• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blastttoff
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Sep 2020
    • Send PM

Chargers among teams that remain under 50% vaccinated

Two NFL teams remain under 50% vaccinated less than two weeks from the start of training camp, a person familiar with the vaccination rates told The Associated Press.

As for Friday, Washington and Indianapolis had the two lowest COVID-19 vaccination rates among the 32 teams in the league, according to the person who spoke to the AP on condition of anonymity because the league hasn’t released the numbers, which are changing daily.

Pittsburgh, Miami, Carolina and Denver have the highest vaccination rates and are among 10 teams that have achieved at least 85%. About 73% of players have been vaccinated. Teams on the lower end of the vaccination table face potential competitive disadvantages.

I’m with Irvin here. This concerns me about this team. Whether you’re pro vaccine or not, if Joey Bosa or Herbert miss two weeks, this team is toast.

• Boltgang74
    We Are The Storm!
    • Aug 2018
    • Send PM

Talkin about peoples physical health and well being possibly for the rest of their lives.If they are uncertain or dont trust Big Pharma's science they shouldnt be forced to take the experimental jab.If my work became such ninny bootlickers that they were gonna try and force this shit on me?Hell half of the workforce at my plant already said fuck em then run the place without us.Autonomy or you truly have no rights.Just my two cents on this subject.

Comment

• Sgt Schultz
      Bandwagon since 8/6/1960
      • Jun 2013
      • Palm Springs
      • I know nothing
      • Send PM

When I was a kid it was polio. Several kids at my little country grade school caught it. The results of the disease were not good, lots of crutches and kids that just disapeared.

The Salk Polio Vaccine: 'Greatest Public Health Experiment in History' - Consumer Health News | HealthDay

Comment

• TTThunder
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2013
        • Send PM

(I am Thai living in Bangkok, many here want to vaccinate badly but the vaccine hasn't come enough...)

Usually I think Irvin is a bit crazy, but I am agree with him on this...

Should I be concern if our team does not achieve 85%?

Go Bolts!!!

PS. If they are concern about the mRNA vaccine, there are other technology (but I am not sure it has passed US criteria or not). Here we have Sinovac and Astra, but many would like mRNA....

Comment

• Fleet
          TPB Founder
          • Jun 2013
          • Cardiff - Poipu
          • Send PM

Comment

• like54ninjas
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Oct 2017
            • Great White North
            • Draftnik
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
            That is a big deal and should be a motivating factor.
            My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
            K9
            Nasir
            Tillery
            Parham
            Reed

Comment

• wu-dai clan
              Smooth Operation
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

That is a big deal and should be a motivating factor.
              Nothing like peer pressure...
              You don't know ball

Comment

• Formula 21
                The Future is Now
                • Jun 2013
                • Republic of San Diego
                • Send PM

I saw a post the other day that said the vaccinated players should be exempt from marijuana testing. That will get some needles in arms.
                Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                The Wasted Decade is done.
                Build Back Better.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Oct 2017
                  • Great White North
                  • Draftnik
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
                  I saw a post the other day that said the vaccinated players should be exempt from marijuana testing. That will get some needles in arms.
                  If true the league would certainly have more sleeves up.
                  Cannabis is hardly a performance enhancer. Pain reliever/masker for certain but it rarely has helped me focus on details unless in regards to possibilities of wormholes, who’s the funniest comedian, or Hostess Ding Dongs.

MikeDub
                  K9
                  Nasir
                  Tillery
                  Parham
                  Reed

Comment

• like54ninjas
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Oct 2017
                    • Great White North
                    • Draftnik
                    • Send PM

Coaches getting canned for failure to get vaccinated.

Minnesota Vikings assistant coach Rick Dennison out after refusing COVID-19 vaccine, per report

Updated 4:27 pm EDT Jul. 23, 2021

Minnesota Vikings offensive line coach/run game coordinator Rick Dennison is out of a job after refusing the COVID-19 vaccine, ESPN's Courtney Cronin reported Friday.

The team will promote assistant offensive coach Phil Rauscher to replace Dennison. Minnesota also hired Auburn special teams analyst Ben Steele as an assistant to fill out its coaching staff.
                    Dennison has been with the Vikings for the past two seasons and would be the first NFL assistant coach to lose his job for refusal to take the vaccine.

