Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Cancer Battle

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • My Cancer Battle

    Several months ago I shared the news that I have stage 4 lung cancer. At that time they told me I probably have six months left. Since then I've had ten radiation treatments and six Keytruda treatments. Today, I have much better news - I had a CT scan last Friday and the Oncology Doc called to tell me the tumors are "significantly smaller".
    I may be posting in here yet next year. Maybe I'll live long enough to see Herbert win a SB for our Chargers.
    Surprise us with a Super Bowl win!

  • #2
    Fantastic 'Roo.
    May the Keytruda immunotherapy bring maximum positive results for you, my brother.
    Staley: Where's our Aaron Donald ?

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
      Fantastic 'Roo.
      May the Keytruda immunotherapy bring maximum positive results for you, my brother.
      Thanks, Wood. It's sure helping - the coughing has stopped and the breathing is also a bit better.
      Surprise us with a Super Bowl win!

      Comment


      • #4
        This is truly fantastic news Roo!
        I am rooting for you buddy.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post
          This is truly fantastic news Roo!
          I am rooting for you buddy.

          Thanks for your well wished Ninja. I appreciate our friendship. Back in July they said I have about six months to live, now they are saying two years is possible. Modern medicine is wonderful.
          Twenty-three years ago my first wife died of lung cancer. It was seven months from the day she was diagnosed to the day she died She went through hell from the Chemo. Now, I get Keytruda dripped into my bloodstream every three weeks and I have no side effects, plus my outlook has changed for the better.
          Surprise us with a Super Bowl win!

          Comment


          • #6
            It's a gift that you're still here and alive. Everyone is not promised tomorrow. Hopefully you'll be in Heaven with Jesus, when God decides it's time to take you.

            I hope the team, Chargers, go to the Super Bowl and even win it before it's your time to go. Everyone who has been through the struggles of the franchise and stuck with the team through the hard times deserve to see the team go all the way and win a championship.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
              Several months ago I shared the news that I have stage 4 lung cancer. At that time they told me I probably have six months left. Since then I've had ten radiation treatments and six Keytruda treatments. Today, I have much better news - I had a CT scan last Friday and the Oncology Doc called to tell me the tumors are "significantly smaller".
              I may be posting in here yet next year. Maybe I'll live long enough to see Herbert win a SB for our Chargers.
              I never saw this Roo. Though we discussed it privately. I just wanted to chime in. MOJO here is strong. Keep it up brother. You are loved.

              Comment


              • #8
                My prayers are with you, Roo.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Thanks Toccat,, I appreciate all your prayers. My breathing is still poor so I ask people to pray for improvement for that.
                  Surprise us with a Super Bowl win!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    This place brought me major mojo when I had my heart attack. So here’s mojo back to you, Roo. No one deserves it more than you.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      My prayers are with you, Roo.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Thanks to everyone for the kind words.
                        Here's the good news - it's January and they said I'd die by December. I praise Jesus for leading my doctors. I may be around by next January.
                        Surprise us with a Super Bowl win!

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X