X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Cancer Battle

Several months ago I shared the news that I have stage 4 lung cancer. At that time they told me I probably have six months left. Since then I've had ten radiation treatments and six Keytruda treatments. Today, I have much better news - I had a CT scan last Friday and the Oncology Doc called to tell me the tumors are "significantly smaller".
    I may be posting in here yet next year. Maybe I'll live long enough to see Herbert win a SB for our Chargers.
    Surprise us with a Super Bowl win!

Fantastic 'Roo.
    May the Keytruda immunotherapy bring maximum positive results for you, my brother.
    Staley.
    Genius ?

Comment

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
      Fantastic 'Roo.
      May the Keytruda immunotherapy bring maximum positive results for you, my brother.
      Thanks, Wood. It's sure helping - the coughing has stopped and the breathing is also a bit better.

Comment

This is truly fantastic news Roo!
        I am rooting for you buddy.

Comment

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post
          This is truly fantastic news Roo!
          I am rooting for you buddy.

Thanks for your well wished Ninja. I appreciate our friendship. Back in July they said I have about six months to live, now they are saying two years is possible. Modern medicine is wonderful.
          Twenty-three years ago my first wife died of lung cancer. It was seven months from the day she was diagnosed to the day she died She went through hell from the Chemo. Now, I get Keytruda dripped into my bloodstream every three weeks and I have no side effects, plus my outlook has changed for the better.

Comment

It's a gift that you're still here and alive. Everyone is not promised tomorrow. Hopefully you'll be in Heaven with Jesus, when God decides it's time to take you.

I hope the team, Chargers, go to the Super Bowl and even win it before it's your time to go. Everyone who has been through the struggles of the franchise and stuck with the team through the hard times deserve to see the team go all the way and win a championship.

Comment

Working...
            X