"The Vikings continue to hold discussions with offensive line coach Rick Dennison regarding the NFL-NFLPA COVID-19 protocols for training camp and preseason games," the team said in a statement. "At this time, coach Dennison does not have an exemption to the vaccination requirements."

New England Patriots co-offensive line coach Cole Popovich will not return to the team this season in a decision related to the COVID-19 and the NFL's guidelines, ESPN reported later on Friday.
                    The NFL mandates that all Tier 1 staff get vaccinated. For those Tier 1 staff not vaccinated, they must get proof through medical or religious reasons to not get the vaccine.

Tier 1 staff are those in constant contact with players.

Dennison's split comes one day after the NFL sent a memo to all 32 teams saying the league would institute forfeits if a COVID-19 outbreak among unvaccinated players forced a game to be canceled during the regular season

MikeDub
                    K9
                    Nasir
                    Tillery
                    Parham
                    Reed

Comment

• like54ninjas
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Oct 2017
                      • Great White North
                      • Draftnik
                      • Send PM

If you’re a bubble player, a rotational guy, or spot starter, you’d better know your value to the team.
                      Costing your teammates paychecks and owner’s revenue will not be tolerated.

NFL threatens forfeits for teams with COVID-19 outbreak among unvaccinated players

Mike Jones
                      USA TODAY

With the full launch of training camps for all 32 teams just less than a week away, the NFL is intensifying its efforts to coax players into receiving COVID-19 vaccinations, laying out strict protocols that will penalize teams should a COVID-19 outbreak among unvaccinated players put the league's schedule in jeopardy.

In a memo issued to teams Thursday, the NFL said if a game is unable to be rescheduled during the 18-week regular-season window due to a COVID-19 outbreak among unvaccinated players, the team experiencing the outbreak will be forced to forfeit the game. That team also would be responsible for covering lost revenue from that game. Meanwhile, neither team's players would receive their weekly game checks.

“We do not anticipate adding a ‘19th week’ to accommodate games that cannot be rescheduled within the current 18 weeks of the regular season,” the league said.
                      This differs from last season, when contingency plans were made to use an 18th week to make up games canceled because of a COVID-19 outbreak. Ultimately, however, the extra week was not required and no contests were canceled, though the NFL did postpone more than a dozen games due to COVID-19 situations.

The NFL explained that all teams are expected to have their teams ready to play each week. The league acknowledges that in some cases, outbreaks are out of a squad’s control.

“If a club cannot play due to a Covid spike in vaccinated individuals, we will attempt to minimize the competitive and economic burden on both participating teams,” the memo said.

But the league will not apply the same leniency to teams with outbreaks among unvaccinated players.
                      The memo said NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell also has the right to impose further sanctions against any team that prompts a cancellation due to a COVID-19 outbreak among unvaccinated players.

The NFL and NFL Players Association have strongly urged team employees and players to receive vaccines, but the players have not officially been required to do so. The NFL, however, has incentivized getting the vaccine by establishing protocols that will permit vaccinated players to operate freely both at team facilities and away from their squads’ headquarters. Meanwhile, unvaccinated players still must adhere to strict protocols and can’t leave their rooms for meals while on road trips, among other restrictions.
                      Additionally, vaccinated players who test positive for COVID-19 but report as asymptomatic are permitted to return to duty after two negative tests within 24 hours of one another. Unvaccinated players must go through a 10-day isolation period before being permitted to return.

The NFL’s player body, which includes roughly 2,880 players, remains far from fully vaccinated, however. As of Thursday, 78% of players league-wide had received at least one vaccine, a league spokesperson told USA TODAY Sports. Fourteen teams have at least 85% of their players fully vaccinated

MikeDub
                      K9
                      Nasir
                      Tillery
                      Parham
                      Reed

Comment

• equivocation
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Apr 2021
                        • Send PM

According to Popper yesterday the Chargers are up to about 70% since the 50% report 6 weeks ago.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        😂
                        🥰
                        😘
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😞
                        😡
                        👍