Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coachmarkos
    replied
    I'm through Day 15 of the 30 day pushup challenge. It wasn't easy last night.

But, halfway there, and feeling pretty confident in 2 weeks I'll be able to do 50.

Leave a comment:

• Fleet
    replied
    Thats sweet. I just hate having to go somewhere for my workout. I can see how having little kids would make that tough though.

Leave a comment:

• oneinchpunch
    replied
    Where I live residents have free access to any of the 4 rec centers in the area. They all have full gyms, swimming pools, basketball courts and then each one has something that the other 4 don't. The one nearest me has an indoor soccer field. Another has 6 indoor and 5 outdoor tennis courts. etc...

I really have no excuse.

Leave a comment:

• Fleet
    replied
    I remember in 2005 i went through my divorce and started doing push-ups again. I could only do reps of 20 when i first started. I had always been into lifting weights so i thought push ups would be easy. I really struggled as i was pretty heavy from being married and not caring so much about my physique. By the end of 30 days i was able to do over 50 push-ups. My dips went from 10 unassisted dips to over 30 per rep. And the change in my upper body was pretty amazing. Over that time as i dieted and lost weight the more i was able to push-up and dip. Obviously because i was getting stronger and losing weight. I found that the cardio aspect of the workout was way different than just sitting there pushing up plates. If you own a treadmill its great to circuit (50 push ups...25 dips...run half mile....50 push-ups...25 dips...walk half mile full incline....50 push-ups....25 dips....run half mile...50 push-ups....25 dips....walk half mile full incline)

When you can reach that regimen your in pretty good shape. Its all i do and have maintained my physique for over 8 years. If i gain weight it just gets me bigger muscle wise as im lifing more weight. I like to put on wight in the winter and then cut in the summer. But it dosnt matter what my weight is i still do the same exact routine. That circuit i run every other day and then do light cardio and arms on my home gym on the off days. But i could do my arms with kettle bells alone if i needed to.

For dips i use a Triceptor system. You can also do push-ups on it. Its cheap.

Leave a comment:

• oneinchpunch
    replied
    Day 1 sucked

Leave a comment:

• Fleet
    replied
    Push ups and dips are my 2 main workouts. I do probably 500 pushups and 200 unassisted dips every other day. Then i do cardio on the other days. Im 43 but am more cut up than most 20 and 30 year olds. lol. Im not trying to sound concieted....i just think that push ups are the best thing out there.

Leave a comment:

• oneinchpunch
    replied
    I printed off a bunch of those started the push-up and plank this morning

Leave a comment:

• oneinchpunch
    replied
    Awesome. Thanks. I printed up a ton of workouts. I try this as well.

Start tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• Coachmarkos
    replied
    She is on twitter as well. (just discovered that, myself)

Leave a comment:

• Coachmarkos
    replied
    Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
    What's 30 days to 50 push-ups?

This Girl on Google+, Neila Rey, She posts all these different workouts and stuff. She keeps them all on her site.

I'm not sure of her credentials or anything...but I like her workouts...she has a HUGE amount of free fitness stuff on her site.
    2100+ FREE workouts, fitness programs, monthly challenges and training guides.

Leave a comment:

• oneinchpunch
    replied
    What's 30 days to 50 push-ups?

Leave a comment:

• Coachmarkos
    replied
    currently doing the 30 days to 50 pushups thing...it's kinda fun.

I was running really good this summer, but kind of let things go during CC season. Just starting to go 3-4 times a week again.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X