Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gwynning_Spirit
    replied
    I go to Ono on Sunday, and chase this with a B-Vitamin tablet.
    BBQ_CHICKEN.png

Leave a comment:

• wu-dai clan
    replied
    GOL Raw Fit Plant Protein Powder.
    Fish oil.
    CoQ 10.
    PQQ.
    NAD w/Resveratrol.
    LEF Mix.
    Paradise ORAC Energy Greens.
    Shilajit.
    Chrysin.
    AMPK.
    Last edited by wu-dai clan; 03-01-2020, 03:46 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Coachmarkos
    replied
    I'm starting a thread in the Health and Fitness forum. Join in if you want to start getting fit, or if you are already fit, let us know what you're doing.

LINK To Thread Sign up!
    Last edited by Coachmarkos; 07-18-2019, 07:08 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Fleet
    replied
    Originally posted by Panamamike View Post

OIP. I strongly suggest hitting the pool for cardio, not running. as we age, running is very hard on the body and joints. Swimming is on of the best overall exercises one can do. Just my .02
    My ankle and calves were screaming after 3 miles today. I had to cut short. I cant wait to get a pool.

Leave a comment:

• Panamamike
    replied
    Something else I would like to say. Having not lived in North America for 15 years now, I am astonished, and not in a good way, at the portion sizes. One of the best ways to control your weight is to start using a side plate to curb your portions when at home. If you go out to eat, eat half of that monstrosity that is often served on a platter.

Fwiw, I am pushing 50 and weigh 3 lbs less than when I graduated high school (I had less than 4% body fat). I got heavy a few years back from eating and drinking too much. I cut down portion sizes and cut back on beer. I do not drink soda ( my 6 year old has never drank soda) and almost no added sugar. I quit smoking 3.5 years ago (ashamed I ever started, but was raised in a tobacco growing community and my mom smoked until her heart issues).I live on the third floor(16 stairs per floor) and I try not to use the elevator. My grocery store is a half mile away. I walk there for an almost daily shop and carry my groceries back (up hill all the way). I guess what I am trying to say is small things make for big changes and one doesn't need a gym to make a change.
    Last edited by Panamamike; 07-17-2019, 07:06 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Panamamike
    replied
    Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
    Where I live residents have free access to any of the 4 rec centers in the area. They all have full gyms, swimming pools, basketball courts and then each one has something that the other 4 don't. The one nearest me has an indoor soccer field. Another has 6 indoor and 5 outdoor tennis courts. etc...

I really have no excuse.
    OIP. I strongly suggest hitting the pool for cardio, not running. as we age, running is very hard on the body and joints. Swimming is on of the best overall exercises one can do. Just my .02

Leave a comment:

• Fleet
    replied
    steve carell lol GIF

Leave a comment:

• Coachmarkos
    replied
    Originally posted by richpjr View Post

I think we need to drug test Fleet and am guessing he'll be suspended from the boards for the first four games.
    busted michelle tanner GIF

Leave a comment:

• richpjr
    replied
    Originally posted by Coachmarkos View Post

My God. man! Just posting that photo is body shaming me! :sob:
    I think we need to drug test Fleet and am guessing he'll be suspended from the boards for the first four games.

Leave a comment:

• Fleet
    replied
    Originally posted by Coachmarkos View Post

Im not even close to that now. I hit 43 and just cratered. Mostly due to my liver not functioning like it once did. But now that im almost 50 and Bolt-O with the heart attack and im going to get ripped again. At least as much as i can. I used to diet and excercise and wake up with shedded pounds. Now when i do that i gain weight sometimes. lol

Leave a comment:

• Coachmarkos
    replied
    Originally posted by Fleet View Post

Ive done many kayak expeditions up and down the coast of Baja. Cortez side. Loredo to La Paz a few times. 10 Mile days. Sleeping on the beach. Living off the sea. Good times. My God i used to be big. Me at 40.

l_e19084a79601723ad0302ad6105ed766.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Coachmarkos
    replied
    Who's up for some sort of fitness related challenge?

Or maybe challenge is the wrong word?

Brotherhood? Accountability group?

Maybe just a thread in a forum (I suppose Off-Topic) should work.

-Back in the early 2000's I was running marathons and was a member of a couple different running forums. It was fun, and a great way to stay motivated.
    (sadly, those pretty much faded away with the spread of facebook)

My fitness level has gotten really poor the last few years, from where it was. I'm not saying I was ripped like Fleet (LOL). But I was always in pretty good condition.

I tried playing Basketball with my sons a few weeks ago (15 and 16). LOL. We played half court, and I just couldn't do anything.
    (Which also sucks when I serve as coach for both of them)

We just moved (not far, only about 20 miles, still in SoDak), and my health/fitness/diet has taken a nosedive.

I'm ready to get back in the game.

Be nice to do something like that with some people.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X
😀
😂
🥰
😘
🤢
😎
😞
😡
👍