA. Fight for LA? What a ridiculously stupid campaign slogan. Dean spanos is a moron who has accomplished NOTHING in his life except anger millions of people and strip the chargers from a winning team to now last place in the AFC west. He was handed the reins only because he was daddy's little boy. Everything in the charger organization is whimpy because it all starts at the top. Loser at the top creates loser attitude throughout the organization which translates into a last place team. Dean, please sell the chargers.

Comment

• Fleet
                TPB Founder
                • Jun 2013
                • Cardiff - Poipu
                • Send PM

Originally posted by thorjr View Post

When it becomes super evident to the NFL that the move to LA was a major mistake they might take action. It is a total embarassment to the NFL and will only get worse when they play in a stadium that echos with tens of thousands of empty seat, and the ones that are filled willl be a majority of opposing team fans.
                I love the chargers, I HATE DEAN SPANOS. They have built a very special seat for him in hell.

The Rams own LA. Fight for LA? What a ridiculously stupid campaign slogan. Dean spanos is a moron who has accomplished NOTHING in his life except anger millions of people and strip the chargers from a winning team to now last place in the AFC west. He was handed the reins only because he was daddy's little boy. Everything in the charger organization is whimpy because it all starts at the top. Loser at the top creates loser attitude throughout the organization which translates into a last place team. Dean, please sell the chargers.
                My question is what do you love more? Hating the owner? Or loving the Bolts? Because we all have ill will towards the family...but here at TPB? We want to talk about the team. I hope you have some input in that regards.

Welcome to the board.

Comment

• thorjr
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post

My question is what do you love more? Hating the owner? Or loving the Bolts? Because we all have ill will towards the family...but here at TPB? We want to talk about the team. I hope you have some input in that regards.

Welcome to the board.
                  I'm approaching 70. Have been an AFL, now AFC and charger fan since '61. I have figured out a couple of things I haven't heard anywhere else.
                  First, I became aware of how bad the organization was once Dean started taking control The more control he took, the worse the team became. Ironically, one of the reasons I moved back to SD 8 yrs ago, from LA, was because it would be easier to get to the games. I was living in LA and was a season ticket holder.
                  I realized after a while, one of the decisions by Dean that cause me to realize this was having Norf Turner and McCoy coach many years beyond what was needed to replace them. I was screaming on the charger forum to get rid of them for years, and was proven right. I lived through the absolute devastating debacles and embarrasments Dean put us through.
                  Examples, drafting the worst first round draft pic in history. Having the worst QB in history and letting go, FOR NOTHING, the most prolific passing QB in the history of the game
                  The 4th and 35 play where they allowed the opponent to get a 37 yard play.
                  Game lost when they had first and 1 yd to score and passed the ball 4 times when they have Melvin Gordon who was leading the league in TD's at that moment. And they failed to score. The absolute horrifically and embarrasing play of our special teams and kicking teams. The list goes on and on. You know what I'm talking about.
                  I started emotionally letting go of the team until I had completely cut the cord a year before they moved.
                  It gave me a very strong emotional relief when I no longer rooted for a team that was inept at best, horrific more often than not. It all starts from the top. "FIGHT FOR LA"? What an absolutely moronic slogan. Fight who? The Rams? You gonna lose that one, guaranteed. Who else? I don't know, its another head scratcher.
                  So now, when they embarrass themselves, I no longer suffer. I get no glee out of them losing, but I do have the satisfaction of knowing I dont have to suffer through the humiliation of their bungling games.

Sorry about the length, but I hope that clarifies. I will never root for anything attatched to Dean S. He has earned absolutely nothing in his life. He inheirited the team. He is a loser.
                  The other pov I have not heard elsewhere is why he moved. Self made billionaires like Jones, Kraft and other owners, including the one who is building the stadium that the chargers will be leasing, in other words, they will still be without a stadium of their own, the ONLY NFL team that can make that bold and proud statement, (sarcasm), look at him like the little boy who inheireted daddies team, like he did, and want him to go in the corner and be quiet while us big boys talk about important issues to the league.
                  So he figures if he moves to the second biggest market in the country, it will give him a seat with the big boys. Another failure and mis calculation of his. It got him nothing but embarrassment and proof of more bad decisions following playing in a small soccer stadium for three years.
                  I just hope someone else takes ownership in my lifetime so I can root ;for MY SAN DIEGO CHARGERS AGAIN.

Comment

• thorjr
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Protect17 View Post
                    i LIKE your post. I am in the same boat. You r right, WE r the team. Without the fan, pro sports would be worthless. We have been getting screwed by the leagues and players for years now.
                    They need a strong fans union. Anytime you have a large group of people who are not unionized, they will be powerless.
                    Workers had no power until they unionized. Players had no power until they unionized.
                    Owners are a small group, so they dont need a union.
                    USA is no 1 because they are the UNITED States of America. Union = united. In this era of the internet, someone needs to step up and make an effective fan union.

I, lol, got a one year ban for saying, o my gosh, bad things about dean spanos. I wasnt vulgar, just pointed out the truth. See my other post in this thread. Then it turned into a lifetime ban. Joke was on them when they decided to end the messages board LOL. Typical Dean Spanos, take away that which is good for the fans, even if I didnt like the mods, it still was good for many fans.

Take care.

Comment

• JPPT1974
                      April Showers and Easter
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Hello and welcome. Hope you are doing well. And really think that the team needs to have strong fans. And fans really do make or break you all!

Comment

Working...
                      X