First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Caslon
    replied
    Originally posted by Charged4Life View Post
    Oh boy. I just got some Gaba-Pentin recently and it's doing the job. Greatly curbs my anxiety and over-reactivity. It is the same as Neurontin (the anti-seizure med).
    I still have some leftover Klonopin (also an anti-seizure drug) which has a side effect of calming anxiety. That stuff is potent! Only 0.5mg to take the edge off and make me sleepy. I only use it occasionally. I once used it too much and had some wierd side effects. Could not keep anything down (except some fruit) for a week, and when I moved my vision from side to side...it kept on going. The doctor prescribing that over prescribed the daily dosage. I can understand the higher dosage for those with seizures, but not for just taking the edge off. It didn't help having a couple of rum and cokes each evening and taking Klonopin for insomnia.
    Last edited by Caslon; 07-31-2019, 10:08 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Charged4Life
    replied
    Originally posted by Fleet View Post

Yeah its the same thing. Ive tried it. Its becoming really popular for anxiety.
    I remember taking Neurontin 15-20 years ago at least and I didn't notice any difference. Now it's a different story. Not quite a panacea though. But some days I don't get enough sleep so it might just be that. But it helps.

Leave a comment:

• Fleet
    replied
    Oh boy. I just got some Gaba-Pentin recently and it's doing the job. Greatly curbs my anxiety and over-reactivity. It is the same as Neurontin (the anti-seizure med).
    Yeah its the same thing. Ive tried it. Its becoming really popular for anxiety.

Leave a comment:

• Charged4Life
    commented on 's reply
    Good!

• Mister Hoarse
    replied
    Still keeping off the 50 plus lbs I lost last year. Diet modifications and moderate excercise is all it took

Leave a comment:

• Charged4Life
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Charged4Life
    replied

Its best for sleep. Your better off trying a sublingual GABA and taking it as needed. I like GABA Calm or Superior Source. Its close to as relaxing.
    Funny you mention GABA. I once submitted a saliva sample for neurotransmitter testing and it found my GABA levels very low. I believe that happens when you have high levels of cortisol - which I do. Anyhow, thank you for mentioning GABA in the sublingual form. I suppose that method of delivery has the highest absorption rate - and the least pissed out rate. lol Right?

I just found some old GABA capsules (500 mg's.). I'm not sure why I stopped taking it. I'm going to look up the sublingual variety.. Very cool. Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Fleet
    replied

Yep. And i just found out it worked for me while alone but not so much around people. I noticed a cessation of anxiety after taking it at home but outside around people it just didn't hold up for me. But at least it did help me at home.
    Its best for sleep. Your better off trying a sublingual GABA and taking it as needed. I like GABA Calm or Superior Source. Its close to as relaxing.

Leave a comment:

• Charged4Life
    replied
    Vistaril is essentially Benadryl. Its just a simple H1 blocker. Antihistamine. I have hundreds of them. lol
    Yep. And i just found out it worked for me while alone but not so much around people. I noticed a cessation of anxiety after taking it at home but outside around people it just didn't hold up for me. But at least it did help me at home.

Leave a comment:

• Fleet
    replied
    Vistaril is essentially Benadryl. Its just a simple H1 blocker. Antihistamine. I have hundreds of them. lol

Leave a comment:

• Charged4Life
    replied
    I found something that finally addresses my anxiety. It's called "Vistaril". I'm still taking the Prozac in the generic form (Fluoxitine). That stuff works on my obsessive thinking that keeps me locked into my past abuse. No more of that. So that's freeing. Now this Hydroxyzine Pamoate - generic form of Vistaril - is kicking serious behind on my anxiety. Believe me, it's so damn nice not to have anxiety. I've had sky is the limit anxiety my whole freakin life until this Vistaril stuff. It's amazing. Xanax never worked for me. Just gave me bad side effects. Painful ones at that.

At age 54 I'm finally feeling somewhat normal. Wow.

Leave a comment:

• Millionaire Wussy
    commented on 's reply
    Congratulations!! That's an accomplishment.
Working...
X