First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oneinchpunch
    replied
    Originally posted by sandiego17 View Post
    Still going? Tried to up the frequency too soon, injuries suck.
    My Mom's memorial services and my dog dying kinda slowed me down. But I'm still getting in a few a week. Although I've been eating real bad so it's not much help. But running more and more each time

Leave a comment:

• Mister Hoarse
    replied
    Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
    My injuries were my feet. When I say ran 3 miles it was more of a slow jog. I want to make sure my feet can handle it first. Plus they have to carry a lot more weight than they did pre-injury
    Been working since may with a stress fracture in my heel. Gonna be wearing "the dreaded boot" once work slows down in about a month or so. Tightness in calf area and achilles, with aggravation to existing plantar condition as well.

Any suggestions for rehab/atrophy control once I'm no longer walking and biking on it?
    I'll take your answers of the air...

Leave a comment:

• sandiego17
    replied
    Still going? Tried to up the frequency too soon, injuries suck.

Leave a comment:

• oneinchpunch
    replied
    My injuries were my feet. When I say ran 3 miles it was more of a slow jog. I want to make sure my feet can handle it first. Plus they have to carry a lot more weight than they did pre-injury

Leave a comment:

• sandiego17
    replied
    Three days a week, I think, is perfect to start, but my advise is to be careful and two days in between, not that I follow my own advise! There are great running apps you can download if you want a regimented starting program (couch to 5k, couch to 10K types). I tried to follow Den's advice (a much faster and accomplished runner than I can be) and its worked well so far coming back from injuries (mostly foot/ankle, indoor soccer related.) Itching to really up the mileage back to pre injury days, but I. will. stay. patient.

Leave a comment:

• oneinchpunch
    replied
    Originally posted by sandiego17 View Post
    If you're getting back into running, I would strongly suggest not running back to back or even with only one days rest. I would give it at least two. No rush getting back into running, it'll come unless you push it.
    Yeah, I ran tues and then last night. My plan is 3 days a week right now. The other days are more squats/lunges type of workouts

Leave a comment:

• sandiego17
    replied
    If you're getting back into running, I would strongly suggest not running back to back or even with only one days rest. I would give it at least two. No rush getting back into running, it'll come unless you push it.

Leave a comment:

• oneinchpunch
    replied
    3 miles yesterday. Didn't hurt as bad.

Leave a comment:

• oneinchpunch
    replied
    Ran for the first time in over a year. Only 2 miles. No foot pain today which is the biggest plus. But man am I outta shape

Leave a comment:

• Fleet
    replied
    I can max 100 push ups after doing them now for many years. Keep it up guys. I dont do sets of 100 but i know i can max that.

Leave a comment:

• Coachmarkos
    replied
    I'm doing "the Plank Challenge" as well, but not hers, it's a different one my wife gave me.

Doing the plank each night, then the pushups.

It's been good.

Leave a comment:

• oneinchpunch
    replied
    I'm on day 5. Doing the ab and push-up challenge as well as day 5 of her 30 days of change.

Day 5 of these is easy. Day 15 of all of them is going to suck

Leave a comment:

Working...
X